Drone Stolen - Evri (EVRi EVRi) Ignored my claim.. next step small court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is been a week since I reported to Evri that they delivered an empty box to my ebay seller. Yesterday I sent an ultimatum email to them  that if I don't get a response today I will proceed with further action.

Can anyone advise me what else I should do before proceeding to take evri to small court?

Cheers 

Have you read the stories on the EVRi EVRi Hermes sub- forum?

If you have then the route should be quite clear.

Please can you put up the text of the email that you sent to them yesterday.

Also, as this is a new thread, please will you lay out the story briefly so that people who visit this topic in the future will have an idea of what it is all about. It will help them as well.

This forum is a community of people who help each other to help themselves

Hi @BankFodder thanks for you reply. I tried to follow some of the stories. it seems it would be a very long process (few months at least).

But I can't not find or undersand the steps I need to follow. I'm not sure If I need to send a "letter of claim"  at this point. 

I feel a "sticky post" with some guidance on a basics of a shipping claim with the steps ( with a downalodable sample  "letter of claim" maybe?)  may help everyone here instead of trying to read multiple posts.

Don't you think? (Maybe is already there but this website forum software is a bit diferent and confusing to others so I trying my best to find the information) 

For Example:

1) Parel Lost

2) submit claim form on EVRi Hermes website

3) after 2 weeks send a "letter of claim

4) Mediation 

5) Court 

Etc'...

it seem the process woud be similar to everyone?

Cheers

sticky posts remove peoples understanding of WHY each stage is very necessary.

without understanding why, any court claim latterly raised could/might fall flat on its face for the claimant.

its not just a case of following a temple/sticky post. far far from it.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok, but I started this thread asking a very specific question about what should I do at this point? but I haven't received a respond yet. I was told to search the forum for an answer but I can't not find one yet.

For me, understanding the whole process can give me an idea of what journey I am about to embark on. 

Edited by andycorleone

Send them a letter of claim.

Prepare draft and post it here we will have a look.

Hi, Please takea look of my Letter of Claim:

On 14/03/2022 I used your next day delivery service to send a parcel under the above reference number. I dropped off the parcel at the parcelshop, this was collected and then the next day (15/03/2022)the parcel was delivered empty. I specifically paid additionally for signature on delivery service but your delivery driver decided not only to drop the parcel in the front door without waiting for a signature but to delivery a very light clearly empty box without any content inside. 
I have followed your claim procedure and filled a claim form in your website but You have ignored my claim and I haven’t received any response from you or sign of intention from you to compensate me.

I am preparing to take you to court. If you force this to a court hearing – you can be certain that I shall be producing evidence from many different sources to show that you systematically lose parcels and decline liability on spurious grounds which are unfair and unenforceable. 
As explained in the online form I filled in your website were I provided the Ebay item number and described The contents of my parcel which  were valued at £550.00 plus the delivery fee of £7.80. 
If I do not have reimbursement in full within 14 days then I shall issue a claim in the County Court to recover this money from you plus interest and without any further notice. 
Yours faithfully  

• Like 1

That seemed to be clear from your draft because you referred to the tracking number in the text

Send it to both of those email addresses – but have a look at their website – they must been addressed somewhere at the bottom if you look hard enough

None of those email are active anymore. But I found a postal address:

Capitol House
1 Capitol Close
Morley
Leeds
West Yorkshire
LS27 0WH

Do I need to send it with tracking to show it was delivered I guess? 

Yes send it there yes and send it tracked

They answered today the following:

"I can see that our claims team provided you the acknowledgement below on the 18th March

Regarding parcel number: ?#?#?#?#?#?#?#

Thank you for submitting your completed claim form, reference: ?#?#?#?#?#?#?#. This has been received by our Claims Department and will be assessed within 28 working days.

We will contact you again once the review has been completed.

Many thanks,

Evri Claims Department

And then our CEO team have also advised the same today." 

Reply to them that you have given them 14 days and after that you will begin a legal action.

