Post Office/Bank of Ireland. credit card - CCJ & Restriction sold to cabot - reduced settlement?

bradfordlad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, 

I was active on the forums about 10 years ago when we went through a traumatic time with several defaults all happening at the same time.   Received lots of good advice which I'll be forever grateful for. 

I now find myself in a different position but could do with a bit of advice please. 

My wife had a CCJ with Bank of Ireland credit card, which they took back to court and got a Restriction against the property. This was back in December 2011.   We've been paying the agreed £15 a month ever since. 

Our mortgage is with an inactive lender and we are wanting to remortgage to West Bromwich BS under their Mortgage Prisoner scheme.   It turns out they cant do it due to the Restriction recorded at Land Registry

We've not had any paperwork for ages about it, so I emailed DLC solicitors who we pay the £15 to, and the email bounced back saying we have to contact the original creditor.   I have NO IDEA who to get in touch with, but I have to repay the debt and get the Restriction removed to be able to remortgage, so it needs sorting....

Anyone any idea of any contact details at Bank or Ireland please?

Many thanks in advance 

BL

Well 6 years on and most of the defaults have disappeared, thank you CAG for a

ll your help

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WWW.BANKOFIRELAND.COM

Looking for ways to Contact us? We have a number of different channels that can help you with your query, Twitter, Boards or Facebook messenger.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX - I've managed to track the account down to MORTIMER CLARKE Solicitors. 

Ok - so here's a question!   They have given me the balance - £5,500.  I asked if they would accept a F & F Settlement - they offered £4,600. 

Is it worth me trying to negotiate or are they likely to stick to that amount?

If I rang and offered them, say £3000 are they likely to accept?

Cheers!

ll your help

Who are mc's stated client?

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

53 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

Who are mc's stated client?

Dx

I've not got any paperwork to hand so I can't tell at the moment. We're in the middle of having an extension built and everything is in storage!   I made the MC connection as follows: 

We are paying the monthly amount to DLC. DLC is now part of Cabot so I contacted them.  They said MC are handling the debt on their behalf, so I should contact them.  Rang MC and they traced it through Cabot reference and my name/address. Original creditor was Post Office/Bank of Ireland.

Edited by bradfordlad

ll your help

• dx100uk changed the title to Post Office/Bank of Ireland. credit card - CCJ & Restriction

right so cabot

so the debt has been SOLD ON .

thus the CCJ/charge is now due to cabot.

you are now in a stronger position to settle for a reduced sum. 

send them a CCa request

if they can't produce enforceable paperwork, then that will help you drive the settlement figure down some.

it cant negate the judgement/charge as paperwork wriggles were for the time of litigation in a defence and now the CCJ judgement trumps that sadly.

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Post Office/Bank of Ireland. credit card - CCJ & Restriction sold to cabot - reduced settlement?

If I remember rightly, I did the CCA request when it was with BoI prior to the court hearing. There was a problem with the notice period meaning I'd not been given the correct amount of time for the default, but court ignored that and said "but you still owe the money". 

Assuming what you mean here is to see if Cabot can product all the correct paperwork and if they can't,  to push them for a reduced figure on a non-enforceable CCJ?

ll your help

no the judgement is enforceable, read what i said CAREFULLY.

and they

Unlikely they would respond to a CCA request nor are they legally required to now that the agreement has ended and a judgment is in place.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread