Driving whilst disqualified - unaware of proceedings

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 742 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My situation is very complicated. 

I was stopped end of Nov last year for going a bit fast by an unmarked police car. Officer told me to ‘slow down a bit’ and was going to let me go following licence checks. He then came back and said I was disqualified since July 2021. This came as a total shock to me. Officer seized my car and dropped me home. I had just bought my new car in October and didn’t have a clue about this ban. He advised me to ring DVLA to find out more. 

next morning I rang DVLA, was told I had a tot up ban from July 2021 relating to 2 MS90s (all of these were held in my absence). 

First MS90 relating to a speeding offence in June 2018 - personally i can’t remember if I received a NIP for this as it was so long ago and I was suffering from severe mental health issues at the time . I definitely did not receive info on the hearing which was in Dec 18 and was given 6 points and a fine in my absence. 
Speeding was dropped and just the MS90 was given. 

Second MS90 August 2020 again a speeding offence for a work car which I used to drive on occasion as Fleet Manager (not sure I was actually driving at the time as it was accessible to the whole team). Did not receive any paperwork in relation to this. 6 points given again (which led to 12 points = tot up ban). 

Went to court (with a solicitor) for the driving whilst disqualified and have been given a 12 month ban and huge fine. 

Any ideas on how I can get myself out of this absolute mess please?? The ban is negatively impacting my mental health again, along with having to deal with the stress and anxiety relating to all of this.

Thanks for taking the time to read all of this! 

Edited by unclebulgaria67
post has been amended slightly as this is a public forum and the post contained enough details to inform anyone responding.

For both of the offences  2018 & 2020,  contact the Courts that dealt with these and request copies of their files. They may charge you small fees to obtain these to cover photocopying and postage.

Once you have the details back, you could then look into this further. For the 2018 offence, had you appeared in Court, would it have changed the outcome ?  If the outcome would have been the same, no point pursuing.

For the 2020 offence, once you know the date of the speeding offence, contact your employers for the car access logs. Employers should retain records of who used the cars on what day/time. If the employers did not keep proper records on car usage, then look at other records about where you were on the date/time concerned. For example, if you were sat on a computer in a different location, you cannot have been driving.

No quick fix unfortunately. Particularly for the 2020 offence, you are going to have turn detective and try to find information, which will enable you to go back to Court.

For anyone facing a mental health crisis, it is important to access the help that is available, so that it is possible to deal with these crisis moments.  For details of help available, here is a link to an NHS website.

WWW.NHS.UK

You may need urgent help for mental health for many different reasons. Some people call it a crisis, an emergency or a breakdown...

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Police have direct access to the Motor Insurance Database [MID]. I don't think ANPR cameras access the MID directly, an actual human being police person has to look it up.

I believe the MID records the registration number and details of every insured vehicle in the UK including who the permitted drivers are but the MID website doesn't comment on it specifically.. The information is put on the MID by insurance companies.

it used to be a case of producing a HORT1 (horty) 7 days wonder notice to prove you were insured, 

thats mostly gone now.

plod can now check yes.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Can plod see everyone who is insured on a policy through ANPR.