the funding corp worst company ever!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey guys

tfc have passed my details to a company called red to black, these are tfc`s sister company who handle people like us.

or so i thought, until i rang them.

they have kept my details until yesterday, now without any warning they have sold the "debt" to another company, after just 1 week.

beware the tfc.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys, just thought i'd let you know how things are going against the funding crap.

Well my house completes its sale soon, and the secured loan i have looked like it was going to be paid and these shysters would have won, HOWEVER, things are really sound now. My solicitor offered TFC a considerable sum lower than owed to settle the loan, and at the same time let them know that if it goes to court, it will be a matter of law that they will certainly lose, and not a judges discretion, and they will not only lose the £13000 but there will be an application made for the money ive already paid to be returned, and costs on top.

Well with their usual attitude of being the big I AM, TFC have not responded hoping the conveyancing solicitor will pay the loan off and that's that, what they dont know is i have used the same solicitor for the conveyancing and they are keeping the money until its all sorted and the charge will be made invalid as the debt is unenforcable, yipeeeeeeee.

So as the funding is in place, TFC don't get their money on completion of my sale, i think, so far, its Inocent Public 1, Cowboys Incorporated 0.

I'll keep you all posted.

Hi All, I bought a car through ACF a part of TFC it's on a hire purchase deal. Anyway after fault after fault I contacted the local CAB who said that I could reject the vechilce on the grounds that it is not fit for purpose and not of satisfactory quality! Under the sale of goods act. Anyway I wrote to them saying the above and rang them "we haven't received it" I was told so I faxed it 5 times and sent it recorded. Anyway I have had texts and silent phone calls every day. So I reported them to the OFT.

They claim they are investigating my complaint, I asked how long that would take! nobody knows.

Anyway after comming accross this site I aggree with all of you that they are rude and very intrusive. And I will now be complaining to OFCOM,Watchdog and any other places I can think of.

Good luck to all of you

Hiya everyone, having been reading your threads about TFC, you see, I am trying to help a friend who has a loan from them in 2004 & finished in July this year. Here's the story.

Four years ago, he was desperate for a car & couldn’t get a loan cos of a bad credit history but he managed to get one from TFC & the salesman took full advantage of his position & he ended up signing for a car that he couldn’t afford with a 38.3% interest rate APR, the saleman didn’t explained to him at the time because of his disability.

Also I noticed they have sold him with PPI & ‘Gap Insurance' at the time.

(I will find out if he was told at the time that without these insurances, he would not get the loan)

Can anyone please advice me which fees he can claim back?

Loan ….. £7.325.00 total £19,463.56!!!

monthly payment £306.32

Interest debited £6,683.36

Credit Protection Insurance = 279.77 monthly payment

Gap insurance….. £306.32.

2 Year Warranty….£695.00

Option fee………..£195.00

Admin Fee……….£250.00 & £120.00

Unpaid Direct Debit Fee… total = £250.00

Default Fee (Memo)….. total = £500.00

many thanks & so sorry for the overload of questions

Bobbie

hi guys

well dick turpin and co have tried to pass my account to apex debt management,until i contacted trading standards.

because the account is in dispute they cannot pass it on.

however the high and mighty tfc think they can,who do these people think they are.

i am now waiting for trading standards chester to contact me as all my details have been passed to them.

it seems that one part of tfc are prepared to negotiate but the other part hasnt got a clue.

what a bunch of numpties i just wish it would go to court and let the judge see what these people are trying to get away with

keep up the fight

vanman

Hi all.have,nt been on for a while just a up date.waiting to see if l get the funding from stevensons to take TFC on as a no win no fee case.if not will take to the CAB .we can,t let tfc get away with what they are doing to decent people.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just to let you know, after reading this thread i am shocked at the amount of disgruntled customers TFC have, i too are now (or well have been for over 18 months a very unhappy client of TFC). IF you would like to know more, either view my thread or i will be willing to add to this one. However i would like some advice regarding my situation with them anyways!! :-)

• 5 weeks later...

When I read all these complaints about TFC, I felt so much better! I am not the only one who has been scammed by these people! To put the words nicely, 'I hate them'. They are so rude and so obnoxious. It was the biggest mistake my husband and I ever made by signing for this car. I don't want the car, and would like to return it. We have paid nearly 2 years for this car. We are having financial difficulties, and nearly lost our home. We went to CAB, who has been wonderful. CAB did sent TFC a letter, but they chose to ignore them. We are not able to make our payments on time for December, and I phoned them this morning to arrange to pay them on the 21st, plus their normal instalment on 31st of January. I didn't say I am not paying! I was threatened this morning, so I told them to come and fetch the car, but she wouldn't comment. I am tired of their harrassing calls on my mobile and home phone. A few months ago we also missed a payment and they phoned my work! I was furious! It is between them and me, and not them and my work. I told them in no certain terms to not phone me at work again. They are ripping us off with their charges. We are battling to keep up the payments for this car, and trying to support our home and 3 children, but they won't help you. Drastic action needs to be taken against TFC. The company should be shut down for gross misconduct of the credit industry. How does one get out of an agreement with them, without recourse to further action?? They should not be allowed to trade any longer! They do not have people's interests at heart. The government needs to be informed of these illegal practices. Can someone help with any advice?

