EVRi Hermes lost parcel and offer measly compensation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 765 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I sent a parcel with Hermes back in December, it got lost and then they claimed they’d found it so said they’d return it to me but then they lost it again. 

I emailed and emailed and finally, when I threatened legal action, they replied and offered £20 compensation for an item worth £105. Granted it’s not a massive amount but considering the massive blunder on their part, I can’t see how they justify compensating me with such a low amount. 

I also recognise it’s (an awful) company policy to insure parcels for £20 with the standard postage but due to them losing it, then finding it and then losing it AGAIN surely this is slightly different.

I fought back and told them £20 wasn’t good enough but they wouldn’t budge.

Is there a case here or am I fighting a losing battle? 

Any help is much appreciated.

Yes there is a case and you aren't fighting a losing battle and yes you will get your money back – and now that you have come to this forum, you have an unfair advantage over Hermes.

Please can you lay out exactly what's happened including dates, values, identity of item et cetera.

Also start reading the stories on this sub- forum. There are lots of them and you need to be thoroughly familiar with all the principles involved.

Start preparing a letter of claim and post a draft here so that we can check it – but make sure that you are familiar with the principles.

You will be issuing a court claim in about 2 1/2 weeks.

• BankFodder changed the title to EVRi Hermes lost parcel and offer measly compensation

I sold a Supreme hoodie on Depop for £105 and sent the package via EVRi EVRi Hermes on 31/12/21. They’d received the parcel and when I checked the tracking it hadn’t changed from being at their depot so on 9/01/22 I emailed and queried. 

On 12/01/22 they replied and said that my parcel was unaccounted for. On 17/01/22 they said that they had found my parcel and that they were going to return it to me. I sent them my address and waited.

On 27/01/22 they got back to me with an email detailing how they once again lost my parcel and linked the Lost Claim Form.

I submitted it that same day and waited for a response.

On 03/03/22 I emailed asking for an update as it had been well over the 28 days they said it would take them to process and come to a decision.

I then emailed on 11/03 asking again for an update as I was starting to feel I was being ignored and was getting annoyed by the whole situation.

On 14/03 I emailed again and threatened legal action to which they swiftly replied asking me to fill out a claims form AGAIN. I said I’d already been through this process and wanted an update on my existing one. 

On 16/03 they got back and offered me £20 + £2.95 that I paid in postage as compensation. I wrote back saying it wasn’t good enough and I demanded a full compensation. 

They then said due to the delivery I chose, my parcel was only covered for upto £20. I tried to dispute and escalate to a higher up as this isn’t a typical situation and the fault lies with them. That didn’t get me much further and now here I am.

Edited by ZWMN

Okay. I hope you have started doing the reading. It will take quite a bit of time. You should understand the general principles but in particular focus on the question of insurance and how unfair it is and the fact that it is unenforceable under the consumer rights act.

Let us know when you've done this and you feel that you got a grasp of it.

Prepare your draft letter of claim and let sit before you send it off.

Get ready to start issuing your claim. Register with the County Court money claim website and understand your way round it. It's not very difficult