Erudio/dryden claimform stayed - old SLC loan - Now N244 for SJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Which Court have you received the claim from ? County Court Business Centre, Northampton N1

MCOL Northampton N1 ?

Manual Claim CCMCC (Salford) ?

New beta WWW.MONEYCLAIMS.SERVICE.GOV.UK ?

If possible please scan redact and upload a full page copy of page 1 of the claim form. (not the response page or AOS)

Name of the Claimant ? Erudio Studen Loans Limited

Date of issue –  15 March 2022

Date  to acknowledge - 1/4

date to submit defence -  15/4

Particulars of Claim

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? 

1.  The Claimant claims £6000 for monies due from the Defendant.

2.  The debt was pursuant to a regulated agreement(s) between the Defendant and the Student Loan's Company Limited.  Each agreement has an individual account number as follows:

3.  The Defendant failed to make payments as per the terms resulting in the agreement(s) being terminated.  Notice of such is served by a Default or Termination.  Notice of such is served by a Default or Termination Notice subject to the terms of the agreement(s).

4.  The debt was assigned to the Claimant 22/11/2013, with a notice provided to the Defendant.  A new master reference number 63************** was also applied upon assignment.

5.  The Claimant has complied with the Pre-Action Protocol for debt claims.

What is the total value of the claim? £5999.52

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? Yes

Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No

Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? NA

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? No

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? Before

Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? NA

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? No

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt Purchaser issued 

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Yes

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Not that I can recall

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? Yes

Why did you cease payments? No payments made ever

What was the date of your last payment? NA

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No

Hello all,

I have been following this forum with regards to this issue with Erudio.  Previously, I took from the forum to simply ignore any correspondence from any debt collection agencies, now, not sure I did the right thing in my scenario.  

I have spent many hours searching the forum for cases relatable to mine but haven't successfully found the information I am looking for.  All the cases regarding Drysden and Erudio are for loans which are SB which I don't think applies to me.

To give a bit of background:  I took out student loans with SLC in 1998 and 1999.  I have been deferring since but have missed many months of deferment over that time which made me go into arrears, however, I was successfully deferring until January 2020.

I sent off a deferment form in January 2020 as I have been doing previous years, however, Erudio said that they did not receive. 

I received correspondence to say that I defaulted on 31/01/2020, my deferment ended 27/01/2020.

I then received a letter on 29/02/2020 to say that they have terminated my account.

I then contacted Erudio on 16/03/2020 by email and phone explaining I has sent my form for deferment and why had the account been terminated so quickly after my deferment ended.  They said it was too late to do anything as the account had been terminated on the phone.  I requested an answer by email too which they didn't respond to.

I didn't hear back from them and only received a letter from Capquest who I thought was a debt collection agency so ignored.  Then resolve call who I also ignored, they Drysden who I also ignored.

Now I have received the claims form and really do not want a CCJ on my name especially as I have just now started sorting out my life.  I have always deferred and never been earned over the threshold.

Is there any way I can defend this claim successfully?  I am not in a position to clear the debt.

I hope I have adhered to the forum rules and have provided the information as required.

Claim Form Dyrden.pdf

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.
[if mcol is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time]
 register as an individual on the Gov't Gateway Site
Go to HMRC's login page.
Click the GREEN sign in button.
Click “Create sign in details”
Enter your email address where asked.
You will now be emailed a confirmation code. ...
You will now be issued with a User ID for your government gateway account.
 note down your details inc the long gateway number given, you might need it later.
 then log in to the MCOL Website
 select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.
 then using the details required from the claimform
 defend all
 leave jurisdiction unticked
 you DO NOT file a defence at this time
[BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ]
click thru to the end
confirm and exit MCOL.
get a CCA Request running to the claimant

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332502-cca-request-consumer-credit-act-1974-updated-january-2015/

Leave the £1 PO unsigned and uncrossed

get a CPR  31:14  request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant]
.[use our other CPR letter if the claim is for an OD or Telecom Debt]

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/

on BOTH type your name ONLY
Do Not sign anything
you DO NOT await the return of ANY paperwork 
you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Erudio/dryden claimform - old SLC loan.

when was your deferment due? how late were you?

have you deferred for 2021 and 2022 or ignored everything (including the letter of claim...OPPSS!!) since 2020 ......

