Lost big parcel 15kg with EVRI (former EVRi EVRi Hermes) and claim submitted on Monday but yet no answer.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 716 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I bought by a private seller an item I need to work from home, since i can't get out because of Covid and I am now with Universal Credit and partial invalidation to work recognised. I am trying to do something while at home to pay expenses and the seller gave me 2 items, one gifted and I decided to book collection for the item with Evri. Item weight is 10kg, but I choose and put insurance for 15kg just to stay safe. I booked the 5th and it was supposed to be collected on Monday. I checked post codes and addresses and they are currect. Lady put pictures of my parcel with my data on the label and all, courier came to collect it on the 8th of March, and it said it was too big for his van so he will come back in 2 hours. I have CCTV camera video from the lady. He never came back but he scanned the label, so it said collected on the label. I was better to cancel with them and maybe DPD or other company, because when he came back, on the 11th of March to collect, and the label was fixed in the tracking, this is last time I saw my parcel. I wrote it was big and what was it so the excuse is already silly, and I had to phone them to have it collected. Tracking is stopped since 12th of March, sayiing it is at local sender's depot and never moved, or better, I had a notification "EVRi EVRi EVRi EVRi EVRi EVRi EVRi Hermes took your parcel from EVRi EVRi EVRi EVRi EVRi EVRi EVRi Hermes" (they changed name few days later) and in customer service track it says "despatched from that depot" regard I can only see "You parcel has been sorted at the sender's local depot". I had to submit a claim, but the item I bought was second hand, and I can prove the real value of the item, and I need it for work, and need to buy another one, it is a specific model. Since then, I contacted CEO and resolver and other and they all says it is lost, last Monday I submitted claim, and police told me if they don't give me back items or money, I can ask them to take action under theft crime, since I appealed for that. I suspect it has been stolen or forgotten in one of the 2 depot, mine and sender's and nobody care. Is there a way to have item back? Seller also offer to go the depot to take it. Is there any lawyer I can contact to sue them, because I think some want to be paied only after cause is closed. I can't get out because of Covid and they are damaging my sales as private seller and person. How can I contact press and TV since this company loves them so much?? What you suggest me to do? Thank you.

Also I will probably book again a big parcel with DPD, but it send me to DPD local, which people says it is a problem, how can I have it by DPD only? Or what other Delivery Company you suggest, please??

Hello,

I bought by a private seller an item I need to work from home, since i can't get out because of Covid and I am now with Universal Credit and partial invalidation to work recognised.

I am trying to do something while at home to pay expenses and the seller gave me 2 items, one gifted and I decided to book collection for the item with Evri.

Item weight is 10kg, but I choose and put insurance for 15kg just to stay safe.

I booked the 5th and it was supposed to be collected on Monday.

I checked post codes and addresses and they are currect.

Lady put pictures of my parcel with my data on the label and all, courier came to collect it on the 8th of March, and it said it was too big for his van so he will come back in 2 hours.

I have CCTV camera video from the lady.

He never came back but he scanned the label, so it said collected on the label.

I was better to cancel with them and maybe DPD or other company, because when he came back, on the 11th of March to collect, and the label was fixed in the tracking, this is last time I saw my parcel.

I wrote it was big and what was it so the excuse is already silly, and I had to phone them to have it collected.

Tracking is stopped since 12th of March, sayiing it is at local sender's depot and never moved, or better, I had a notification "EVRi Hermes took your parcel from EVRi Hermes" (they changed name few days later) and in customer service track it says "despatched from that depot" regard I can only see "You parcel has been sorted at the sender's local depot".

I had to submit a claim, but the item I bought was second hand, and I can prove the real value of the item, and I need it for work, and need to buy another one, it is a specific model.

Since then, I contacted CEO and resolver and other and they all says it is lost,

last Monday I submitted claim, and police told me if they don't give me back items or money, I can ask them to take action under theft crime, since I appealed for that.

I suspect it has been stolen or forgotten in one of the 2 depot, mine and sender's and nobody care.

Is there a way to have item back?

Seller also offer to go the depot to take it.

Is there any lawyer I can contact to sue them, because I think some want to be paied only after cause is closed.

I can't get out because of Covid and they are damaging my sales as private seller and person.

How can I contact press and TV since this company loves them so much??

What you suggest me to do?

Thank you.

Also I will probably book again a big parcel with DPD, but it send me to DPD local, which people says it is a problem, how can I have it by DPD only?

Or what other Delivery Company you suggest, please??

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured in order to make it readable

• BankFodder changed the title to Lost big parcel 15kg with EVRI (former EVRi EVRi Hermes) and claim submitted on Monday but yet no answer.

Firstly, I'm sure we can help you but your story is rather difficult to understand.

It would be helpful if you would simply give us a chronology – and also what was it you are sending, value, was it insured? Was the value properly declared and was the identity of the item properly declared.

Secondly, you will see that you posted an enormously long block of text. This is extremely difficult for people to follow – especially when they are using a small screen such as a telephone.

I tried to restructure it for you but please will you bear in mind that we can help you but you need to present your posts properly, well spaced and punctuated.

Yes it is a lot because I am dealing with them since 5th of March, when I booked the collection for a pre owned mannequin I require to work, and it is a specific model, usually came from America, and I need that, I do crafting, since I can't work at the moment due Covid and breathing issues.