Tks

Desiky

Well you mention the fact about recording telehphone calls, i had a rather heated conversattion with one of the donkeys up at TFC a few weeks ago, with regard to a missed payment, i asked if i could speak to someone higher up than customer complaints, i did ask for the elusive Nick Cherry, but was told he wasn't available, i asked again, and was rudely told he was not able to come to the telephone. They informed me at the start of the call that calls may be monitered for training etc etc. I also said i was going to record the call there on in, and i was shouted...yes shouted at by the obnoxious little so and so, that the call will be ended if i say i was not going to record the call, i held on for a few moments, went to the toilet and let the guy hang on for some time, i went back and said i have a legal right to record calls if i choose, so long as i informed him, and on that he hung up the phone!

Now i was mis-sold a car, PPI and everything else to boot with connection to TFC and Carcraft. Fees upon fees upon fees, i have had a useless car which broke down within 12 months, which cost me £1400 to repair even though i had warranty on it. I have PPI (at a cost of £42 per month) on it which i am currently seeking as i have just been made redundant. And to put the cherry on the cake, i was involved in an RTA a few weeks ago, they may fix the car, they may write it off, leaving me with no car and a credit agreement to pay of over £10,000! I sincerely hope the credit crunch hits TFC really hard, as they have hit me harder!!

Just to note, upon looking at the mountain of paperwork i have from TFC i have been charged a fee of £842 from CC when i signed for the car as a warranty, i purchased the car in the May 05 only for it to be seriously faulty by the November 05.

My experience with TFC is totally messy and needs ironing out help, :-(

Well you mention the fact about recording telehphone calls, i had a rather heated conversattion with one of the donkeys up at TFC a few weeks ago, with regard to a missed payment, i asked if i could speak to someone higher up than customer complaints, i did ask for the elusive Nick Cherry, but was told he wasn't available, i asked again, and was rudely told he was not able to come to the telephone. They informed me at the start of the call that calls may be monitered for training etc etc. I also said i was going to record the call there on in, and i was shouted...yes shouted at by the obnoxious little so and so, that the call will be ended if i say i was not going to record the call, i held on for a few moments, went to the toilet and let the guy hang on for some time, i went back and said i have a legal right to record calls if i choose, so long as i informed him, and on that he hung up the phone!

Now i was mis-sold a car, PPI and everything else to boot with connection to TFC and Carcraft. Fees upon fees upon fees, i have had a useless car which broke down within 12 months, which cost me £1400 to repair even though i had warranty on it. I have PPI (at a cost of £42 per month) on it which i am currently seeking as i have just been made redundant. And to put the cherry on the cake, i was involved in an RTA a few weeks ago, they may fix the car, they may write it off, leaving me with no car and a credit agreement to pay of over £10,000! I sincerely hope the credit crunch hits TFC really hard, as they have hit me harder!!

Someone else who has tried to contact Mr Nick (one day ill manage to pop my) Cherry.

I had the misfortune of talking to him, and if you think the staff are rude (which they are) he takes the biscuit. Arrogant little so and so, well ive finally got my Legal Aid in place, and the Case report has been sent to TFC, they have not replied, but more important, i have not paid them a penny for 4 months now and had no word of contact from them lololol.

Something tells me TFC are now knowing what people power does.

I have been told, not only will my £14000 get wiped clean and legal costs covered but also, through non compliance on TFCs part, my legals are claiming the £5500 ive already paid too.

OH HAPPY DAYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Someone else who has tried to contact Mr Nick (one day ill manage to pop my) Cherry.

I had the misfortune of talking to him, and if you think the staff are rude (which they are) he takes the biscuit. Arrogant little so and so, well ive finally got my Legal Aid in place, and the Case report has been sent to TFC, they have not replied, but more important, i have not paid them a penny for 4 months now and had no word of contact from them lololol.

Something tells me TFC are now knowing what people power does.

I have been told, not only will my £14000 get wiped clean and legal costs covered but also, through non compliance on TFCs part, my legals are claiming the £5500 ive already paid too.

OH HAPPY DAYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Hi.nish40.great news were just waiting to see if stephenson take our case on as a NWNF against tfc.just take them to the cleaners.

• 4 weeks later...

we have also had problems with these muppets as someone called them the only trouble is that they came without tell

ing us they were picking the car up so we havent got the car and we have had the calls we had to change our phone number because we got so sick of it but i will insisted go to see a solictor as we have and see if they take it on we didnt even know this site exsisted until 29th jan but for us it might be to late to get the car back but it might not be for someone else

Hi all TFC lovers.

