Sky Charging For Multiview For Four Years Without Service Being Used

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It has come to light, as I deal with my Mum's Sky TV and Broadband subscription.

No idea how this happened - she arranged it initially and probably didn't realise it was being added. Or they mis sold her the contract.

In any case I think it requires a special box to use - which she has never had - so they should have noticed this and stopped charging her surely..

She is waiting for a call back on Monday (to hopefully get the refund approved by a supervisor).

In the event they won't or only agree to refund some of the amount, I'm sure you guys know something about her consumer rights there?

I suppose that this is being paid by direct debit so I would start by invoking the direct debit guarantee and also sent an SAR to Sky.

Keep us updated

Thanks BF - see what they come back with on Monday first. Yes she pays by DD I think. Will keep you updated.

Edited by Guest

Record the call

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

25 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

Record the call

I'll suggest it, but honestly if I'm not there to set this up she won't be able to figure it out.

Hi

With the Subject Access Request (SAR) always use this simple phrase 'ALL DATA' as that simple phrase means exactly that whether they have it in writing, email, recorded calls it means all data that they hold.

They then have 30 Calendar Days to respond but that time limit does not start until they have acknowledged the SAR request and also bear in mind they may ask for proof of Identity which they are allowed to do which can then delay the time limit until they have proof of identity. 

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

They've offered her £400 for a refund - straight into her bank. But oh - wish I'd taken the call! They owe her about £600 and they tried to fob her off with £360 and she said "round it up to £400 and we'll call the matter settled" 🤦‍♂️

So yeah, she done herself out of £200 there and I suppose there's no way to go back on that now?

I might phone up myself?

Hi

They wont discuss your Mums Account without her express permission so you would either need to be present with your mum contacting them then giving permission then you take over and explain the issue.

or

You get your Mum to do a letter giving you full consent to deal with her Sky Account on her behalf and for confirmation this has been registered on the Account. You Mum in the letter will have to give full Address and Account details with your Full contact details)

Insert Mums Full Name Here

Insert Mums Full Address Here

Insert date Here

Dear Sir/Madam

Reference: (Insert Sky Account Number)

PERMISSION TO ACT ON MY BEHALF

This is to confirm that I (insert Mums Full Name) of (insert Mums full Address) from the date of this letter give my full consent for the following person to Act on my Behalf in any and all dealings with my Sky Account until this is withdrawn by myself in writing.

Insert your full name here (not your mums)

Insert your full address here (not your mums)

insert your date of birth here (not your mums)

insert your home number here (not your mums)

insert mobile number here (not your mums)

insert relationship (i.e. son/daughter/carer etc.)

I require confirmation that the above has been registered on my account

Yours Sincerely

(mum signs here)

Mums Name typed here

This will give you access to deal with this further on your mums behalf to challenge this further re the £200 without you needing your mum to actually be present to give her consent as the above is registered on her account.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I've had no problem dealing with them on the phone previously, sometimes when she is there or at my house - I explain the situation and give them the passwords and they have always been happy to discuss her account with me. No need for this letter - but I'll bear that in mind for future.