P2G/DHL Lost Ebay Parcel - £450 Ham Radio

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I sold a peace of ham radio equipment on eBay, sell price £450.00. after fees deducted, i received £407.66 payment.

Parcel was shipped through P2G, who used dal as the courier.

Parcel collect 28th Feb at 18:20hrs, parcel scan confirms this, also have CCTV of DHL driver collecting the package.

on the 1st March checked progress to see that scan report said package had not revived - time 10:39hrs

I made contact with DHL who confirmed that although item had been picked up, it had not been scanned at the collection depot. a search was then initiated.

Friday 4th Mar 22 claim filed with P2G, also spoke again to DHL, and was passed to a manger, who took ownership and started a further investigation.

Monday 7th again spoke with DHL who confirmed search had not found the package, but further investigation would happen, as the driver who collected needed to be interviewed.

Thur 10th Mar 22, received a call from collection depot, very helpful lady who asked had I actually had the package collected (collection scan proves I did) as the driver who's route my property is on is denying that any parcel was collected.

Thur 10th Mar 22, collection depot phoned back after allowing me time to view CCTV, CCTV shows driver collecting the package, CCTV pass to depot and to DHL manger and her supervisor via email.

Fri 11th Mar, information submitted to P2G - Proof of collection, Proof of Value and Proof item was not delivered, Proof of item not being delivered were emails from P2G and DHL confirming parcel is lost.

P2G have now rejected Proof of none delivery saying they need an email from the buyer.

When submitting docs to P2G I asked for a call back, and details of their legal department as I would be submitting a claim, no details provided.

Within email exchange between DHL, it was confirmed that DHL had advised that drivers are held responsible for the loss and costs associated, and that I would be making a claim for the full amount.

am now trying to establish the name of P2G CEO for the court papers when they are served, if anyone can provide, I would appreciate this.

Keith

• dx100uk changed the title to P2G/DHL Lost Ebay Parcel - £450 Ham Radio

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Did you purchase their so-called insurance for this item?

We absolutely agree. The insurance requirement that you pay to protect yourself against the negligence or breach of contract or criminality of the courier's employees is unfair and therefore unenforceable.

I suggest you get going and draft a letter of claim post it here.

I don't know why you think you need the name of the CEO. You've missed Valentine's Day.

Draft your letter of claim. Keep it brief. Post a draft here so we can have a look and then send it off on Monday.

Read up the stories on this sub- forum – most of them to do with Hermes but everything is roughly the same and get ready to issue your claim in 14 days

Read up the story here as well

which involves the same company and also the OP did not get insurance.

The OP has just issued a claim and so we are waiting for the defence which no doubt will be filed at the last moment – in about 28 or 30 days time.

I suggest you follow it closely.

Hello

my draft attempt below. I will try and find out CEO name so it can be addressed to him personally, and to send a belated VD card...

Letter before small claims court claim

My Details

Parcel2 2 Go

The Cube, 

Coe St, 

Bolton BL3 6BU

Dear

Reference: Loss of Parcel (P2G – REF NUMBER)

As it has not been possible to resolve this matter amicably, and it is apparent that court action may be necessary, I write in compliance with the Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct.

·      Parcel 2 Go were contract Friday 25th Feb 2022 to collect and deliver an item sold through eBay

·      Item was collected at approx. 18:20hrs on Monday 28th Feb 2022, Driver scan and CCTV video confirm this.

·      Update of delivery status was obtained on Tuesday 1st March 2022, this showed parcel had nit been received. Contact was made with DHL who advised that parcel had been collected, but not received at the collection depot. 

·      DHL customer services were again contacted on the Wednesday 2nd March 2022, a complaint was made, and a search was then undertaken to locate the lost parcel.

·      DHL again contact on Saturday 5th March 2022, Spoke with NAME OF DHL MANGER (Manger) who confirmed that she would take ownership of the case and conduct further investigation.

·      DHL and Parcel 2 Go contact me to advised the search had not resulted in parcel being located.

·      DHL Depot Bathgate  again contacted me on Thursday 10th March asking me to confirm that a package had been collected, as driver had reported no package had been collected. Copy of driver scan and CCTV sent to DHL Depot, Ellie-Louise Prigg and Excecutive Team.

From you I am claiming the sum of £407.66, the paid to me after seller fees deducted by eBay.

Listed below are the documents on which I intend to rely in my claim against you:

·      Booking Confirmation

·      Driver Scan of collection

·      DHL Notification of item not received (at depot)

·      Email DHL conform a search would be conducted.

·      Parcel 2 Go confirmation a search would be conducted.

·      Email DHL confirming item not located

·      Parcel 2 Go confirmation item not located

·      CCTV showing driver collecting the package.

It's rather more detailed than necessary but with all those words, you have missed out almost the most important part which is to inform them that if you are not reimbursed within 14 days that you will start legal action.
Post the completed draft here.
Don't bother about the name of the CEO. Just send it to the address you have there at the top.

You should be able to send it off tomorrow morning first class so that arrives with them on Monday.

Then start preparing your claim by registering with the money claim website – the County Court website. You can save your work as you go.

Post a draft of your claim here before you send it off on day 15.

Make sure that you are prepared to stick to your timescales. Don't bluff

Also you had better check your spelling.

BankFodder

Parcel2 2 Go

The Cube, 

Coe St, 

Bolton BL3 6BU

Dear

Reference: Loss of Parcel (P2G - )

As it has not been possible to resolve this matter amicably, and it is apparent that court action may be necessary, I write in compliance with the Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct.

·      Parcel 2 Go were contract Friday 25th Feb 2022 to collect and deliver an item sold through eBay

·      Item was collected at approx. 18:20hrs on Monday 28th Feb 2022, Driver scan and CCTV video confirm this.

·      Update of delivery status was obtained on Tuesday 1st March 2022, this showed parcel had nit been received. Contact was made with DHL who advised that parcel had been collected, but not received at the collection depot. 

·      DHL customer services were again contacted on the Wednesday 2nd March 2022, a complaint was made, and a search was then undertaken to locate the lost parcel.

·      DHL again contact on Saturday 5th March 2022, spoke with.      (Manger) who confirmed that she would take ownership of the case and conduct further investigation.

·      DHL and Parcel 2 Go contact me to advise the search had not resulted in parcel being located.

·      DHL Depot Bathgate (.               ) again contacted me on Thursday 10th March asking me to confirm that a package had been collected, as driver had reported no package had been collected. Copy of driver scan and CCTV sent to DHL Depot, Ellie-Louise Prigg and Executive Team.

From you I am claiming the sum of £407.66, the sum paid to me after seller fees deducted by eBay.

Listed below are the documents on which I intend to rely in my claim against you:

·      Booking Confirmation

·      Driver Scan of collection

·      DHL Notification of item not received (at depot)

·      Email DHL conform a search would be conducted.

·      Parcel 2 Go confirmation a search would be conducted.

·      Email DHL confirming item not located

·      Parcel 2 Go confirmation item not located

·      CCTV showing driver collecting the package.

In closing, I would draw your attention to paragraphs 15 and 16 of the Practice Direction which gives the courts the power to impose sanctions on the parties if they fail to comply with the direction including failing to respond to this letter before claim.

Should I not be reimbursed my costs within 14 days of the date of this letter, court action will be commenced with no further reference to you.

Yours faithfully, 

Edited by Puer Claudus

Okay. Send it and start getting ready to issue the claim.

This letter of claim is just a formality.

They may even write to you and tell you that if you want to start a claim then go ahead – in which case you should issue it immediately.

Keep us updated

We are referring to the unfair terms provisions in the consumer rights act 2015.

Have you not sent the letter of claim yet?

You may wish to consider bringing a claim for the full sale value of the item.

The fact that ebay charged you a fee based on the value of the item does not decrease the value of the item lost by P2G in any way.

You will have to refund the person that purchased the item and are banking on the fact that ebay will also refund the fees, if for whatever reason they do not, you risk being out of pocket by the difference due to the value of your claim.

On 12/03/2022 at 11:34, Puer Claudus said:

BankFoot

Letter will go today.

Did you send it?

7 hours ago, FruitSalad1010 said:

You may wish to consider bringing a claim for the full sale value of the item.

The fact that ebay charged you a fee based on the value of the item does not decrease the value of the item lost by P2G in any way.

You will have to refund the person that purchased the item and are banking on the fact that ebay will also refund the fees, if for whatever reason they do not, you risk being out of pocket by the difference due to the value of your claim.

If this was sold through eBay then I understand that the declared value would have been the value of the sale.

However, if for some reason rather and undervalue had been declared then I am quite sure that that is probably the only achievable result in a court action

Bankfoot

Good idea, but I would suspect that if I sell through eBay, then I am aware that fees will be deducted, so I suspect the net amount is all I could claim. 

eBay refund has already been issued, and they have refunded fees as well.

Letter has already gone with sum stated that I am claiming.

out of interest, what is your background? seem quite up on these issues

I think you will find that the declared value is the gross value and which you sold the item. That would include the fees.

That is the amount that you should be claiming – plus interest pursuant to section 69 of the County Courts act 1984 – normally awarded 8% per annum at the moment

You actually receive the gross amount. You then had to pay a fee to eBay.

If you want to be generous to the courier company then go ahead. I hope you feel good about it.

In terms of claiming interest, – why on earth not? There's no extra work involved. You just say on your claim form that you are including interest pursuant to section 69 of the County Court act 1984.
If you don't want the money then give it to Ukrainians or give it to us. They need it and so do we

• Haha 1