Misuse of Freedom Pass 10-15 times a month, over many months **SETTLED OOC**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 659 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have similar situation here,

received a letter today to fill my details, asking me to deny or accept offence...

I just wondering how deep they would dig?

two months as the history I can access myself, or even  back to the time when the card was issued...

That makes the thing much different.

Please scan up the tfl letter to PDF

read upload

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for creating new post.

I will post details here.

Last Friday I was caught by a staff by using my mum's 60+ oyster card at a station where I go there very few. That time was the last time I used that card, because it was nearly expired.

I must say how coincidence it is! 

When i was talked by the staff, I said to him that I always carry the 60+ free card with my own bank card together, and I always travel with my mum together, and  tap in and out for my mum first and then using my own card for myself, so that is why some times I used my mum's card by mistake.  I was just hope the staff could let me go, but of course he did not.

He just recorded my saying and my name and address and then sent me home.

I thought it wound just be some fine, but after I check online about this things, I found out ,it is not as easy as I thought as all. I don't know this fare evasion could result to this big problem, my intention is just to save some money for my family as I am a house carer.

I truly regret and shameful indeed, and , i would more than happy to pay what i should pay + admin fee for sure, and won't never do it again, and the free card is expired anyway.

I am a house husband , caring my child every day for 5 years since I came to London, no working commuting, unemployed, only sometimes took my child to clubs and activities, then take underground.

I can not recall exactly how often I used it  maybe 10 to 15 short round trips

Yesterday I received a letter from TFL to ask me if I deny or accepts the offences, I think we are not digging it yet.

I hope I could settle the OOC at this early stage if possible.

I consult with a solicitor but he told me there is very very little chance I can get the settlement, he is kind of give up for my case.

my thought is I can be completely honest to tell TFL at this early stage, to show them my regret, 

TBH, a criminal record is not very big deal for me, as a foreigner and unemployed, i do not need to work, and as UK visa is due to expired within a year, our family are planning to left the UK in this summer, so I even could not wait until the court hearing?

So I think that would be good for me and TFL that we could settle a OOC with a big fine.

But my wife has a different opinion with me, she suggests me not to say too many things they don't know yet, just offer them we hope to pay as many as possible , of course within reasonable range to reach the OOC. She also highly wanting a solicitor for my case, but since the solicitor is also very unconfident, I 'd rather contribute the solicitor fee to TFL to make it more worthy.

Thank you for view my story, and I  really do not know how to reply this first response, and hope TFL could consider not go to court at the very beginning.

the letter is attached, just ask my details, i think they even did not look my case yet, cause there are too many..

mmexport1648121248131-converted.pdf

please remove case number from page 2 PDF.

you have the generic bland we want to see what you say letter saying nothing specific.

you write your begging letter in such a way that neither admits nor denies multiple uses.

there are examples here already concerning that.

what you need to understand is that if there is no CLEAR pattern of misuse, it is very difficult for them, other than by inference or your admittance, to prove it was you.  you see they themselves mention nothing specific or ONE sample charge.

if they do move to single justice procedure claim, additional uses are normally simply referred to journey taken into consideration (TIC) sheet, which lists them, and asks you to sign EACH ONE. you need to be smart here and CAREFULLY read all the like threads in the forum you found and posted your question in.,

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

12 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

please remove case number from page 2 PDF.

you have the generic bland we want to see what you say letter saying nothing specific.

you write your begging letter in such a way that neither admits nor denies multiple uses.

there are examples here already concerning that.

what you need to understand is that if there is no CLEAR pattern of misuse, it is very difficult for them, other than by inference or your admittance, to prove it was you.  you see they themselves mention nothing specific or ONE sample charge.

if they do move to single justice procedure claim, additional uses are normally simply referred to journey taken into consideration (TIC) sheet, which lists them, and asks you to sign EACH ONE. you need to be smart here and CAREFULLY read all the like threads in the forum you found and posted your question in.,

Thank you! dx

I will try to draft a letter and hope this won't lead to prosecution. 

But I found it is really rare at this stage.

Anyway I will try and see what's going on.

no we've had results in the last few months even for multiple use that resulted in no criminal record but a sum to be paid obviously.

do the PDF please and i''ll swap them over

put your letter up here 1st for checking?

dx

and they

Just a letter at this stage.

evidence poss later if you do get a SJP letter.

but yes mention you have used valid link card since.

Dx

and they

Here is my letter, i am really not very good at English sorry..

