RBS CCJ/ICO - Old Loan - now assigned to Equivo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Posted (edited)

Long story short

- I had a loan with RBS  many years ago, lost my job, got cancer.

Along with a lot of other debts, went into DMP, which I am still paying nominal amount. I recently checked my creditors with PayPlan, and my Equivo seems to own this debt, and the monthly payment I am making to PayPlan is being sent to Equivo, I have had no notification of this assignment of debt.

Alongside this I have been a customer of RBS for many years, and have asked for a  breakdown of all the charges they have ever charged me (a lot when I was overdrawn all the time) I want to remove this charging order, get rid of this 'debt' and tell RBS they owe me for the charges+interest (not worked the numbers out yet) How do I best go about this please?

Grateful for any help, too many years I have had my head in the sand

I have checked the Land Registry for my current home:

(04.09.2010) Equitable charge created by an interim charging order of the Manchester County Court dated 17 August 2010 in favour of Hillesden Securities Ltd (Court reference: xxxxx). NOTE: Copy filed. 8

(22.05.2011) Equitable charge created by an interim charging order of the Manchester County Court dated 9 May 2011 in favour of Royal Bank of Scotland PLC (Court Ref: xxxxxxxx).

I know these are old, and I should have dealt with them a long time ago, I am approaching retirement age, and wanted to leave my home to my children, so I want to sort this mess out, so they don't have to.

As these are Interim charging orders- can I challenge them ?

I have been making small token payments against them for years via PayPlan

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

equivo are shoosmith solicitors who are their stated client?

is your home jointly owned/mortgaged or was?

as for charges reclaiming ...send RBS an SAR. get all the info first...unless you have every statement from day one..

why are you blindly paying all these debts via payplan when i bet 99% are now sold to DCA's and are probably totally unenforceable.... ever sent everyone you are currently being cash cowed on thru payplan a CCA request?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am the only name on the property, and mortgage I live in now (bought when my husband had dreams of buying another property from family - that never happened)

I have a SAR response from RBS (on PDF) so I am typing into Excel so I can calculate the interest 

so debt in your name house only in your name any equitable charges will need to be paid eventaully.

as for calc charges

use the CISHEET.

enter every penalty charge on its own line

put their int rate in cell D15.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to RBS CCJ/ICO - Old Loan - now assigned to Equivo