the funding corp worst company ever!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi this is my first post but me and my missus bought a car with finance from tfc and as before same old same old. We had to pay £250 on our first monthly instalment as a charge for the finance (we were never told) had loads of charges £500 and have now been told it will cost me another £195 to get my docs when i make my last payment in november (again never told) Stay away!!! Also ive been reading a lot of people bought car from carcrafty - i mean carcraft. I was in sales and i bought a car cash from them for £6800 and if i hadn't been as strong i would have ended up paying for all sorts of things which would have took the sale up by thousands. They actually took me in a room and had a go at me, then when i didn't buy they got more guys in to have a go - if i didn't like the car so much i would have walked. The best rule i stick to is dont take out any extras like gap insurance, paint protection etc it is ALL JUST MONEYMAKING SCHEMES

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a motor dealer for a reputable company I disagree with that last statement "all just moneymaking schemes" and hese is why

under FSA law we are required to give you the OPTION to purchase these items - they have their uses when properly instigated, but you should be under no obligation to buy it!

where this system falls down is underhanded companies like this taking the option away. i sell a lot of Gap, Paint Protection and extended warranties from my dealership, safe in the knowledge if it's needed we'll come good on the agreement. however, as my previous posts state, TFC's are not worth the paper they are printed on!

anyone actually get anywhere with this lot????

They came to reposess the car at 5:30 this morning!!!!!!!!!!!! (funilly enough when i called them for a "chat" there was nobody in the office!)

having said that, when the phrase "i'm sure you got up real early and travelled an awfully long way, but you ain't taking anything without a court order!" got the response "oh, ok" it felt great!!!!

anyone taken an IVA against these people before? not to cancel the debt per say, but to make it small enough to not notice it going out each month? also they say they have legal power to write of proportions of the debt from interest charges etc (albeit through negotiation with the debtor). it's something i'll be looking into today i think.........

i'll keep you all posted!

AJ

I agree with AJ In fact I would go so far as to say that anyone who buys a car without getting GAP insurance is very foolish. - Having said that I would recommend that you shop around as some can be very exorbitant. I paid a 1 off charge of about £350 on a £35,000 Disco whereas the franchise dealer wanted at least 4 figures + interest

hello everyone im new here ive been reading all your posts for hours, i am currently with tfc i bought my car from acf march 2008 i was told when the fella came back from the office upstairs that i couldnt have the car unless i took mechanical break down and gap needless to say i took them as i need a car. i couldnt make a payment a few months ago so i rang them up and they put the missed payment on the end of the aggrement so i thought far enough anyway me and my chap r struggling money wise now as is everyone else we cant make the payment this month or any month for that matter !! with me reading all the post i got my paper work out law and behold my aggrement says ( all sums payable under this agreement will be secured against vauxhall vectra by way of bill of sale ?? looking closeer it dont say its a hpi agreement anywhere ? plus looking even further i will be paying back a total of ............ tada 18,226.80 omg..... for a bloody car thats worth maybe 2000 grand now if im lucky !! so my question is now i cant pay what do i expect ? how soon will the tfc be hounding me and what actions do i take ??? do i give them the car ???

good luck to everyone with there disputes i too will have one of my very own soon :(:(:(

Edited by lisaloo

Hi lisaloo Welcome - start your own thread.

In the meantime do you know if the so called BoS & sworn affidavit has been registered with the High Court. It had to have been done within 7 days from your signature & if it wasn't it ain't worth the paper it is or isn't written on

hi jonchris thankyou for the welcome:-)

i really dont if the bill of sale has been registered ? the thing that confuses me is if the bill of sale is void do's that mean the hole agreement is null n void ? am totally clueless on this sort of subject so excuse me if i seem a little thick lol :confused:

Hi,

Im new to all this. And i cannot believe what i am reading and what i have got myself into. I recently got a car from ACF and got a finance on the car through the funding corp. when i recieved my "contract" it states that the interest rate is like 44.8% or something. and the car is worth £3000 and im having to pay back £13000. i regret doing this and is there anyway that i can cancel this and give my car back. they will be taking my first payment out on 3rd june. im really really stuck. someone help!!!! please!!!

Hi all.just had letter from stephensons they have had a letter from TFC saying the b of sale is void.but the credit agreement remains enforceable l think it means if we default they can still take it back don,t know until we get in touch with stepensons on monday what ever we can,t afford to make any offer to them or volontary agreement to hand back the car because my husbond needs a car to get to work with working nights 30 miles there and same to get back only new were to go from here wish we could get rid of TFC and the rudeness of there staff.:idea::-x

As the Bill of Sale is void then they will not be taking your car back, however the credit agreement remains enforeceable which means they will want any money that is outstanding on the agreement.

Stephensons will now check to see if the Credit Agreement is enforceable, check for unfair charges & misold PPI.

You are in very good hands if Stephensons are handling your dispute. Stephensons are dealing with the same sort of thing for me, so if you need more information to put your mind at rest then send me a PM

believe me

the bos is just the begining

they would have allready checked the credit agreement

i wont go to much into it but the bos must contain 12 points the same as on the credit agreement

i think you are in for a happy surprise

car as well

Hi postggi. we know the Bof S is void but we can,t voluntry return the car because of our credit score which is -rap l think we wil have to keep the car and put up with the rudeness and everything esle what comes with the TFC.:-x

We’re sorry you were dissatisfied with the service you received from ACF Car Finance. We are committed to treating customers fairly and aim to offer the highest level of customer service at all times and would like to apologise if this did not happen.

If you would like to contact our Customer Service Team to discuss any aspect of an account you have with is, please call 0871 271 3600. Lines are open Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm.

We’re sorry you were dissatisfied with the service you received from ACF Car Finance. We are committed to treating customers fairly and aim to offer the highest level of customer service at all times and would like to apologise if this did not happen.

If you would like to contact our Customer Service Team to discuss any aspect of an account you have with is, please call 0871 271 3600. Lines are open Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm.

You just have to laugh :lol: at a statement like that!!!!

ACF

WELCOME

CYGNET

DO YOU REALY THINK YOU OFFER CUSTOMER SERVICE

STOP RIPPING PEOPLE OFF

ENOUGH SAID

YOU ARE ALL THE SAME SHARKS

• 2 weeks later...

IDIOTS....... If you care tha much just give the landline phone number and stop trying to make more pennies from the 08. 01244 200 200.

And before you come on stating that the Chester Landline does not guarantee you get the right Dept, the 08 number goes to the same numpty on the phone.

You are a disgrace, totally and utterly, whoever you are, if you have an ounce of decency, resign as your company is about to fold, i have that on good Authority byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

hi all just a up date there is,nt a lot stepenson can do tryed to get credit so we could hand back the car no chance with our credit score .with bos bean,ing void the hp there little fault with that so stephensons are putting to tfc that we,ve paid over £10,000 for a car which was £5000 and we still got 18mths to pay.