Inadequately signposted low barrier near kerb @motorfuelgroup impossible to see in rear view

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At nearly 9pm sunday eve I went to an Motor Fuel Group garage to get air in tyres. Obviously as you need to be close to ensure the hose reaches all tyres I reversed in accordingly. There was a very low metal barrier by kerb - impossible to see through rear view mirror which damaged my car. The two machines next to this one have long white poles with red reflector at top which would ensure you can see where the kerb / barrier is. This one does not. I was told by MFG that I should have noticed this small barrier on entering the garage, despite the fact it isn't even located at the entrance to the premises, but the exit! They also said they had never had issues with this before - which is in my opinion a nonsense as a) the barrier is chipped and bent all over so I assume I'm not the only one who has not been able to see it b) if other people damage their vehicles as they cannot see this metal barrier, but don't complain - does this mean I should not have the right to point out the inadequate warning for those reversing? Can't seem to attach pic here... so attached as charming profile pic!! 

At nearly 9pm sunday eve I went to an Motor Fuel Group garage to get air in tyres.

Obviously as you need to be close to ensure the hose reaches all tyres I reversed in accordingly.

There was a very low metal barrier by kerb - impossible to see through rear view mirror which damaged my car.

The two machines next to this one have long white poles with red reflector at top which would ensure you can see where the kerb / barrier is. This one does not.

I was told by MFG that I should have noticed this small barrier on entering the garage, despite the fact it isn't even located at the entrance to the premises, but the exit!

They also said they had never had issues with this before - which is in my opinion a nonsense as

a) the barrier is chipped and bent all over so I assume I'm not the only one who has not been able to see it

b) if other people damage their vehicles as they cannot see this metal barrier, but don't complain - does this mean I should not have the right to point out the inadequate warning for those reversing?

Can't seem to attach pic here... so attached as charming profile pic!! 

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured in order to make it readable

Use one mass pdf.

Read upload

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Maybe others will have a different view, but in mine it is your responsibility to carefully check and assess your surroundings before you move your car.

The Highway Code appears to back that view up. Rule 202 (my emphasis):

Look carefully before you start reversing. You should:

- use all your mirrors
- check the ‘blind spot’ behind you (the part of the road you cannot see easily in the mirrors)
- check there are no pedestrians (particularly children), cyclists, other road users or obstructions in the road behind you.
- Reverse slowly while

- checking all around
- looking mainly through the rear window
- being aware that the front of your vehicle will swing out as you turn.

I'd be surprised if the garage were liable for your failure to check your surroundings before moving off, but I've been wrong plenty of times before.

Edited by theberengersniper