And so it begins..!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I spotted this site 6 months ago but was a bit reluctant to go ahead due to the possibility of a court case. However, after finding old bank statements from 2005, I calculated I paid over £2,000 in charges within 3 months alone!! (Alliance and Leicester) :evil:

I got into this trouble after opening an account with A&L and accepting their £500 overdraft. Once into the overdraft, it was difficult to get out of it as I was paid weekly. The constant charges every week from exceeding my overdraft meant I was delving further into unauthorised debt, resulting in unpaid direct debits and standing orders, which ended up becoming a vicious circle I couldn't escape from. After around 8 months of this, I had to confess to my parents that I was practically destitute, unable to pay my mortgage, council tax and other debts and as a result, I had to sell my first flat in December 2005 after only 2 years of living there, and move home with my parents. 2005 was the worst year of my life. :(

So with this in mind, I am ready for the challenges ahead, I have spent a good few weeks reading the threads and FAQs and if I am thorough, I'm sure I will see justice eventually.

Good to see everyone else is taking this onboard! Last night's TV coverage must only spread the word!

Hi Destitute.

You must always be aware of the possibility of going to court. You are, after all, initiating court proceedings.

In practice, none of the banks have stepped into court, yet, preferring to settle just before the court hearing.

If you should find yourself in the position of being the "chosen one" there will be all the support that you need, all ready and waiting.

Good luck with your claim.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....