Smart ANPR PCN - Church Street, Amesbury

Evening all,

After being successful last year with a parking charge in Basingstoke, I am back again with another one in Amesbury on 6 Feb '22.

I received a letter with the usual jazz on dated 21 Feb '22, however I received it on 28 Feb '22. Pictures of license plates blah blah. The Driver didn't see signage yet again as it was pitch black and we were late for a meal. I didn't respond to this letter.

Yesterday, I received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus, with the amount of £170.00 now owed. It's escalating again... They've also stated I have now lost the right to appeal as I hadn't responded in a timely manner.

Looking at those dates listed above, and taking PoFA 2012 into account, is this grounds to cancel the parking charge?

For those unaware, PoFA 2012 states that I must be informed within 14 days of the "offence"(with day one being the day AFTER the offence taking place).

So by my calculations, if the "offence" was committed on the 6 Feb, they have until the 21 Feb to send the letter out; which is what the letter is dated. However, I received the letter and was informed 22 days after the "offence"!

They had 14 days to send this letter out, and they wait until the last possible moment?

Not my problem, cowboys!

Also, unless they pay for same-day-delivery, what are the chances of this letter getting to me within the 14 days I wonder?

Slim to none...

Thanks in advance. 

• dx100uk changed the title to smart Church Street, Amesbury - SMART PARKING LTD

Please use the same sticky you filled out last time and scan up bothsides of every letter to date to one mass pdf.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Smart ANPR PCN - Church Street, Amesbury

That lateness of the PCN means that it is not PoFA compliant so that means that the alleged debt cannot be transferred from the driver to the keeper. 

It is important that the driver is not revealed to make it as difficult as possible for Smart to win.