Packlink/EVRi parcel delivered with its contents stolen

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 737 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I have a problem with Evri (EVRi) where I sent my sneakers to the eBay Authentication Centre. I received a notifications saying my item failed authentication. I called up eBay and they said that my parcel was tampered with and there were no sneakers inside. I have sent an email to the CEO and support team using a template BankFoddler provided some time back in September. I have also made a police report. I've also tried to contact Evri (EVRi) via phone and live chat but it has been very unsuccessful as they have automated bots. Below I will provide an attachment on the email that Evri (EVRi) have sent me in response to mine. It would be great if you can help me on this and advise me on what to do next.

Hello I have a problem with Evri (EVRi) where I sent my sneakers to the eBay Authentication Centre.

I received a notifications saying my item failed authentication.

I called up eBay and they said that my parcel was tampered with and there were no sneakers inside.

I have sent an email to the CEO and support team using a template BankFoddler provided some time back in September.

I have also made a police report. I've also tried to contact Evri (EVRi) via phone and live chat but it has been very unsuccessful as they have automated bots.

Below I will provide an attachment on the email that Evri (EVRi) have sent me in response to mine.

It would be great if you can help me on this and advise me on what to do next.

evri 1st email response.pdf

Firstly, it would help if you didn't start spamming posts everywhere about this same subject .

We get around to responding as soon as we can .

Secondly, it would help if you would space your posts so that they are more accessible to people, especially those with small screens such as telephones .

I don't really know what you mean by eBay authentication

Sorry for the spam.

eBay authentication is where they check if valuable items are real. For example there are fake and real sneakers. The program works by sending your item to the Authentication centre and then eBay processes it to check whether it is real or fake. Then it is sent out to the buyer.

In my case when eBay received the item at the authentication centre they told me that the box was tampered and empty with no shoes.

I have sent an email to the CEO and support team and they have responded to me with an email (attached below).

I have also asked for a compensation from Packlink and mentioned that if I am not given the full value of the item then they will receive a letter of claim from me.

The email I have sent to the CEO:

Dear Evri (EVRi),

I sold this item: "Nike Dunk Low Court Purple UK6 FREE SHIPPING " for £145.00 on eBay and posted it to the buyer using Packlink/Everi (EVRi tracking #XXXXXXX). The parcel was dropped off at XXX on 04/04/2022 at 08:21am.

It was delivered to the eBay Authentication Centre at Hawker's Yard 21A Stonefield Way, Ruislip, HA4 0BH on 06/04/2022 at 13:37pm. On 07/04/2022 at approximately 18:00pm, the eBay app stated that 'Your item didn't match its description and is being returned to you. The buyer will receive a refund.' I immediately contacted eBay by phone and I spoke with customer services. I was informed that when eBay authentication Centre received the package it was tampered with and the package only contained the Nike shoe box (red box) with shoe packaging. I advised eBay that I had sent the shoes in the box. The agent advised me to create a Police Report as the shoes have been stolen.

I've reported the theft of the shoes to the Met Police, crime reference number: SPXXXXXX

Packlink had advised that compensation is only £25.00 + the postage cost refund of £2.64.

I am contacting you as I do not find this outcome to be adequate - the insurance that you offer against your company’s negligence and failure to deliver my parcel with its contents is an unfair term under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and therefore unenforceable and unreasonable.

I am requesting a full refund of the item price, £145.00. Please note that if action is not taken, I will be writing to you with a letter before claim.

Best regards,

XXXXX

I have censored my private information with 'XXX'.

I hope you can assist me, thank you.

I just received an update from the police, they say how with 'evidence and leads available, it is unlikely that it will be possible to identify those responsible. We have therefore closed this case.' 

I've replied to the message from Joseph (representative of the EVRi CEO). I said the following:

'Dear Evri,

Unfortunately, the police have closed the case. It is now your responsibility to help investigate who stole my shoes. My parcel was with Evri (EVRi) throughout the whole journey. My parcel was therefore in possession of one of your drivers. Please can you escalate my case as a matter of urgency. Please note that if action is not taken, I will be writing to you with a letter before claim. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards'

I hope you are able to advise me on what to do next. Thank you @BankFodder.

evri 1st email response.pdf

You say that you had a message from eBay which agrees that the box was tampered with .

Please can you post up that message here so that we can see it.

Yes, I think it is very important to try and get written evidence of this .

If you send them a gentle email- not conflictual- pointing out to them that you understand from the old telephone call that the box arrived and it appeared to have been tampered with and can they please confirm that in writing .

You could even ask them if they still have the box and if they could let you have pictures but that is unlikely

Alright, I’ll get that done today, I’ll make sure to let you know about any updates.

Also I’d like me to mention how EVRi gave me proof of delivery which is almost useless, I’m unable to locate my parcel in the image and you cannot tell whether it is tampered or not.

Also when dropping of the parcel to my local shop I took an image, which could maybe support my claim. Online I wrote the weight as 1kg, but it seems like the print out machine was broken at the shop hence why it says 1g in the image of the box.

Image 1.  Image of the parcel before dropping it off to the parcel shop.

Image 2. Image of the parcel that eBay had received. (tampered as seen).

Image 3. Image of the inside of the box (empty, only with packaging).

Evri just emailed me saying the following:

‘Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding parcel HXXX

My name is Kelly and I respond to complaints on behalf of my CEO Martijn De Lange.  I have personally been asked by Martijn to respond on his behalf.
I am sorry to hear the Nike shoes you sent for delivery with Pscklink Shipping were not in the parcel atthe time of delivery.

As your parcel delivery was booked through Packlink your contract remains with them as they are who you paid, therefore Evri would not compensate you.