Tell them that you are prepared to enter into any further correspondence other than notification that your reimbursement is on its way.

Hi, Evri now asks me for the buyer to fill out a Denial or Receipt form, I sent the buyer this form but he refused to sign it (he is handling the whole situation quite poorly and gave me negative feedback claiming that I tried to scam him, he apparently opened a police report but he also refuses to send me the case number) but before this I sent  Evri The Ebay claim showing that buyer opened a claim with (ebay claim number) and a charged back in his credit card,  this is the message  evri  sent:  

"

Thank you for submitting your claim.

As your parcel has received a final delivery scan, in order to fully assess your claim, we require a signed Denial or Receipt form to be provided. I have attached the form to this email for your convenience. 

Please ask your recipient to sign this form, acknowledging they did not receive the item(s) and return it to you. This can either be as a scanned file or a clear photograph of the signed document. Please note: we can only accept a physical or electronic signatures (not typed).

Without this we can not proceed with the claim.

So that I can resolve your outstanding claim, please could you send the completed letter to me within 
14 days so I can provide a resolution as quickly as possible. If I don't hear from you within this time, we will be unable to consider your claim.

Thank you for your support on this matter and we look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Mike
Evri Send Claims Department"

Firstly I suggest that you send a message to the purchaser. Tell them that they are quite wrong and that if they understood the reputation of EVRi, they would start to appreciate that it is far more likely that the drone was stolen by somebody working for EVRi.

Go on to tell them that the matter is being discussed on this forum – give them the link to this thread – and tell them that they can come along and make their own comments if they want.
Tell them that it would be far more interesting if they were prepared to cooperate against your common enemy which is EVRi.

Tell them also that you are about to start a legal action against EVRi and that if they won't help you with a denial of receipt form then you will be obliged to include their name and address in the proceedings that you are bringing against EVRi.

Tell the purchaser that you would much rather not do this and you don't see any reason for conflict between the two of you because the only people here who are escaping liability because of this is EVRi.

I suggest that you send this off by email direct – if you have their email address because you will have difficulty including any kind of link in an eBay message.

If you don't have their email address then you certainly must have their postal address and I suggest that you send a message off to them first class straightaway.

Also in an eBay message, you can certainly deliver the message to them but instead of a link you could simply refer to this forum by name and tell them to look in the parcel deliveries section and they will find the discussion there.

Let us know when you have done this.

I shall make separate suggestions later on about communication with EVRi in response to their note.

In respect of EVRi note to you, I suggest that you access the messages that you have had on eBay and download them all. Also download the evidence that the money has been repaid to the purchaser.

Then you can write to EVRi.

Dear Mike,

It seems I'm unable to get a denial of delivery form signed. One of the side-effects of the criminality that your customer suffer at the hands of your employees is that it also destroys relationships between a sender and the recipient.
This is a good example of where this has happened.

I am sending you evidence of the discussion between us which I have downloaded from eBay and also evidence that I have repaid the recipient because one of your employees managed to steal the drone before it was delivered.

I'm still trying to get a denial form signed – but in any event, I sent your letter of claim. I've given you 14 days. I have absolutely no plans to go back on my promise to sue you if you do not reimburse me and the clock is still running.

Tick tock tick tock…

Signed

Hi, Sellers ignored my request to sign the denial form. 

Next Monday 11th of April  would be 14 Days since I sent the "Letter of Claim" to EVRI. there is not signs from the them for refund me anything, I Would like to know what will be my next steps to keep this moving? 

Cheers

Edited by andycorleone

Please stand by for a response later on

3 hours ago, andycorleone said:

Hi, Sellers ignored my request to sign the denial form. 

Next Monday 11th of April  would be 14 Days since I sent the "Letter of Claim" to EVRI. there is not signs from the them for refund me anything, I Would like to know what will be my next steps to keep this moving? 

Cheers

type in EVRi in our search of the top red banner and read up!!

100's of cases here exactly like yours..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...