NISH so glad to hear that you are finally getting somewhere and good luck with the rest of it.

It has been a while since we last commented about TFC muppets, but I was just browsing through the consumer site and though I would come on here for curiosity.

We haven't faired so well.............. Trading standards were very good to us and picked up errors on our paperwork regarding the money sums as they didn't add up. Unfortunatley Stephensons Solicitors were not so good and couldn't see the errors, and didn't give us an explanation as to what they assumed this large sum of money was that TFC had put on .

Although they (stephensons) might have been good for other TFC lovers they didn't help us despite the fact that other people have checked our paperwork and come to the same conclusion as TS and ourselves. Also we do feel that our case isn't as bad as some on here so maybe our problem wasn't big enough.

Anyway after complaining about all the harrasing telephone calls fom TFC day and night constantly to them and other various organisations and getting nowhere, we got the better of them in more ways than one.

We changed our telephone provider and number (and didn't inform TFC), we changed our bank and we set up a Standing order with the new bank and not a direct debit. We were advised against settng up a direct debit facility for payments to TFC because of their conduct. The standing order puts us in power as we now control the payments to them and not the other way around. So at least we did get 2 things over them for a change.

My life was at a very low ebb over these guys and the whole thing made me quiet poorly, hence the time lapse since my last post.

Myself and Hubby are convinced that this company will keep going despite all the complaints, court cases etc that are happening because nobody wants to close them down, even though this should be the conclusion. We can't all be wrong and TFC are well known to Trading Standards in all regions, for their underhanded trading, rudeness, arrogance, etc etc.

My message to you all is GOOD LUCK.

Stitch

Hi all, well its been quiet for a while her, but over the last week it's been pretty fun.

Ok well firstly, i got a call from the Idiot Corporation at work, the lady called Lyndsey was very rude, and would not let me speak.

When she had finished waffling on about catching up payments bla bla bla, i started to inform her that the loan was deemed unenforcable by my solicitor.

To this she stated my solicitor was useless and knew nothing about finance law and it was enforcable and i had to pay up..... i said no.

I thought she had hung up, but she must have put it on silent, cos when i put the works phone down, and 5 mins later tried to dial out, she was still there saying "i wont be hanging up till you make a payment", so after i asked was she working continuously for the next 18 hrs, i put it down, picked up STILL THERE.

Anyway this went on for 45 mins till i rang my solicitor on my mobile.

When he answered i picked the works phone up and held it to my mobile, and my solicitor got a mouthful, needless the lovely lady from TFC quickly hung up when i told her who she had spoke to.

2 days later, at 8 oclock just as corrie ended, theres a knock at the door, opened it, and a man from EXCEL COUNSELLING SERVICES was there, sent by..... The Muppet Corporation.

In fairness he was ok, independent to them, and after i told him the case, he went said he would not call again even if asked, he was a nice guy, and no kick offs.

Well i since found out, that my case has now got advanced funding, and Barristers are now pouring over it to start legal proceedings.

I have reported them to ofcom about contacting my work, and i have made my statement to my solicitor, so ill let you know how i get on. Talk soon peeps.

P.S. Stitch im pm ing you

Hi we got finance for a car from TFC 2 years ago and unfortunately it was in a no fault accident and written off 6 months after we bought it. We had PPI and GAP insurance which we were told would cover everything if there was an accident and we would not be out of pocket. The insurance company paid out promptly and we thought that we the end of it. No, we then got a letter some 8 months later stating we still owed them over £4,000. When I rang to ask them about this I could not get a straightforward reply so I wrote to them to ask them to explain the outstanding balance. They just sent a standard letter back. They did say some of the balance was for the PPI, which I asked them to cancel and they did this but still would not give a reason for the rest. After many letters and phone calls, which I have now asked them to stop phoning, we are still none the wiser as to why we owe this money and I am not going to contact them any more and await the next letter. I intend to take this matter further, if anyone can give advice I would appreciate it

I might be way off here...

Did the GAP cover finance or just the value of the car?

A lot of GAP protection policies cover the vehicle value only, especially if you got it after buying the car.

So if you bought a car for £25000 and wrote it off...the GAP would pay off the 25000 but not the £30000 which was the actual amount financed with interest etc

And that with the PPI...

Still does not appear that TFC have secured further funding. From the December figures they have a total of £22million left in the loan kitty.

They only lend out about £2million a month now compared to about £8million back in september 2006. The kitty was at about £150million back then.

The cattles group (Welcome finance) are known to be struggling to seek finance so I bet TFC will be even more so.

What a shame.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just noticed that Jim Rowley (managing director) no longer working for TFC. He was one of the orginal lot that started up TFC. Did he walk/run or pushed?

Things not looking good

:)

Edited by toneighty170

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid the "Nick Cherry is not available right now" was probably true as the M.D. had his pants down over a table giving him Dicktation

Edited by nish40