Jump to content

An unusual default - Help!


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts


I wonder if anyone can lend some advise on this .


In 1995 I opened an account with the TSB, in 1998 this was closed (well I though it had been). In 2004 I find that I owe £105 - got a call from a debt collecting agency - I find out that I had a balance of -£2.64 (when I thought i'd closed the account) but with charges over the 6 odd years I obviously went above £100 and that's when the bank starts to care. I didn't pay the money to the debt collecting agency and never heard anything since.


I received a credit report about myself recently and found that I have defaulted on this account, which is why my credit rating is so bad for the past 2 years - I could never understand why I kept getting refused credit.


The problem is I can't remember my bank account details - I know the address that my name would relate to but nothing else.


Do you know how i got about reversing my default - can i claim compensation for the bad credit rating i've had over the past 2 years? It's been pretty annoying and embarrising being refused credit.

Thanks in advance.


Link to post
Share on other sites

Send them an sar so that you will then find out how they turned a debit of

£2.64 into a debit of over £100. If only they were so efficient with a credit

of £2.64.

You may find that prior to closing the account, there were a couple of times they hit you for an unlawful charge or two, as well as after you "closed"

the account.

If you have any unlawful charges prior to the closing date, then all the

present debt will consist of unlawful charges as the interest on £2.64 will

not come to £10 over the years and just one unlawful charge of £25 will

cover that. Thus, they have defaulted you and passed it on to a DCA for

a debt that should not have existed. They could be liable for defamation of

character charges.


You do not have to remember your account details-just send them your

full name and the address you stayed at when you were a customer, and

confirm that your current signature is the same as it was when you signed

your cheques etc with them [ obviously only if it was the same], and they

will find the details.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

ok after a little bit of digging i've managed to find my old account details, so now i just need to send the SAR off.... just got to find the address and it will be sent along with a £10 postal order..... who the hell uses cheques these days? ha!

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...