Victoria Plumbing - Online purchase of towel rail - faulty

Crazyhorse1-8
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, 

New to this website.

Can anyone give me some advice?

I bought a towel rail from an online store, plumber fitted it, chased out the wall/re-plastered it etc. Fired up the central heating to check it worked and a valve on the side came off and sprayed boiling hot water everywhere, scalding the plumber.

He had to go and buy another valve (non-manufacturer part) and managed to sort it.

I complained to the company and they have given me three options;

a full refund and they will collect the towel rail,

or an identical replacement (they haven't agreed to pay fitting costs),

or a partial refund of £100 and I keep the item.

However, if I keep the item and take the partial refund this invalidates the warranty if anything else goes wrong. 

I am arguing that if they replace or refund, I then have to spend another £150-200 getting a plumber to reinstall the towel rail. The item cost me £250. 

I have asked for a full refund and I keep the item because it was faulty and also caused an injury to the plumber.

I don't see why I should have to pay the cost of a days labour to remove and refit another item and seeing as this amounts to the same cost surely it would be easier to just refund me the whole amount for it. 

Any advice would be greatly received.

I may be wrong but I thought I might be entitled to some form of damages if they have breached contract with me as I will now be out of pocket to replace and fit the new item. 

Thanks 

Edited by dx100uk
added A few blank lines only..dx

When did you purchase it?

who from? Via what site?

when did you get it fitted?

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I purchased it within the last 6 weeks on Victorian Plumbing website and it was fitted last week. There is no contact number for victorian plumbing and everything is done by email. It is really frustrating. 

I am happy to keep the item provided I get a full or almost full refund for it as the warranty is now invalid due to a different part being fitted to it.

The cost of removing and replacing is the same as what I paid for it so I don't understand why they are making this complicated.

If they gave me a full refund then they have no further liability if something else goes wrong.

Notwithstanding, the fact that the plumber got scalded in the process. They are lucky, at this point, I am not pursuing that as a claim. 

Edited by dx100uk
Solid block of text spaced out

1 hour ago, Crazyhorse1-8 said:

...If they gave me a full refund then they have no further liability if something else goes wrong.

Notwithstanding, the fact that the plumber got scalded in the process. They are lucky, at this point, I am not pursuing that as a claim

If they give you a full refund, why would they be liable if anything else goes wrong?

How would you be able to pursue a claim against them for the plumber getting scalded?  That's got nothing to do with you, has it?  The only person who can sue in respect of that is the plumber - not you.

If i got a full refund and keep the item i dont expect them to be liable for anything further. That is sort of the point.

I am happy with that if i got a full refund. If it has to be removed and replaced i am not paying for the cost of that which amounts to the same cost as the item.

So why not just refund me £250 and leave it at that? 

• dx100uk changed the title to Victoria Plumbing - Online purchase of towel rail - faulty

because they are most probably not liable for consequential losses and that might well require a court claim.

have you asked about your refitting cost...what have they said?

also forget warranties, they mean nothing but the bogroll its written on

it does not remove nor replace your rights under the consumer rights act 2015.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'd be biting their hand off for the £100 compo and count yourself lucky to have got that, they could easily say the Plumber was at fault and offer you nothing.

As for the Plumber's claim, he should know better than to trust any valves new or old. so I doubt that would go anywhere.

3 hours ago, dx100uk said:

because they are most probably not liable for consequential losses and that might well require a court claim.

have you asked about your refitting cost...what have they said?

also forget warranties, they mean nothing but the bogroll its written on

it does not remove nor replace your rights under the consumer rights act 2015.

They gave me three options:

full refund and they collect the item so i have to pay to get someone to remove it and buy a new one.

a replacement item but i have to pay to remove and reinstall a new one. 

the partial refund of £100.

well if what you have is working... £100 time? or barter to £200 or £150.

and they