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello DX, I have’t deferred since Jan 2020 as they wouldn’t allow me.  And yes I have ignored everything including the letter of claim,  I wish I had spent the time on this forum which I have done over the last few days, weeks ago!

I am shocked as to how quickly they terminated after not receiving my deferment form, and was hoping I had a defence with something relating to this

you might well have

there are 10's of cases here identical to yours.

like..

Drydens/Erudio claimform - old slc loan - Page 3 - Financial Legal Issues - Consumer Action Group

also use our enhanced google search box.

drydens claimform SLC.

and they

dont miss your defence filing date 15/4 no matter what.

i will guess this was a series of loans?

dx

and they

they cant really do that... add arrears charges, they've been told off numerous times by the FOS for these unlawful penalties and have been told to remove them and remove the invalid defaults too, just because they didn't receive a deferment in time even though people were under the threshold etc etc.

have you still got the emails and proof of deferment sent off?

you really should never ever ring a fleecing DCA!! 

they are not bailiffs and have zero legal powers, which is why they can only do what we can do and thats raise a speculative court claim on a debt.

and they

I have always been under the threshold.  Admittedly in the past I have missed deferment dates but always eventually got a deferment.  The months in between the deferment was when they have applied the arrears.

The only proof I have of the deferment form in January 2020 (the one they saying they didn't receive) being sent, is a photocopy of the original form I made before sending.  I did not use email for any deferments.

I am learning now what you mean about these DCA's, they pretend to be something they are not and ordinary people get scared and accept whatever they say.

I have managed to read bit more on cases which do not rely on SB.  Interesting reading and growing more and more confident that I am going to fight this all the way.

I'll carry on.......

:yo:

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Hello NickyPea, I am still waiting for them to get back to me with my requests for the CCA and CPR.

Most of the things I’ve read have based their defence on the debt being statute barred, which will not apply to me so I’m hoping to find something in the paper work to file a defence.

Would anyone know, what happens if they don’t respond in time? 

13 hours ago, Nickypea said:

Hi I am just wondering how you got on with this because I’m in e a fly the same situation with erudio 

please create your own topic by hitting create  or + in the top red banner.

dx

and they

Ive just had a letter from Drydens stating that they have received my request and are waiting for their client to provide and as a result they agree too a further extension of 28 days to file defence.

Do I need to inform the courts or will they?

Is it possible they might try and pull a fast one and not inform the courts?

Have not read one other erudio claim form thread exercising your self help?

Ignore

and they

And why do you think you need to do anything else?

Dx

and they

I'm with you.  Read a few threads, where they have been waiting for this paperwork for ages and eventually the claim being SB.

Let's hope they don't find the relevant paperwork!

Thanks DX

if the debt was not already SB'd then sadly it can't 'become' SB'd as the issuance of the claimform halts the clock ticking.

and they

• 2 months later...

So I have heard back from Dryden Fairfax with regards to my CPR 31.14 request.

They have sent me the following documents:

1:  Student Loans Company statement's covering 17 Feb 1999 to 1 March 2014.

2:  Notice of Assignment dated 4 April 2014 from Erudio including a FAQ and direct debit mandate

3:  Letter from Student Loans company explaining the sale of the account dated 4 April 2014

4:  Print out of transactions from Erudio covering period 28 March 2014 to 14 March 2022

Their letter states they will hold file for 28 days in order for me to file a defence in accordance with CPR 15.5, failing which they will approach court to lift the stay and enter judgement against me.

I have not heard anything back from Erudio regarding my SARS request...... or do the documents already provided, cover this?

Did you file a defence then? And what was it?

Dx

and they

Only just received, I haven't filed a defence.

Have Erudio met their obligations with providing me all the paperwork they are required to do so?  I have not received a credit agreement between us.

your defence was due 15/04.

what is the status of the claim on mcol website?

dx

and they

I received a letter from Drydens on 1st April 2022 stating they agreed to a further 28 day extension whilst they liase with their client for the relevant paperwork.

I now have received what I outlined in my earlier post.  The letter mentions they will hold file for 28 days before they approach the court to lift the stay.

There doesn't seem to be much information on the MCOL website, it merely states that claim was raised and acknowledgment received.

I suppose I need to start working on my defence now.  I am hoping to base my defence on the fact that Erudio didn't accept my last deferment and terminated so soon after my deferment was not accepted.