• Tweets

• Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

3 mts Freedom Pass Misuse - **WON OOC and Formal Warning Letter **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Recently stumbled upon this forum and read a few threads about similar events to mine but just wondering would you be able to shed some light on this matter.

I have recently received in the post a letter requesting for my events regarding the use of my mother's freedom pass and whether I deny or accept committing an offence (although no specific offence was mentioned on the letter).

The pass was detained at Piccadilly Circus where the officer took my details and informed me that I would be receiving a letter in the next coming days. I was very respectful of the interaction with the officer and then I kindly asked the officer to let me out so I can tap in with my contactless so I can continue my journey. Was very nervous and remorseful during this period.

Background

is that I have used the freedom pass on quite a few occasions (not sure how many) over the course of 3 months to travel to and back from work and some leisure trips around London. Careless and stupid and I regret doing this but it has happened. Definitely a stern wake up call. Since then I've used my contactless card for travel + due to the weather, cycle around.

Members mentioned that buying a seasoned ticket might be helpful to show your commitment to following the law however with me cycling I don't regularly use a seasoned ticket but I have no issue in buying one or would using my contactless card work just as well? I of course will not be doing this no longer and swore to my self to just be respectful of our country's transportation as it's actually very good and helpful. 

And now I am wondering what the best course of response is.

I have 10 days for a response.

I have contacted a few solicitors already and all have given me general advice without a paid consultation. I would love this to be settled outside of court but from what I am reading, TFL usually, if not ever, settles it this way. I in no way want a criminal record and will pay suitable fees which will reimburse the parties that are involved as I know it is all my doing causing this.

I've read that multiple letters may be the best approach and communicate with TFL as much as possible. Should I start this immediately after submitting a letter via email? Know its going to be a long shot because of how TFL deals with cases these days.

I have attached a draft copy of what I would be sending.  I am not sure whether I should mention that the position I hold at work handles with cash regularly and relies on good character and that if this was taken to court and convicted, I will lose my job and therefore my family will suffer. Getting huge anxiety and stress just thinking about it as I've been working at my role for a good 7 years and its the last thing I want.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if you do need any additional information I would be happy to supply if it helps. This feel awful and right now had a few sleepless nights as this really is not me but I know I need to deal with the consequences as best as I can.

To Whom It May Concern,

I want to start off by apologising for my actions in this case.

I pride myself on my integrity and honesty and I feel shameful for my moment of very poor judgement.

As the only earner of my household, looking after my mother who has health conditions making her unable to work and is on universal credit, she is reliant on me for bills, food and household support. if this matter were to escalate further into court, it would compromise my work as I need to keep a clean record and therefore be devastating to my family as I am the sole provider for income.

I am extremely sorry for what the officer explained to me was not a valid proof of travel as I was using my mother’s Freedom Card.

I was very compliant and answers all the officer’s questions.

I wish to stretch my apologies to members of staff concerned and to TFL, I am just so sorry for the inconvenience caused to all involved.

I have never been in trouble with the law in the past and I am very sorry for the situation which was caused by my actions.

I am happy to make immediate payment of the all-reasonable costs + any admin cost which may have occurred that my actions have caused and avoid a criminal record thereby allowing me to continue to my work and provide for my family.

I sincerely hope that you will accept my offer.

I have now read the terms and conditions and now fully understand the conditions of the Freedom Pass.

There will never be another incident involving myself with TFL.

I would appreciate your consideration and I sincerely hope that you can show some compassion in this matter.

Yours Faithfully, .

• BlueBulb changed the title to Freedom Pass Misuse - Letter of Events TFL

The letter is fine. Doesn't appear to try to justify yourself in any way and explains the circumstances.

The only problem is that by your own admission here, you have used the freedom pass on quite a few occasions and although you have an refer to that in your letter, they will check their records.
It might be a better idea to it me in your letter that you have used it on quite a few occasions.

Repeated use of somebody else's freedom pass is going to be taken far more seriously by TfL but you are certainly using the correct approach. I don't think there's anything more you can do other than to wait and see what the reaction is.