The item is hold to their depot (I can't understand if mine or sender's one) since 12th of March, after they sorted and moved between depots, as notification said and since then, silence on tracking number. I called them everyday over the phone about it, and after many it will arrive in 48h or it is active and so, now they say it is lost. Last Monday I submitted a claim, with pictures of price of new items, since you can't find it second hand now, and I assured the parcel when I booked it. No reply yet.

I had to contact police in the meantime and they said I can open a case under theft since they are holding item and money, and give them up to Monday to sort the claim. I put price of the item new sold by a shop on Ebay as proof of value of that model, I managed to find mine, but there are import duties as well to pay as the shop says in price for delivery abroad.

I'm very sorry but your story is still unclear .

Could you simply sit down a chronology with the points that I've mentioned above and then we can start to help you .

Also, you should spend some time reading the stories on the EVRi sub forum because that will explain to you exactly what you will have to do and the arguments that homies will try to put in your way .

You haven't even told us the value of this mannequin, whether the value was properly declared and whether it was insured?

I am sorry, what do you mean with Chronology, please?

Mannequin value of market is sold by shops abroad for about 130, or 91 £ with duty tax import and delivery up to 200 £

I payed mine 65 £ and the seller added a wig for free inside. Since i didn't touche the wig i can say the value but I declared it 75 £ since wig usually start from 10 £.

I am having a look about the other post, so I will be prepared to them debating.

Yes but when the delivery was booked with them, you must declare the value. What was that value?

Also you would have declared the identity of the contents – were the contents correctly declared? What did you put when you described the contents?

Chronology means a timeline.

When was the parcel sent?
When was the last time that it was tracked?
When did you approach EVRi about it?
What do you say to them?
What did they say back to you?
How long ago was the last exchange you had with them?

I suggest you start reading the EVRi stories and then you will start to understand what you need to do.

I did.

As I said I declared 75 £ for the pre owned item they collected. I wrote mannequin.

11th of March collected - Parcel was collected by private seller.

12th of March - Last time it was tracked.

13th of March - I contact them by e mail from previous day for failing the collection (they update it on Monday)

15th of March I then asked them over the phone and e mail, about the parcel since it was not moving from tracking, and they said it will be delivered in 48h.

21th of March - I submitted claim to have refund.

Thank you. And have you had a response to your claim for the refund?

Okay.

I think as you put in your complaint only a very few days ago, you should probably wait up to about 10 days to see what happens.

If either they decline your request or they don't reply at all then let us know and we will help you with the next stage which will be a letter of claim.

By the way is this an international parcel or have you sent it from a UK address to another address in the UK?

Ok, thank you. This item is from UK to UK, no international. I really hope they can compensate me because you have no idea what mess and trouble I am having because of this and the loss of money I am having since i use this mannequin to craft items, as the lady sold me that.

Edited by Claire230

Hello, I submitted the claim last Monday, but never update me yet.

I wish to go legal since they are causing me massive health trouble and financial problems,

how does it work in England??

I am Italian and living here since 8 years but I never had to go legal. What proof wouls I need to won the cause?

I would like to appeal for theft or if there is something else I can try to. I heard about ombudsman, should i go through them as well? Thank you.

Police said they can't find my reference and when I wanted to raise a new crime as theft they said since there is no intention in stealing it is not correct.

What about the many investigations by the Times and other video I am finding now and press I didn't know before??

They clearly shows they can't do the job properly, and you said in one of your post as per consumers right, it is their responsibility to take care of parcels.

Thank you for your reply.

On 26/03/2022 at 18:07, BankFodder said:

If either they decline your request or they don't reply at all then let us know and we will help you with the next stage which will be a letter of claim.

bit soon for a letter of claim giving 14 days then off to court.

but no harm in reading up and preparing it.

there are 100's of EVRi threads here

you need to self help and read a good few 10's so you know the process and what to put in your letter of claim.

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello, update:

I got in touch for refund. Problem is they want to compensate the items lost and it is ok, plus delivery, but like I said now item is more expensive to buy and I will be left without that and not enough money to have another one. Do you suggest me to take the refund or to push them to give me money to buy it again. My item was second hand, new one is more expensive.
Thank you.

You will only be able to recover the value which you declared when you organised the delivery .

If they are offering you that now then you should accept it. If there are offering you less than you declared for then you should think about pursuing the claim to court

I understand, then I will take the refund, at least I don't lose my money. Thank you. I hope they don't send me something different since I am keeping tracking of messages and I will respond in court if they pay me less.

• Like 1

I spoke with them and they wanted to refund me the amount I lost and declare, plus delivery price, and a good will gesture of 25 £ for a gift seller put inside the box for me, and i didn't cover with assurance since I can't know the proper value price on market, but to have a guess. I accepted and waiting the refund, it was on Friday if I don't get it wrong, I will wait a while and then if no sign shows on bank account, I will have to go to court.

Thanks. So what is the total amount that they are refunding you?

I got my refund today, after keep on telling them if I don't see money back, we go to court immediately. Magically the balance updated. Shame for the parcel, since I need it, preowned items and i can't buy another one new at this price.

• Like 1

yes it's difficulties when one loses things which have some kind of special value

Still I'm pleased that you got your refund even though it wasn't exactly what you wanted

Well done

I want to thank you for this space, since I found very useful informations, to set up a professionally way to speak with them and to clear by beginning my determination to bring the to court if not refunded at least. I still hope my parcel shows soon or later and it is sitting at depot because it is big, and they refuse to deliver it (staff is payed per box and use cars, I didn't know prior to use them).

• Thanks 1