Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed Next day (1pm) - undelivered due to un-identifiable address #RoyalMail

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sold some mugs on Ebay and posted them at a Post Office branch, Special Delivery Guaranteed Next Day (1pm), costing £11.15p. I posted them Sat 12th Feb but I knew they wouldn't actually go until the Monday, therefore expecting delivery on the 15th.   I checked online tracking and it said item would be returned to sender as they couldn't identify the address.  I've never received my parcel back. Online tracking hasn't been updated any further since the 15th Feb.  RM helpline said if there wasn't a return address on the parcel it would more than likely be sent to the National Returns centre but the tracking would say this and when it did, I could phone back and get my parcel returned.  This hasn't happened.  I made a claim online for the loss of my parcel but they said it isn't lost if its sent to the NRC because it was incorrectly addressed.  I've asked what the problem was with the address that it couldn't be delivered, they can't or won't tell me.  I've asked for photographic evidence that there was a problem with the address, in case the label had got damaged, still they can't or won't tell me.  I have google mapped the address and sent them the photos clearly showing the address.  I've sent them my post office receipt showing the door number and postcode but still they decline my claim. I've taken it to the last stage within RM, the Postal Review Team and they've said it could take 30 days.  Meantime, I've written to the NRC in Belfast to see if they can locate my parcel as they only hold them for a period of about 30 days.   I feel the Postal Review may well also decline my claim because RM won't say they've lost my parcel, surely they have if they can't track it?   I've now decided to send a first class signed for letter to see if it gets delivered as this will be further evidence for me.  I just wondered what peoples thoughts were, in readiness to take this to the Ombudsman.  I paid for a tracking service and they've failed to track it but they're using the excuse that it was wrongly addressed.  What makes it more frustrating and annoying is that I know I addressed it correctly, I know I put my return address on the back , we all know to purchase that particular service, the post office check these details, I even asked my buyer if he'd had problems before and he said he hadn't. Grrrrrr.   

Edited by Dollydoo
added hashtag

• Dollydoo changed the title to Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed Next day (1pm) - undelivered due to un-identifiable address #RoyalMail

Sorry, but posting a very long block of text like this makes it very difficult to read especially for people with small screens such as telephones.

You've been here since 2007 and frankly I think it's unfair.

Please will you start a new thread and post your story properly spaced and accessible.

Thank you

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks