• Tweets

• I have received a PCN from Euro Car Parks for MFG - Esso Cobham - Gravesend. I was completely unaware that there was any such limit for parking and always considered this to be a service station. I stopped there to use the toilet, have a coffee and made a couple of work calls. I have read the previous topics on this location which suggest I can ignore this and ECP will not take legal action. The one possible complication is that the vehicle is leased by my employer so I do not want to involve them with the associated reminders and threatening letters. The PCN was first issued to the leasing company Arval who have notified ECP of the hiring company. I have attached a copy of the PCN Notice to Hirer with details removed as per instructions. What options do I have or should I just pay the PCN promptly at the reduced rate of £60? img20240424_23142631.pdf
    • What you have uploaded is a letter with daft empty threats from third-party paper tigers.  Just ignore it. What we need to see is the original invoice you received last October or November.
    • Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

My overall Benefits journey from 2013 to date - and on going still!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a real rollercoaster ride with the to do list....now asking me about previous work, to be done on the to do list by a certain date?.....My daughter at my request has asked in the journal if this even applies to me, I don't see that it does. They know I came over from esa support group.

They are asking about previous earnings in the 12 months before I claimed UC..given that they surely know I wasn't earning and the whole support group transfer episode...I cant just tick the yes or the no answer at it looks like it then leads on to other questions.  My daughter will have to ring them as its once again set off my anxiety and they haven't answered in the journal.  

Does anyone know if the uc staff who monitor the journal are the same that we speak to on the helpline?  nobody is answering my question in the journal and its been a few days now, they don't usually take so long, its worrying me, I prefer they answer in the journal as its a record.  

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone...so I understand that as of April 2019 the UC group of LCWRA has a rise in payment to £336.20.  Does anyone know the actual date in April this applies from?.  sorry if its a daft question but all we can find is its in April.

I would imagine 1st April Ruby if no day stated

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andyorch….was wondering as its not on the may payment which went from 5/4 to 4/5.

They should go up at the start of the new financial year so next payment after 6th April, but it's all a mish mash  some benefits have risen others frozen. 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

yes brassnecked it seems a mishmash, the basic rate and the work related groups have been frozen but the lcwra hasn't been frozen, maybe the computer said no lol...

New UC rates did not come into force until 8th April 2019.  So the new LCWRA would therefore not be applied until the assessment end date in May.

So for example, those with an assessment period of 8/4/19 to 7/5/19, will receive the new LCWRA rate on their statement issued shortly after 7/5/19.

So for your assessment period of 5/4/19 to 4/5/19, you will have to wait until the June statement to receive the new rate.

This is due the statutory instrument passed by Parliament and the related Universal Credit regulations.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

For your information, this is what Parliament passed.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2019/480/contents/made

Thank you unclebulgaria.  I didn't explain right, my assessment phase was from 5th march, my first payment was 11th April,  this May  payment is my 2nd payment of UC, but looking at the dates you point me to it will sort itself out on the system.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to update, you as usual were spot on Unclebulgaria....i will get the increase in the June payment.  UC advised me via journal eventually lol...not moaning about that as i can only guess how many claimaints messages they get.  I hate using the phone, i forget whats been said and end up no better off.

• dx100uk changed the title to would selling my unwanted PC games be classed as earnings?
  • 1 year later...

Is there anywhere (other than dwp) where I can get some info on state pension application....

I have a few months or so yet before I need to move from UC to my state pension but on the form online, which we looked through to see what would be needed at the time...it says date etc of most recent marriage or divorce...

i've been divorced and single since around 1992/3 can't remember the date of divorce and have moved home many times and can't find the paperwork.

Would I really need that info now? 

Sorry if this is the wrong place am just trying to get ahead with what will be needed.

so resolved....

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to UC to State Pension - resolved
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am trying to find information on what happens if a claimant is in receipt of UC LCWRA and moves home into a different area, different jobcentre etc.

Will the current jobcentre send the claim details to the new one when the address is updated in journal?

Will the payment date remain the same?

I can't find anything online that answers this.

Is there a UC guideline anywhere that covers all this that claimants can access?

Any help appreciated.

If you update your address, it does not change LCWRA or payment dates or assessment periods.

Obviously if your claim covers Housing rent, if you change address, the Housing will be for the new address from the date you report new address.

And if your new postcode comes under a different Job Centre and different DWP Service Centre, your claim may be administered by different DWP staff.

To report the change on your claim online, click on report a change of circumstances and complete the where you live and what it costs section.  You can only do this on the day you move or as soon as possible after you move and not before you move.

• Like 1

Thank you Unclebulgaria67, so the change of address postcode etc once reported on the claim will automatically refer it to the new dwp staff/service centre. This is what I hoped would be the case just checking as need to ensure of what should happen. The dates were the main concern as payment dates relied on etc. 

Thank You.

Yes new postcode area if this is not within current job centre area will allocate to a new job centre that covers your new postcode.

Thank you, I just needed to know what should happen in case of any unexpected delay etc. Thanks Again.

• 5 months later...

Sorry to be back with a similar question. I thought I had solved the issue but now it seems I did not. I will reach state pension age in January and am currently on UC LCWRA. 

I was divorced in 1994/5 which is when the decree absolute was granted. Due to personal reasons I had to move home a few years ago with very few items and I no longer have the paperwork. I thought I had read that new state pension did not require this paperwork, there is no connection between me and ex husband and no financial arrangements etc. 

The court which dealt with the divorce was closed some time ago and I am unable to confirm which court definitely has this information. I tried to email the court I thought would have but they want names and case numbers in the subject box which I don't have.

The courts and tribunals website only directs you to an actual court so am baffled how to confirm, have been on the phone for ages today and had to come off waiting due to my anxiety making me actually throw up.

I am baffled at a divorce so long ago would need this information. I can't get through to the state pension enquiry line as they only take calls if you are within 3 months of state pension, yet have seen online that you can claim within 4 months but this isnt the case when you try. I just want to try and get the info if it is needed before the claim so I don't delay it in any way as my UC will end and i'll be in financial trouble.

There doesn't seem to be any kind of forum or enquiry line to help.

I'd appreciate if anyone that knows more than I do can help.  Thank you.

Edited by Ruby_Tuesday
missed out end

I don't know if this helps at all, Ruby.

WWW.GOV.UK

How to order a copy of a decree absolute or a final order if you want to remarry or prove that you have divorced your former husband or wife or...

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

That is where we went but you have to know the court you need...and we haven't been able to confirm which court took over from the one that closed... just got someone else on the phone again now to see if can get through... thank you honeybee13