UKPCM/gladstones ANPR PCN PAPLOC - GATEWAY II HOLGATE PARK YORK

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 704 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I hope you are all well.

My partner and I have a couple of outstanding Notice for Payment from Parking Companies and we just moved house a month ago and are in the process of updating addresses via DVLA.

Are we obligated to let them know we have moved house or do Parking companies have to check for address changes themselves?

I just don't want a situation where they file a claim and win by default because details were sent to my previous address

Thanks in advance

you must else you run the risk of backdoor CCJ's.

same with any debts on your credit file. write to the owners now and simply update them .

dont forget do driving licence and car V5C separately to the DVLA.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX

DL already done. Just waiting on the V5C .

I'll get this done ASAP.

Can i ask how long they  have before they have to file a claim.. is it 3years?

Thanks

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

no 6

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

just type..no need to keep hitting quote

statute of limitations is 6yrs 

dx

and they

I'm thinking of sending a request to DVLA to find out who has accessed my DVLA file in the last few years and do an SAR to these PPCs as I don't even have 1 of the PCNs but i know it exists.

Is this a good idea? This way I can then send them all an updated address, much to my dismay.

Thanks

the PPC's won't ever reconnect with the DVLA to check any address changes.

what SHOULD happen is IF they abide by the pre action protocol and get a solicitor to send a letter of claim, the sols should then check, say via your credit file, you correct address, else they fail to meet the PAP requirements to take all reasonable steps regarding your correct address.

i believe there are also amendments currently in the new CoP gov't rules, that also tighten up on this, in the wake of SO many purposeful backdoor CCJ's and abuse or total ignorance of PAP by the PPC's in recent years. 

i would expect we will begin to see bulk successful CCJ set asides solely upon the reason of the PPC's ignoring CoP/PAP coming soon.

and they

I know PPC is only allowed to access my DVLA file once, and within the first 6 months of the occurrence.

I'm only wanting to access my DVLA file so I can see which PPC requested my details and update my address with them.

I'm not relying on the PPC or solicitor doing things by the book and putting in the effort to find my new address. I just dont want any surprises or headaches of having to have a CCJ set aside when I can do the leg work now

Yes update any other creditors as well, that way if they do send to old address and get a default, it will be woeful for them. A letter keepinga copy by Royal mil with free proof of posting will suffice, if First Class is regarded as received 2 working days later.  Pointless sending signed for they might refuse to accept it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

I received a Letter before claim from Gladstone Solicitors, which I am going to challenge.

Can someone please advise on what my next steps should be please? 

I will be serving the Parking company with an SAR requesting any data they hold for me and I will also notify Gladstone of this.

Gladstone letter says to create a login on their website to dispute the debt via a reply form.

Should I do this or just send them an email/letter by post?

Thanks

Could you give us the history of the invoice, so filling in the sticky below  would help the Team, it might well be time to send a snotty letter definitely don't use any of their paperwork and could you post the LOC up as a pdf please

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

10 hours ago, Billynomate said:

Hi All

I received a Letter before claim from Gladstone Solicitors, which I am going to challenge.

Can someone please advise on what my next steps should be please? - snotty letter time.

I will be serving the Parking company with an SAR requesting any data they hold for me and I will also notify Gladstone of this. - no to both.

Gladstone letter says to create a login on their website to dispute the debt via a reply form. - nope.

Should I do this or just send them an email/letter by post? - snotty letter by royal mail.. never use or give an email out.

get that sticky done too

and they

Hi DX

Thanks for your assistance with this.

I have attached the document and answered the questions, but unfortunately, it has been almost 3 years and I dont have much data.

Please advise on what steps I should take next as you advise against an SAR?

Thanks

1 Date of the infringement 26/06/2019

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] Im not aure as its been almost 3 years

[scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide]

please do not put JPG Picture files into your post

3 Date received I no longer have previous correspondence

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Not sure

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes, I recall logging on to the website when ticket was received to view the image

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up  N/A

7 Who is the parking company? UK CAR PARK MAMAGEMENT LIMITED

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] GATEWAY II HOLGATE PARK YORK

GLADSTONE-PCN-merged-compressed.pdf

If they do decide to actually take you to Court one of the things they will have to provide copies of your original PCN so we can see if it was compliant with the Protection of Freedom Act 2012. If it is not, they can only pursue you as the driver as they cannot transfer the alleged debt to the keeper.

This gives them a mountain to climb as the Court does not presume that the keeper of the car is also the driver so they have to prove you were driving. So it is great that you didn't appeal since that often reveals that the keeper is the driver  because the keeper explains what happened by saying "I parked there " or another statement beginning "I" rather than the driver did something...

In addition their Court Claim will become part of their downfall. first Gladstones have added £30 to the solicitors fee plus

despite Gladstones who are also the IPC don't appear to notice that the Law has changed. The maximum that can be charged is the amount on the signage not their mickey mouse rip off amounts. 

• dx100uk changed the title to UKPCM/gladstones ANPR PCN PAPLOC - GATEWAY II HOLGATE PARK YORK

use our enhanced google searchbox

snotty letter gladstones

pop up your idea here 1st.

leave it till near the 30days before you post it mind!

dx

and they

Good idea to find out from the DVLA which of these companies have requested your details  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/409717-letteremail-to-contact-the-dvla-to-see-who-has-been-requesting-andor-accessing-your-data-registered-owner/  and then write to the companies with your new address.  Remember to get free Certificates of Posting from the post office.      

Moving on to this letter from Gladstones.  Before you send your snotty letter - do you have any idea at all of what the fleecers reckon you did wrong?

Hi FTMDave

I was on a customer site in york that I'd been to a few times. I think the parking permit wasnt displayed properly or it had fallen. Can't exactly remember as its been so long. I do remember bringing it to attention of the person in charge at the office and she said there was nothing they could do to just ignore it and that they'd complained to the building owner but nothing gets done, so here we are.

OK, well by happy coincidence I had a read through most of the government's new code of practise yesterday - look at point 6.2 as to how the fleecers are supposed to look for fluttering tickets/permits  https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/private-parking-code-of-practice/private-parking-code-of-practice

I would suggest you send something like -

Dear Will & John,

cheers for your Letter before Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in mirth at the idea you actually thought I'd take such tripe seriously and cough up.

Or were you just having a joke given it was sent on 1 April?

Some homework for you and your clients - go and look up point 6.2 in the government's private parking code of practise.

You also need a course in basic mathematics.  You managed to get your sums wrong twice!  Not only has your greedy client tried to invent £70 Unicorn Food Tax but solicitors' costs have somehow mushroomed from £50 to £80.  Bad, bad own goal.  Judges don't like these made-up sums, do they?

You can either drop this foolishness now or your clients can get a good hammering in court where I will enjoy obtaining an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g) and spending it all on a foreign holiday now we can all travel again, while all the time laughing at your client's expense.

I look forward to your deafening silence.

COPIED TO UK CAR PARK MANAGEMENT LTD

Hopefully that will be cryptic enough not to let on to them your case in advance but also show them you'd be big trouble if they did do court so best to leave you in peace.

However, as dx says, you have quite a while to respond so let's see what the other regulars think.

Edited by FTMDave
Sorted layout
  • Like 2

As previously commented, such letters can help persuade a claimant that pursuing a claim will be more trouble than it is worth. 

But if they do take it further, and the case goes to court, you really are not going to want the judge to read it. The claimant will want to make sure that he does. 

Your choice: you are gambling that this claimant does not take the case further. Experience here suggests that may be the case. 

It might give the judge a laugh and they look over the Claimants submission with a more jaundiced eye as to the merit of the claim.

• 2 weeks later...