Backdoor Capquest CCJ - purposefully served to an old address **SET ASIDE WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Around 6-7 years ago, CapQuest did exactly the same thing to me.

We were back and forth with letters to my current address regarding a debt. Unbeknownst to me, they then submitted a court application in a previous address and continued sending normal letters to my current one.

I found out a few weeks after they got judgement in default after they sent a letter to my current address confirming they now had a CCJ and to make immediate payment.

hope you got it sorted then..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Posted (edited)

Yep, in my case I applied to have it set aside, ended up in court. IIRC my defence was I was disputing charges and had been waiting on statements from Capquest / original creditor. Something along those lines.

Managed to demonstrate they'd filed in prior address on purpose to prevent me defending, Judge agreed and didnt really seem to care about the defence, granted a set aside, threw around phrases like "abuse of process" and awarded substantial costs in my favour. Ordered CQ to provide documents requested. Capquest dropped the claim shortly after and wrote off the debt.

Sad/angry to see its not just me they tried this with. @soldat Hang in there. Don't let them get away with it 😀

Edited by BillyBobBobson