Neighbour has built a wall between our front garden

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 749 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have a shared front garden with shared gate access .My neighbor has built a wall between our front garden.There is nothing in writing for the build.It has restricted my gate access.I told him he was responsible to the work on my side to extend my gate access aswell.He says he is not responsible as "that wall is your property and he can't touch it". Who is right ? Also both are private properties , so will the council get involved ?- my understanding is  that they will not.So , in essence i would have to take civil action-and wait for lengthy outcome , whilst during all that  i  am  inconvenienced by  restricted access that i cannot even put my bins out ? Meaning its best to pay the few hundred quid for work on my side ?

It's rather difficult to understand your story. Maybe you could start off by posting up a good quality drawing of the problem in PDF format

Hi

You also need to have a good read of the Deeds to your Property to see what is says about this Shared Garden area and who is responsible for what.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group