Maranatha -v- Alliance & Leicester

maranatha

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

I've been sitting on my backside for too long.

I've devoured the FAQ's and am clear as to the procedure.

I moved away from A+L about two years ago so I've only got 4 years.

(Having said this, I believe that someone said that if they deliberately withhold information as to the ACTUAL cost to them, then you might get more than six years but I could nbe wrong)

I sent a Special Delivery Letter requesting my statements to

"The Data Controller" at Carlton Park on 16th November.

No acknowledgement but Royal Mail reports delivery OK and I have a signature.

Telephoned them yesterday and spoke to a Mr Acharya on 0116 201 1000.

He is the Data Protection Officer. He explained that he would have sent the Subject Access Request (SAR) directly on to Bootle when it gets handled.

He then telephoned Bootle and then came back to me and confirmed that they had received it and were working on it. They received it on the 21st and would have 40 days from then.

I responded by saying that I had delivered the SAR to A+L's legal address for service of all papers therefore the 40 days starts from the 17th (date of delivery)

He accepted that and of course we now wait. Pleasant enough conversation.

Questions.

(1) Do you think that further correspondence such as LBA's etc should be sent to Customer Service Centre in Bootle or do I continue to send them to A+L's Registered Legal Address in Carlton Park Leicester?

(2) After last mights BBC program do you think that they might use the term 'service charge' rather than penalty?

regards

maranatha

1) Do you think that further correspondence such as LBA's etc should be sent to Customer Service Centre in Bootle or do I continue to send them to A+L's Registered Legal Address in Carlton Park Leicester?

(2) After last mights BBC program do you think that they might use the term 'service charge' rather than penalty?

1. Yes.

2. No.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.