the funding corp worst company ever!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4061 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have recently had a missed payment with the funding corp, and i agreed with them to pay an extra £50 a month ontop of my usual payment. since that time i've had nothing but demand letters and phone calls text messages etc.

today i had a letter to say the contract is terminated and they want the car back.

i have paid the monthly payments including the arrears every month, on time.

All the errors that have been made, to cause all these letter etc , has been their fault.

i find the company employees, as a hole the rudest ever.

when i rang up today to ask them why they sent me a letter saying they wanted the car back, i ended up getting the phone put down on me.

i think (think) it might be ok from now cos the arrears will be paid this month, but they have put me thru so much stress with THIER errors that i want a formal apology.

ive sent a letter of complaint and sent the complaint to BBC 1's watchdog.

but i really want them to be recognised as the bad firm they really are.

is there anything else i can do. cos this has been really stressful and i don't really think anything will come of the complaint letter i sent to them and the BBC................................PLEASE HELP

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi, jus seen your reply 2day. I actually did get a responce from thier customer service dept, and they refunded me £70 in charges as a good will gesture because of my (well there) prob. I still think they are awful for what they put me thru, the staff were absolutly dispicable to me. My account has been running fine now since then, so i'm jus waiting for the day that they ring me up to offer me more credit, so i can turn around and say " ya joking arn't you?? your the worst company i've ever delt with, why would i want to deal with you longer than i should" ??!! petty i know, but it would make me feel better. gonna give the car back soon anyway( as soon as i don't owe them any extra) its one of those gas guzzling types that the government is making a mint off ( and its not a 4x4, so it was a shock)

anyway, keep up ya fight t4ss, i agree with your fight against them, you can call on me if you need someone else to speak out about them

good luck

• 5 months later...

hi, i had a car on finance from the funding corp for 2 yrs, i realised i could not keep up the repaymens and was told if i had paid over half off the money OR had the car for two years then i could voulontry surrender the car with no comeback... i did this in november and i have had nothing but hasstle off them

they ring,write,send text and even turned up at my work place.

this is really getting me down now and wondered if anyone could help me out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I was amazed by the forum and whilst it does not help me at the moment it was helpful to me to know that there are other people out there with the same problem as myself.

I had a credit agreement with this company October 2004, did not realise I was signing or a 5 year agreement (liked the car, very stupid of me not to look at the finer details). Until 18 months ago everything was fine until my husband got registered disabled. Money was tight. Boy did we have fun with this Company. Sorted them out eventually, then the middle son left his job (under a cloud but not his fault - later the company settled out of court) however we supported him for 6 months and are still struggling slightly.

The main point is that October 2007 I was late for that month's payment, texts, telephone calls (mobile and landline) 7 per day. It is happening again this month as I said we will be able to pay January 18th however because I will not give them my bank card details, every day telephone calls, texts, I have now turned my mobile off and am using a spare we have. Legal advise have told me to report harrassing calls to Office of Fair Trading which could take up to 14 days, I have also made enquiries to the police as they seem to think it could be criminal action.

How any anyone got on with their problems.

Hi. I am new today to this site and what has drawn me to register is the amount of complaints about The Funding Corp. I too have been having big problems with them, too many silent calls, constant day and night on landline and mobile,rudeness from staff when they do actually speak to you, having the phone put down on me when I stood my ground,and even a letter that they have charged £45 for. I have made a complaint to the BBC Watchdog Programme but I do not think anything will be done through them unless other people feel as strongly as I do about trying to get them to apologise and admit their mistakes. I shall continue to get as much info as possible regarding this company and see how far that I can take this matter. hope anybody else in this situation with the funding corp doesn't give up.

Hi everyone. I thought I'd bought a car on HP through the Funding Corporation. My business went into liquidation and I thought they would just reposses the car.

Eventually they told me that it was a personal loan I had with them and the interest was stacking up. They took me to court to put a charge on my house. I went to court and spoke to their solicitor who told me not to worry it's just to guarantee them the money if I sell the house. They didn't tell me about the massive interest that would continue to accrue:eek:

I had a £6,500 loan (apparently) Just before the court date I was told they would settle for £9,500. We remortgaged within 6 weeks of the last figure. Our solicitors paid them £ 11,500 final settlement.

I do not have a copy of the CCA. Their solicitor did not present one in court she said it was back at the office and she would send me a copy. I have never received any statements or copy agreements from the FC.

I've got a feeling that they do not have a CCA. Where do I stand now as we have already settled.

If only I had found this site and read it sooner:(

hi all, i had a car written off with the funding corporation about 3 mnths ago, and had no problems what so ever, the insurance company offered an amount for my car. it was undervalued by the insurance company. but i was assisted in every way through the whole process by a very helpful member of staff. My Gap insurance covered the shortfall in full and i had nothing further to pay, i also maintained my account as advised untill the insurance company and my finance company the funding corporation sorted it all out between them, all i did was sit back and relax. I am a little concerned that most of the people on this forum have in some way missed or stopped paying with the odd exception, which as my father (whos a solicitor) advises me is a breach of contract. and its not surprising that if you did stop paying them that they would have to take alternate action. I do think the apr on my deal was quite fair as well. i really cant see where some of you are coming from regarding the issues you have if you stop paying, you reap what you sow. :o :D

want to add we also are having problems with the Funding Corp, which the cit advice is dealing with on our behalf, we have also missed payments - although we have never fallen behind, as always pay up, albeit a little late once or twice, and the phone/text letter harrassment is shocking. We have caller ID now specifically to screen Funding corp! we have had tonnes of answer machine messages and silent calls, also VERy rude people to deal with, they also took payment without authorisation or direct debit as they had bank details given for a previous payment, went to the bank one morning to find money gone! i kid you not.

We too are also debating money owed for a vehicle long since returned and agreed with them, no word for nearly 8 months, everything sorted??? nope - £5000 bill thank you very much.

hi, i used to work for tfc, i hated the company when i worked for them and even more so now. quite frankly they are an utter disgrace, i will never recommend this company to anyone. the individuals who run the company from the top are quite frankly some of the most crooked people i have come across. if there is anything you would like to know please let me know. As i am pursuing a claim against them myself

Got a motor loan from them - not secured on car. Sold car due to financial difficulties and kept up the payments on the loan. Missed a couple of payments on the loan and I agreed with them to take reduced payments. Got a statement of the loan through and the amount had increased by £2000. Called them and they said the loan had been rescheduled which meant more interest as it was over longer period of time. Person who agreed reduced payments did not say anything about "rescheduling" or more interest etc. I have not signed any paperwork for this (it is in my husband's name, but he has never spoken to them). Does anyone know if this is legal? Should my husband have been asked to sign some paperwork? If there is no signed paperwork will the loan be void and return to the previous amount? Can I claim for the charges through Small Claims? I live in Scotland and am desperate from some sound advice - please help.

Got a motor loan from them - not secured on car. Sold car due to financial difficulties and kept up the payments on the loan. Missed a couple of payments on the loan and I agreed with them to take reduced payments. Got a statement of the loan through and the amount had increased by £2000. Called them and they said the loan had been rescheduled which meant more interest as it was over longer period of time. Person who agreed reduced payments did not say anything about "rescheduling" or more interest etc. I have not signed any paperwork for this (it is in my husband's name, but he has never spoken to them). Does anyone know if this is legal? Should my husband have been asked to sign some paperwork? If there is no signed paperwork will the loan be void and return to the previous amount? Can I claim for the charges through Small Claims? I live in Scotland and am desperate from some sound advice - please help.

Hi all. Am also with this fine company. Missed 1 payment in December and had the usual letters, calls etc. I am only 1 month short of being halfway through agreement and asked the last obnoxious caller to send me a breakdown of what is required to voluntary terminate the agreement (1 payment!). Everything changed at that point - they are now being very nice to me and have offered to put the missed payment on to the end of the agreement so no overpayments etc. required. These companies are terrified of getting the car back halfway through as they sell at auction and only realise about a third of what is still owed by you.

• 3 weeks later...

My son bought a Renault Clio in March 2006 through the Funding Corporation. Repayments were £335/month over 5 years!!!!!!!!!! :mad: This of course includes the inevitable PPI. He surrendered the car back to them in Oct. 06 as he couldn't afford the repayments (partner-now ex) lost her job, mortgage payments went up etc etc). He is now paying £110.00/month (which was negotiated through a debt management company) for a car he no longer has:mad::mad:. I am absolutely furious that companies like this can take advantage of the people who can least afford it i.e. young ones who know no better & those who are unfortunate to have a poor credit history. Anyway, we have cancelled the DMP (as they were a fee-paying one) and have sent a S.A.R. to The Funding Corp to see whats what. Andy-much luck. I truly hope you succeed against these..........:eek:

Hi moggieb. Hope you don't have to wait too long for your reply from TFC. Unfortunately these guys don't just take advantage of the youngsters or those with poor credit history. I think they take advantage on anybody who has the misfortune to end up with them. ( with the exception of 1 or 2 very lucky persons ) In future before I purchase/sign anything I will be double checking everything to make sure that the name and address of TFC doesn't crop up on any paperwork. If it does then ,unfortunately whoever for whatever has lost my custom. Stitch

hi, i used to work for tfc, i hated the company when i worked for them and even more so now. quite frankly they are an utter disgrace, i will never recommend this company to anyone. the individuals who run the company from the top are quite frankly some of the most crooked people i have come across. if there is anything you would like to know please let me know. As i am pursuing a claim against them myself

Hi dantesoloman.Poor you working for a company like that. What made you leave? Ha Ha. I am sure that all of us with a gripe about TFC would like to know more. Perhaps you would like to enlighten us all a little further.

