Moving out

Cosmicdancer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 728 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi good evening !

I’ve tried my best on search engines to find out where I stand with this situation as I really struggle to understand dependant and non dependency etc ... 

in a nut shell

following an eviction  the current address for my claim is the one I’m evicted from . I currently get esa support & pip daily living . I think there is something called a severe premium that goes alongside the esa . 

Im looking to move in with my Dad, everything is setup council tax wise as a non dependant etc 

I don’t know where I stand with changing the benefits address .

Will this trigger a move to universal credit? Which I’m trying to avoid at all costs as my budgeting is solely revolved around the current payment system.

Will I lose the severe premium by changing my address ?

If so this is what is worrying me about the transition to universal credit. Thanks !

• 1 month later...

Update: I managed to wrestle my anxiety and get it done . I rang pip people and there was no awkward questions or forms to fill. Really nice guy on the other end updated my details and is sending me a letter in the post with my entitlements etc on . Just thought I would update incase anyone was browsing the internet for answers and anxious about the same thing !

• Thanks 2

Update: got a text from dwp to contact esa .. finally got in touch and spoke to someone they began to fill in an sdp form and one of the questions was “do you live with anyone else “ I explained my situation and they cancelled filling in the form . So address changed successfully and no worry of the dreaded universal credit “trigger”. I asked about my future payments and nothing seems to have changed . I was wrong to assume ESA & PIP fall under the same umbrella “DWP” the advisor said you have to update them both separately. Hope this helps! 

• 2 weeks later...