sng V First Direct

sng

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody.

Received a t/p call from First Direct this morning, stating they had received my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).

However she went on to say they will be no problem in supplying the statements quickly but the Manual Intervention stats would take longer, possibly to mid-January. She also stated that in her experience I wouldn't need those figures anyway. She did offer to supply them if i later required them.

What is the criteria for M.I ? e.g typing of letters, t/p calls where they have charged me etc?

Will i need them only if i have been charged?

Is this perhaps a stalling tactic, apologies if these queries have been raised before

Any advice appreciated :confused:

Hey.

Well they have 40 calendar days from when they get your request so whether it takes till mid March they only have 40days to give you it so they best do it abit quicker otherwise you can report them for breaking the law! The M.I is to show what they have done on your account e.g if someone went into your account each day for 4 hours a day it might justify more of a charge, most places don't have hardly any M.I so its not all that important but i would get it anyway. It won't slow your claiming down unless they send it all in a bulk envelope in which case i'd ask for the statements first.

• Haha 1

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

Bizarrely enough, this exact same thing happened to me today sng!

I got the impression he was trying to get me to forget about the MI stuff, perhaps because it's loads of extra hassle for them? Anyway, I said that it was better they just gave me all the info and I'd make my mind up later.

He sounded a bit miffed....:D

I sent my SAR off the same day of your original post, so it looks likely that we may have a similar timeline with FD, keep us posted!

FD Telephone Monkey: "But we're only trying to help you Mr. Volcano"

LMFAO!!!!!

Hi volcano, thanks for that, very interesting that they have called us both, perhaps the wheels at FD are slowing grinding to a halt, hopefully !

Perhaps I should have requested the MI info to be sent at the same time, no matter if it delays the statements?

I am a bit worried that it may be a stalling tactic and if i request after i have received the statements do they get another 40 days to respond from that date or do we still work from the original SAR date?

Any ideas

Hi,

Just received the post and there is a acknowledgment letter from FD stating they will provide the statements etc and they have returned my cheque as they will provide them free of charge, every little helps !!

I'm assuming that if you said "don't worry about the MI" they'll count that as you having not requesting them for your original SAR. I was told that I have quite a lot of MI (lots of foreign cheques etc) so I assume this is a real pain for them.

If you are concerned about it then I'd phone them and tell them your original letter stands and you'll need your MI. I don't know whether mine will be relevant or not, but it's a shame we can't trust FD to tell the truth.

FD Telephone Monkey: "But we're only trying to help you Mr. Volcano"

LMFAO!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone received my statements just before new year, didn't appreciate how many there would be, over 500 !!

have finally got through them all and about to start entering the data onto the spreadsheet.

Bit confused about working out the interest, contractual? as not to sure how to work out charging periods etc

Any advice appreciated.

sng

• 1 month later...

Hi,

sorry for the delay in posting. have now finally entered all info into the spreadsheet and will be claiming interest.

However have just been reading the article on Martin's money making site and he had provided his own interest calculator. i have quickly added in a couple of amounts and it shows lots more interest than is calculated on the spreadsheets linked to this forum.

Any ideas, help appreciated

sng

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

Started a claim against First Direct a couple of months ago and received copies of statements going back 6 years. However after reading a few threads I went in the loft to find statements going back to 1998 and it has prompted me to consider claiming back beyond 6 years.

I have banked with FD since 1992.

Any advice on the likelihood of FD providing statements back to 1992 or should i just use what i have found in my loft. ?

Thanks

All the requests I have seen here for statements going over the 6 year time limit get a reply of "we are only obliged to keep records for 6 years" and you cant prove them wrong.

Funny though, if you do have your statements they are quick enough to point out any errors :cool:.

pete

All the requests I have seen here for statements going over the 6 year time limit get a reply of "we are only obliged to keep records for 6 years" and you cant prove them wrong.

that may be the extent of their 'obligation', but don't they actually keep records for longer? (e.g. my original contract, signed in 1990?) and in that case are they not obliged to supply them on request?

I've recently noticed my online monthly statements vanishing (month-by-month) beyond the 6 year mark.

247 Moneybox - balance written off, default removed

Cash Genie - bogus default removed

Peachy - interest refunded, default removed

1 Month Loan - interest refunded, data removed

Peachy - balance written off, default removed

In theory yes they should send you everything they have but if they say they have destroyed them in accordance with their legal requirement how do you prove they havent.... unless you know which chip shop they are leaving their old archives outside at the moment.

pete

in that case, I wonder (if they had to) how they would prove or disprove their original T&C's...

247 Moneybox - balance written off, default removed

Cash Genie - bogus default removed

Peachy - interest refunded, default removed

1 Month Loan - interest refunded, data removed

Peachy - balance written off, default removed