Engie and Communal heating system rights

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 748 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I live in a development where we don't have the right to choose our own heating and cooling supplier (I believe due to the lease), so in the past EON was the one to provide us with this service. A few months ago, without our approval (leaseholder) Management replace EON with a new company called Engie.

Right from the beginning we realised that the new company was worse than EON in terms of prices and compensation rights (in case of prolonged service failure). Some neighbors also complained that they were charged (apparently by mistake) large amounts by direct debit  from their bank accounts (Understand Direct Debit in the only payment method that this company accepts)  

This company charged an exorbitant amount for their service, just one example only the Standing charge is £27 per month for heating and £15 for cooling. They also charge each KWh of Heating at 27p and Each KWh of Cooling at 7p

At this time I have not established a contract with this new company and I understand some other neighbours have not either.

Engie doesn't know who I am. But I received a letter in the mail addressing the occupant of the property. informing that if I don't set up an account by April 7th my service will be isolated.

it's possible? can they really do that? 

Thanks

Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting to you but could you give us more information as you say you are a leaseholder.

How many properties are within the Building/Complex?

Are all the properties on Leasehold?

Who is the Management Company for the Building?

Exactly what does is state in your Leasehold Agreement about Energy Supplier/Utilities?

Have you asked the Management Company how they picked this Supplier and to provide evidence of there Procurement Process to choose this specific Supplier?

Have you asked the Management Company why you were not notified/consulted that they were in the process of changing energy supplier for your building?

I assume when you refer to Communal Heating system this is a Combined Heating & Power system (CHP)? is this just for your building or is it linked to other properties/buildings?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group