No brakes after Arnold Clark do pads

No1Dazzler
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

New to this site so be gentle lol and sorry for the long post.

I put my Audi A4 into Arnold Clark for service and MOT under service plan. I was informed I needed back pads a tyre and a retaining spring on the front caliper, I okayed the work.

The car went in on the Thursday and after a delay in getting the spring I got it back the following Tuesday with a new MOT. I drove the car our of the dealers and realised I had no brakes the pedal went straight to the floor, I frantically pumped the brakes and the pedal feel came back. I drove another mile and the pedal went again. I phoned them but had to wait for a call back and as it was nearly 6pm I knew I would be stranded at the road side so I nursed it home. The car went back in on the Wednesday morning they had the car for another 13 days. They did give me a courtesy car which broke down on the Saturday and after a phone call to the branch I was told there was nothing they could do for me leaving to deal with getting there car recovered.

The service manager from the branch was honest with me regarding fixing my car although not admitting any fault on there part.

After I got the car back I got a call from customer services offering £75 as a goodwill gesture. Is this fair or should I expect more.

New to this site so be gentle lol and sorry for the long post.

I put my Audi A4 into Arnold Clark for service and MOT under service plan.

I was informed I needed back pads a tyre and a retaining spring on the front caliper, I okayed the work.

The car went in on the Thursday and after a delay in getting the spring I got it back the following Tuesday with a new MOT.

I drove the car our of the dealers and realised I had no brakes the pedal went straight to the floor, I frantically pumped the brakes and the pedal feel came back.

I drove another mile and the pedal went again. I phoned them but had to wait for a call back and as it was nearly 6pm I knew I would be stranded at the road side so I nursed it home.

The car went back in on the Wednesday morning they had the car for another 13 days.

They did give me a courtesy car which broke down on the Saturday and after a phone call to the branch I was told there was nothing they could do for me leaving to deal with getting there car recovered.

The service manager from the branch was honest with me regarding fixing my car although not admitting any fault on there part.

After I got the car back I got a call from customer services offering £75 as a goodwill gesture.

Is this fair or should I expect more.

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured in order to make it readable

You say that you had to organise the recovery of their car. Have you suffered any losses?

How much are the brakes work cost you?

Well clearly the mistake that they've made was potentially catastrophic and frankly it should be worth more than £75 given the subsequent problems that occurred as well.

However, you will properly have to bring a small claim in the County Court and that will take you months and you would probably expect to get may be about £125 after a load of hassle – and of course the risk of being awarded less than that.

I suppose in the circumstances the £75 has been offered and you can accept it straight away – you may as well take it.

I would certainly be putting up some reviews about what has happened on trust pilot and on Google.

I certainly wouldn't be accepting the £75 on condition of confidentiality

• Like 1

Yes. It's a nicely positioned offer.

Not enough really to address the problem – but too much to make it worthwhile causing trouble for more.

Obviously someone's given it some thought!

• Like 1