Purchased a new vehicle, manufacturer no longer has a UK dealer network

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a new Scomadi moter scooter in 2019 with a hire purchase agreement from Close Brothers.

Due to a long court case with another manufacturer Scomadi no longer have a 

uk dealer network. You can also not source any parts.

As i cant get it serviced by a main dealer or repaired if it breaks do i have a claim against the finance company

Kindest regards

Yes, you do .

Who was the finance company

Close brothers ..

This be fun..as bad as moneybarn if not worse.  

What's is the problem??

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The problem:

The manufacture no longer have  a UK importer or dealer service network. Parts are also impossible to source.  So I'm thinking in the future its going to be be useless.

Close Brothers are trying to treat it as if its got specific faults, which is of course irrelevant.

To my mind No dealers, No parts = No use going forward

Thanks

How far away from 50% paid up are you? Months of agreement paid so far ...against how long the agreement was for?

Your 'problems' I can't see making the agreement void under CCA.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You say that the vehicle was bought on hire purchase. This means that it belongs to the hire purchase company and it's their problem.

If it breaks down then they have to take responsibility and if they can't then they will have to settle with you financially.

It may well be that you are not entitled to a full refund because it seems that you had over two years of use from it. On the other hand, you would be at least be entitled to a pro rata refund depending on the reasonable life expectancy of this make and model

Thank you for the responses.

My last payment of a three year agreement is next month.

My thoughts are that if i cant repair in the future it its not fit for purpose. and it has no value as there's no dealer service history and no one will purchase a machine that has no available parts

Thanks.

As I've already advised, I think that you would be entitled to a pro rata refund – in other words the reasonable resale value if the bike was properly maintained and in working condition according to reasonable consumer expectations.

I think the best thing to do is wait until this happens and then come to us

As a lifetime motorcycle and scooter enthusiast I can advice you that there are various Facebook groups for Scomadi riders. Check those out for support.

Unfortunately it's not really 'if it breaks down' more like 'when it breaks down', unfortunately Scomadi are not great, there's a reason why scooter enthusiasts ride Vespas.

Its actually really reliable! I love it. I don't really know any Scom riders who've had loads of issues apart from the early speedo/fork issues.

I'm more miffed about the lack of support for the brand, don't see why i should shoulder the hassle.  i don't need advice on the scoot i was looking to clarify the legal position. And everyone has been most helpful

Rally going scooterist, several Lambretta's, Vespas and a Scomadi