Faulty car purchased from Colnbrook Motors (Slough). Wouldn't start next day. Sold as Seen.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 770 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi lovely people,

Situation:

I purchase a black 2007 mini cooper on Sat 5th March from Colnbrook Motors. I had it inspected by Click Mechanic prior to purchase and received a full report.

Couple of issues like needing a service and windscreen wiper but no alarm bells. Dealer did the service, RH wheel and wipers.  The owner gave me £250 discount as 12k mileage had been removed in 2020 which I discovered when I ran a financial check. Wasn't bothered as I don't intend to sell on the car. I bought it just for school runs as a second car now we have moved to a more remote part of the UK. All good so far.

The very next day I went to start the car and it didnt start first time. This happened the following day too so I got another mobile mechanic out to take a look at the car.

He said that there is an issue with the coolant (car doesn't heat up internally; car fan turns on immediately even if only run for 30s) or the head gasket is going (oil water mixing residue on cap and pipes into engine.) Obviously I was alarmed as head gasket is expensive

Wed 9th I called the dealer.

Was told someone would call me back (they dont have an email) and no one did, I called today. The owner Sunny got incredibly aggressive and said my mechanics are crap and I am paranoid. He will see me in court as I signed a legally binding contract (attached).

I understand the CRA 2015 and know that Sold As Seen isnt a thing that dealers can hide behind, but given I signed something I am now not sure if I have a leg to stand on.

I managed to calm him down and he has agreed to look at the car this coming Wed at noon and show me all is ok. And a one point he said he would fix it but there wont be a problem as I am being paranoid.

Does anyone have any advice from here - esp. about the contract piece as I think it affects the way I play this?

Thank you so much in advance, Alex

Colnbrook Paper.pdf

Doesnt matter what you signed.

A trader knows full well they cannot sell a vehicle sold as seen and walk away if you are a member of joe public and not a trader yourself.

yes nail him under cra 2015

do you want to keep it?

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Minis of that age are notoriously unreliable and suffer with all sorts of problems, it is not a car I would have chosen as a runabout. IMO I'd reject it as you are entitled to and get your money back and get something else like a Nissan Micra of similar age.