I'm not sure that purchasing a season ticket makes any particular difference – but maybe somebody else will say different

Pers I would not be telling them anything they don't already know. 

Back later.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

letter put up as text as it was a docx that revealed your pers details in file/info.

can you scan up the TfL  letter to PDf please

read upload.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Appreciate the comments so far and I will look into it shortly to amend my letter to TFL.

I just came back to check the post and see that the file has been removed, guessing you removed it for me?

1 hour ago, dx100uk said:

letter put up as text as it was a docx that revealed your pers details in file/info.

can you scan up the TfL  letter to PDf please

read upload.

dx

and they

my thought is, if I say some thing they did not know or maybe they won't know if i don't mention, that shows a completely honesty and regret, that would help to settle a OOC, especially at the very early stage, to save their time and money.

no you write your begging letter in such a way that neither admits nor denies multiple uses.

there are examples here already concerning that.

what you need to understand is that if there is no CLEAR pattern of misuse, it is very difficult for them, other than by inference or your admittance, to prove it was you. thats why if you scan up the letter please, you see they themselves mention nothing specific or ONE sample charge.

if they do move to single justice procedure claim, additional uses are normally simply referred to journey taken into consideration (TIC) sheet, which lists them, and asks you to sign EACH ONE. you need to be smart here and CAREFULLY read all the like threads in the forum you found and posted your question in.,

and they

Thank you for your comments regarding my situation.

I have drafted up a further letter taking into consideration what was mention and will upload shortly as PDF following members guidelines mentioned above.

Right now it still anxiety, stress and, honestly, a lot of regret and stupidness which is the biggest impact of this. Definitely has changed the way I view situations like these for the better.

The letter took less than a week to arrive after the officer's report. The officer did mention that a report will be arriving within 5 days.

Hi there guys. Apologise this took longer to draft up than expected. I have been juggling a lot outside but I have finally managed to type up an amended draft. I was not able to make a PDF form as I am concerned that it might still lead some personal information.

To Whom It May Concern,

Thank you for your letter on

I want to start off by sincerely apologising for my actions in this case and am extremely regretful of this situation.

As the only earner of my household, looking after my mother who has health conditions making her unable to work and is on universal credit, she is reliant on me for bills, food and household support. If this matter were to escalate further into court, it would compromise my employment as it is requiring a high level of integrity and a conviction for the criminal offence is likely to affect that future. This will be devastating to my family as I am the sole provider for income.

I am extremely sorry for using my mother’s Freedom Pass. I was very compliant and answered all the officer’s questions. I then asked if the officer can let me out so I could tap in with my contactless payment card to make payment for my journey. I have since used my contactless payment card for any subsequent journeys on Transport for London.

I wish to stretch my apologies to members of staff concerned and to TFL - I am just so sorry for the inconvenience caused to all involved. I have never been in trouble with the law in the past and will ensure that I won’t be in the future by producing a valid ticket. I am very sorry for this situation which was caused by my actions.

I am happy to make immediate payment of all-reasonable costs, outstanding fares & any admin costs, which, due to my actions, have caused, and avoid a criminal record thereby allowing me to continue to my work and provide for my family.

I understand that fare evasion is a serious matter, and hope you will consider avoiding the mutual inconvenience and hassle of court to settle this matter privately.

Yours Faithfully,

I have not disclosed this in the letter above but I have been suffering from anxiety, stress, weight loss insomnia unfortunately. I have been in contact with my GP and they have perscribed me some medication to ease these health conditions. Should this information be included in the letter to TFL?

Do let me know if there is anything I may be able to amend in the letter. Appreciate all your time.

save that for later.

Programmable Search Engine (google.com)

clickme^^

and they

• 5 weeks later...

Would just like to update you on what has been happening over the space of 1 month since the last activity here. I believe my course of events happened quite quickly as compared to other people facing similar cases. Just hope this helps out anyone in a similar scenario to me.

1) After my submission of "Case of Events" (in an earlier post), I received an email from the prosecutor informing they have received my letter and my case will be reviewed further over the next few days. After there will be writing after review was completed.