Appreciated for your advices, really helped me a lot

To Whom it may concern

I was stopped by the TFL staff at an underground station by misusing my mum's 60+ oyster card on 18th March 2022 .
I was always carrying her 60+ oyster card together with my own bank card because she knew no English and she had to travel with me.
So I carried two cards together with myself for convenience .I was using several bank cards for travelling. Sometimes I tap this card, sometimes that card, I did not pay much notice to which card I was using.
After my details were recorded and sent home, I researched and found out how serious this misuse of 60+ oyster is.
People who dodge paying fares are costing the TFL more than £100m a year, this is so terrible.
I felt extremely sorry and regret for this loss, especially for the misuse of the freedom pass, which is designed for old and vulnerable people.
I like this country a lot and respect the law and rules of the society, and I really hope I could do something to correct my mistake!
My situation is our family will relocate to another country after a couple of months and would not come back in near future, 
I am more than happy to make any number of payment TFL required and plus admin fee for my mistake, and I am begging you not to prosecute me in court.
As an unemployed man, I would like to do volunteer work if you need.
Please do consider a settlement , to save time and court costs, especially since I will not be able to receive a letter or post in my address after a couple of months.

I am really appreciated and respect for your time and consideration, no matter what the result is.

Thanks a lot!

I found here talked a lot about "pattern of misuse", I am wonder are my trips kind of "pattern of misuse"?

For example, I have three tube stations nearby, A, B, and C.

most of Wed night, I take tube from A to X for 2 hours and back from X to A.

Most of Sat morning, I take tube from B to Y for 2 hours and back, From Y to B or to Z

Other trips are no patterns at all, the the station I was caught is a quite unusual destination.

Is this kind of pattern to raise suspicions?but my trip are always started from A,B or C, and ending by A,B or C.

Thanks for advice, I am a bit curious.

11 hours ago, stones1229 said:

My situation is our family will relocate to another country after a couple of months and would not come back in near future, 

are you indicating you are moving out of the country soon?

or is that just bad english?

dx

and they

and never returning?

and they

I am not saying never, maybe visiting here for tour in the future? or maybe my son will go to college here like 10 more years later?  it could be quite a long time.

I am not quite worried about criminal records tbh, but still , I don't want to leave the bad record in my life, it may prevent me to visit UK or USA I heard?

And I do like to pay for my misuse to TFL and I truly regret and want to do good things.

Thank you HB!

I am just wondering if my traveling history is kind of pattern misuses. Two repeating but separate routing trips every week.

I myself can't figure out anything unless they check CCTV.

Yes CCTV is checked.  So each time the card is used, they may have CCTV photo of person who used the card.

edit.  Do not ask for  a subject access request, as you do not want to encourage them to find more evidence against you.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Not something we typically do nor do you need to do . Won't make any odds.

Let things run for now I'm out all day herding sheep, will tidy letter later.

Dx

and they

I viewed lots of threads here, but have never seen any one used this "leaving reason"  for forgiveness. But I think it worth trying and it is true.

If I left the UK and didn't wait until receive the letter from TFL, will they just send the court notice regardless and finally find me guilty.

Then I can't enter UK again with this bad record.

it might cause a few raised eyebrows at customs thats about it.

On 25/03/2022 at 11:20, stones1229 said:

I can not recall exactly how often I used it  maybe 10 to 15 short round trips

and spread over 4yrs.

21 hours ago, stones1229 said:

it may prevent me to visit UK or USA I heard?

nope...spent after 1 yrs 1 believe

i wouldn't seriously worry at all.

there is noway they'll bother with CCTV 

pers i'd reply to that letter (by email) to TfL.

you've just about got it right above.

treat it as one event .

put at the end that your visa expires xxxx date.

On 26/03/2022 at 13:43, stones1229 said:

I like this country a lot and respect the law and rules of the society, ** and I really hope I could do something to correct my mistake!

** but i'm sorry i did not fully understand your rules that i was not allowed to use the card.

keep it vague.

and they

Thank you so much DX for your advices.

I think I made a unclear expression about my mum's card's usage.

it is actually "10 to 15 short round trips" each month....

Anyway, hope this won't make any difference.

I will send the letter first to see what is going on..

• 1 month later...

Hi All

After one and half months waiting, i received an Email, and which is kind of surprising.

and I am kind of nervous cause  I have the phone number of this Investigator, Am I need to call him?

I have his landline, and even cell phone number....I am afraid to talk to him and it makes me panic...

here is the letter:

tfl reply-converted.pdf

So 10-15 short trips a month you say and they point to seeing a pattern of use too.

Short trips regardless, means nothing, still each one a fraudulent use. Multiple fraudulent uses of the same card in a clear pattern.

You are going to have hard job getting them on your side and agreeing to issue a written warning with a £sum to refund the lost fares and their investigation time.

Dx

and they