However I would like to conduct a search for the Nike shoes to ensure all areas have been covered before Packlink settle your claim.

I would be grateful if you could provide pictures/photos of the shoes and I will request for a search to be conducted in our Unidentified Freight area.’

It would be great if you are able to help me write our a reply. Thank you.

images+.pdf

This is a standard form of from EVRi .

However, are you able to provide pictures of the shoes?

Don't bother to respond to EVRi. It's a load of rubbish.

See what you can get from eBay and then we will get ready to send a letter of claim .

Have you read around the stories on this sub forum ?

You need to read a couple of dozen or so. You need, especially to understand what the response is to the standard EVRi excuse that you contracted with packlink

By the way, what is the name of the EVRi person who sent you that message?

Do you think I should still send them images of the shoes?

Also I’ve read 1-2 forums which have been sold. One was with someone back in September where they had their shoes replaced with sandals.

I will be trying to get as much information in writing from eBay. 

I hope you can assist me whilst writing this letter. 

Any stories you find anywhere on the internet where items have been stolen in the way that your shoes have, please get screenshots and the internet links .

Will be very good evidence which will be helpful when the thing goes to court .

Yes, I suppose you may as well send EVRi the pictures of the shoes .

In that case, send them a letter telling them that you are attaching the pictures of the shoes that you aren't concerned about your relationship with packlink because you are enjoying third party rights and when you eventually take action, you'll be suing EVRi directly and they had better get used to the idea

I will be researching on the internet to find similar problems with Evri (EVRi). I’ll also be contact eBay now to get a written response.

I have also sent out a reply to Evri (EVRi):

‘Dear Evri,

As already mentioned, my parcel was with Evri  the whole journey. Therefore it was in possession of one of your drivers which holds Evri (EVRi). I will be attaching images in order to conduct a search for my shoes. I am not concerned with the relationship with Packlink as this is Evri’s fault. I am requesting you for a full refund of the item price, £145.00. Please not that if action is not taken, I will be taking legal action.

Kind Regards,

XXXX’

I just contacted eBay and they provided me with images of how it was received and I have it all in writing, I will now begin my research.

Do you think this is sufficient evidence for court, I also have a written email from eBay showing how they received it empty.

Thank you @BankFodder

all images in one file in post 8 now 

thank you.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

7 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Don't bother to respond to EVRi. It's a load of rubbish.

See what you can get from eBay and then we will get ready to send a letter of claim .

Have you read around the stories on this sub forum ?

You need to read a couple of dozen or so. You need, especially to understand what the response is to the standard EVRi excuse that you contracted with packlink

By the way, what is the name of the EVRi person who sent you that message?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No you can 

Simply search here for EVRi

There are 100's of threads with examples to base yours on. 

Post it up as text here for checking 

Dx

and they

I found this template from this website, would it be fine?

Dear XXX,

Reference number XXX – Letter of Claim.

Thank you for your letter of the XXX date.

it is disingenuous of you to suggest that the parcel was simply damaged and the contents went missing. It is quite clear that the item I sent was stolen by somebody connected with EVRi.
The important thing is that the parcel was in your care and as I am sure that you know, under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 I enjoy all the rights that a direct contracting party has and it is on this basis that I'm proposing to sue you for the declared value of the item plus costs.

If I do not have reimbursement in full within 14 days then I shall begin a claim in the County Court to recover all my money plus the court fees and without any further notice.

Incidentally I'm going to some lengths to conceal your identity from being published on social media. I've come under criticism for this but I believe that you don't know what you're doing and you aren't deliberately attempting to deceive me and deprive me of my consumer rights and that you also are simply an innocent victim of EVRi' policy in the way that I and many thousands of your customers are.

Yours sincerely

@BankFodder

@dx100uk

Do you think that is a good template to use or am I able to improve?

you should draft your own letter and not use templates. In the proposed letter above you refer to a parcel which has been damaged and clearly yours hasn't been damaged.

Also what on earth are you doing going on about concealing identities etc?

It's totally irrelevant

Alright, I will be drafting my own letter today.

Packlink also replied to my claim saying this (will provide an attachment below).

I’ve replied to that message by sending the images that eBay had sent me of the parcel being tampered and empty.

1 Screenshot.pdf

Edited by balmeetk1

Just got a response from Packlink, they are opening an investigation.

I've decided that I am going to give them some time to investigate and if the outcome is not satisfied then I will take legal action against Evri.

Below is the email I received from Packlink.

TAMPERING: Opening Investigation evri,XXXXXXXXXX

Dear XXX,

Thanks for contacting PackLink's customer service.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this situation may has caused you.

With this email we confirm to have opened a formal investigation for tampering/missing content/theft. With the data you provided to us, the carrier will open an investigation and confirm the outcome to us.

Take into account that this type investigation requires the coordination of different participants involved (driver, depot, warehouse, carrier's local offices), so it might be necessary to wait for a response from the different parties involved, before being able to provide you with an answer.

Opening the insurance always requires from the carrier to confirm the incident, otherwise the insurance company cannot proceed.

Response times of the carrier
The timing and manner of the investigation are to determined by the carrier, not by Packlink.

Please contact our customer service again to check the status of the claim if you have not received another notification after 30 working days from today ,10-04-2022

We remain at your service. We inform you that if the carrier updates the working status of your case in the next few days, we will see to contacting you by email under this same case number XXXXX. 

Best regards, 

XXXXX
Customer Service Advisor
eBay Delivery powered by Packlink

As long as you are happy to wait 30 days.

I contacted Packlink today via live chat and they said that the maximum compensation amount would be £25.00 and the investigation is still ongoing.

What do you suggest that I should do, do you think they may give me a full refund out of good will or will I have to sue EVRi?