Online Money claim defendant has changed his address to a nonresidential building that has nothing to do with him

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 743 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Online Money claim defendant has changed his address to a nonresidential building that has nothing to do with him, he is using a friend to collect he mail and pass it on to him.

When submitting the Money Claim online, I used his actual address.

This he has now changed to his friends address so the CCJ isn't attached to his property.

How can I make sure the CCJ is attach to the property I originally specified in the claim?

I'm not professional,  but a retired Project Manager.

Thanks for your help Mantis

I know he lives at the address. I visited, and he answered the door acknowledging he lived there. He’s saying the property is owned by his wife, which as he’s had a company dissolved, I tend to think he may have transferred the property to his wife to avoid losing it. I just want CCJ to be served at this home address. I also want to keep the cost of perusing him down.

How much is the CCJ for ?

If it for £600 or more, have you looked into High Court Enforcement ?     Surely if you hand this off to Enforcement Officers, they will deal with the address issues and try to recover the debt for you.

• Like 2

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

Didn’t realise its only cost £3 for Land Registry records. Good to know now that the house is owned by the guys wife. Thanks for that.

I understood that if the CCJ is assigned to the residential address, it will impact anyone at that address in terms of access to finance or credit etc. Would that be correct?

Do I need to do anything to ensure it is logged against the home address?

Thanks

P.S. Claim is for £ 1,313.30

I did approach several Solicitors, but they all said they didn't have the capacity to deal with my case at this time.

a CCJ is against a PERSON , nothing to do with any address nor its ownership thats solely used for serving paperwork. unless you eventually wish to secure it via a charging order, which if the defendant is not the sole owner of ...is all but useless too should you win the claim.

send in high court enforcement officers, costs about £60 if you win.

• Like 2

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Given you're dealing with someone who is refusing to obey a CCJ and making up various lies to hide his address I think enforcement is absolutely required.

As dx says the cost is around £60 which you'll get back from him.

When he gets his car towed away methinks he will be more accommodating.

There is no need to contact solicitors, the process is easy, you can do it yourself.

• Like 2

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks also to FTMDave. Not having been through this process before the help received from this forum has provided reassurance, confidence and a route to take my claim forward. Thanks again RedBirdMas