I know where your coming from mate, we got ccs legals onto the funding corp. The Bill of sale we had was totally void, we had a letter from the funding corporation saying they could not reposses the car because the bill of sale was void. Keep fighting it...you will win....we did!

I know where your coming from mate, we got ccs legals onto the funding corp. The Bill of sale we had was totally void, we had a letter from the funding corporation saying they could not reposses the car because the bill of sale was void. Keep fighting it...you will win....we did!

Well done Annie:D . Who are ccs legals btw?

Thanks,

Marg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to everyone out there.

Businesswise I am involved in PPI and issues, complaints etc over its mis-selling, in particular, with regard to the loan funded single premium version. And, yes, whilst i would agree this company are pretty bad, they do have their equals in not only mis-representing the product but also in handling customer problems and complaints......and boy are they expensive!!!!

I have just come across someone that bought a car using this company, where the car costs some £6,300 and the protection policy cost a total of £6,900!!! :o

Value for money - I dont think so. Check your papers and see how much this may have cost you!

Our experience of the Funding Corp. has not been too bad compared to some,

however, we recently asked to terminate the agreement and sent £1000 towards the required amount to have paid to terminate (50%). They telephone 3 weeks later asking why we had paid so much, and that they

had no record of termination request.

We eventually received a reply/confirmation that we had paid enough to

terminate on condition the car was in good order.

It is, having been garage maintained for almost two years and recently

had tracking and tyres attended to, BUT we had no proving records so they insisted that the car have a full service at an approved garage at a

cost of £508 then be checked by one of their reps. after sending documents back. About to do this.

As hubs has redunancy looming and increased morg. this was the only option left to cut outgoings.

Should have just left them to reposes.

The Funding Corporation are fairly notorious for having unenforceable credit agreements.They also have Bills of Sale which give them the right to seize cars once the customer has defaulted on payments-without the Bill of Sale a court order is needed to return car.Most Bills of Sale are void because of mistakes made, if you are having problems with this company you should get the agreement and bill of sale checked by an expert, go to your local CAB or Advice Centre.

Thank you for response,

They telephoned today to ask when we were taking the car to Brighouse Auctions, thought we would have had something in writing to do this, its

going on saturday, but, although we have received a letter from them

confirming we had paid more than 50% and that there was no more to pay the guy on the phone said it depends on the auction results.

But at least have letter that states otherwise.

fingers X'd will not need it or have anymore to do with them.

• 3 weeks later...

What's the deal with The Funding Corp? do they like ripping of their customers, I lent £8,000 for a car - I payed £8,642 back they made lot's of errors on my acount wich i'm now paying for, they've took the car and are now demanding a further £9,900. I think I shall take them too court over this as paying £19,000 and no car ? somthing wrong here... If I don't get anywere with that I will get watchdog involved.

I got stuffed last year by TFC. Thought they would reposses the car but they took me to court instead and put a charging order on my house. The interest was getting so ridiculous I ended up re-mortgaging and paying them £11,500 for a £6,000 car!

This was all pre CAG :(

I do not have a copy of the original agreement and I believe they don't neither as they couldn't produce it in court but the judge just let it go through.

Can I try and claim back any charges or high interest I have paid? Or is it too late? I have never received any statements from them at all.

The solicitor that dealt with my remortgage just asked them for a settlement figure and paid it. He didn't ask for a breakdown of the amount.

I wish I had found CAG before all this. Any advice anyone?:o

What's the deal with The Funding Corp? do they like ripping of their customers, I lent £8,000 for a car - I payed £8,642 back they made lot's of errors on my acount wich i'm now paying for, they've took the car and are now demanding a further £9,900. I think I shall take them too court over this as paying £19,000 and no car ? somthing wrong here... If I don't get anywere with that I will get watchdog involved.

Good luck. YES this company really gets a kick out of ripping people off and causing them distress. I have contacted Watchdog and I know of someone else who has contacted them about about TFC but I get the impression that they are not interested as I never heard back from. TFC make lots of errors and some of these situations they have actually created themselves but they would never admit that they are at fault. Take the time to read through all the messages on this site. I have found it a great help to find likewise people.