2) Shortly after this email ((1 -2 weeks) I received in post TFL's review on my situation and their decision. Although there was sufficient evidence available to continue their prosecution, they considered my mitigating circumstances and have decided that a Formal Warning will be suitable for the situation. It then led on by asking me to pay a disclosed amount within 28 days otherwise legal action will continue. There are a list of points listed printed on the back of the letter which states the conditions of withdrawal.

The payment process was simple and very quick over the phone. It was an automated service between the TFL staff and my phone. Only information exchanged was case number and they were able to pull up all the information needed on their side. After payment your receipt will be sent over to your phone and to your email provided in your case number (if applicable). I then scanned in a copy of the letter with my signature on the footer agreeing to all conditions of withdrawal. The scanned letter + receipt of payment was then sent over to the same email address provided in my "Case of Events" letter as confirmation of my payment and agreement to the conditions. I am not sure if there is anything to follow after this point, whether it will be a confirmation of received payment + conditions of withdrawal letter but will update this post if anything does.

And that's all in my case.

I just want to thank everyone on this forum for their insight and advice - not only for myself but for all the other people facing their cases. 

My advice to everyone out there is please do respect all your transportation guidelines. I have learnt and fully understand that my actions were extremely bad and still am facing some of the consequences from it. Lesson learnt for the long run. I want to say that I was very fortunate in my case.

TLDR: My case ended in a Formal Warning being issued upon full payment of a disclosed amount.

If you guys do have any questions regarding my case I'll be happy to answer anything which is deemed reasonable.

brilliant result well done..

so did they get you for multiple uses or dropped that and you just had 1 example misuse to pay?

dx

and they

Thank you DX for your help and advice through this thread.

It is definitely a very appreciated and fortunate result on my case. Extremely thankful. Definitely a lesson never to be repeated.

I believe they asked me to pay for multiple uses as the disclosed amount was quite high (although nothing was stated in detail on the letter).

So in a way they've just re hashed the ooc system and renamed it.

Unless your circs were very exceptional..  well-done again 

Dx

and they

I believe so. 

There was no mentioned of Out of Court settlement. Just "Formal Warning" and "Conditions of Withdrawal" was used in the letter. 

I would like to think that honesty and true understanding over your actions is what allowed me to get this decision. Everything that was written in my "Case of Events" above was sent to TFL (albeit with some tweaks as I am pretty sure some may have just copy+pasted my letter as there were a few cases of misuse during my thread). All I can say is it is a difficult situation but handle with ownership and honesty.

I can not say what lead to their decision but all I know is that I am extremely thankful (and fortunate) that it has been resolved in this manner. 

I will still be here in case there are any questions which I can help out with.

On 28/04/2022 at 18:23, BlueBulb said:

I believe so. 

There was no mentioned of Out of Court settlement. Just "Formal Warning" and "Conditions of Withdrawal" was used in the letter. 

I would like to think that honesty and true understanding over your actions is what allowed me to get this decision. Everything that was written in my "Case of Events" above was sent to TFL (albeit with some tweaks as I am pretty sure some may have just copy+pasted my letter as there were a few cases of misuse during my thread). All I can say is it is a difficult situation but handle with ownership and honesty.

I can not say what lead to their decision but all I know is that I am extremely thankful (and fortunate) that it has been resolved in this manner. 

Hi BlueBulb, I am in a similar situation.

I sent the letter to them 3 weeks ago with all the mitigating circumstances but haven’t heard anything back. Do you suggest anything else?

• dx100uk changed the title to Freedom Pass Misuse - Letter of Events TFL - 3 months use
  • 1 month later...
On 28/04/2022 at 18:23, BlueBulb said:

I believe so. 

Did you get an email or letter from them after you made the payment and sent the signed agreement?

@melissard

you have been asked before to create your own topic by hitting create or + in the top red banner

and not to hi-jack other users topic which you have replied to that you would not.

you need to create your own topic please

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to 3 mts Freedom Pass Misuse - **WON OOC and Formal Warning Letter **