Lowell Backdoor CCJ for old Sky Debt..***Claim Discontinued***

Cosmicdancer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not an update but a query.

The court date for the CCJ was 02/03/2022 ( 2nd March this year )

am I right in thinking if I paid it within 28 days it can be removed from my credit file? Or is it 14 days?

I would then be looking at Sky to compensate me my money when my proof is there.

I’m just worried this delay from Sky is a cover up for the proof I need and I’m going to be stuck with this for 6 years .

Thanks! 

paid within 28days get it removed from the public register of judgements. Yes.

but you are slipping again...

sky are nothing to do with the judgement nor who took you to court..

there is not 'cover-up' upon sky behalf nor any need for them to do so...they sold the debt..wiped their hands of it.

had you written to everyone on your credit file ...updating them with your correct and current address, you would not be in this .... i would have thought you would have learned this from all the passed dealing on debts/CCJ's here. even if it was just a friends address till you settle.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok thanks Dx.

I just meant is there any chance of claiming it from sky considering I don’t owe this debt .

I will be updating Lowell with my address this week via post.

Is there certain wording I must include so they can’t mark me as “acknowledging debts” thanks ! 

Update :

received a county court letter today saying the claim has been transferred to my local county court to deal with the application for the order of setting it aside .

Also someone at Sky has informed me they have the comms notes about my requested cancellation ,

however I did mention on that phone call I had no money no possessions etc to pay any cancellation fee..

weeks after that my ex partner tried to change the name etc on the account and continued to pay the account which kept it live..

the sky representative told me there was an indemnity on the account from 2017 and a substantial amount of money was claimed back ( obviously not from me ) .. so.. where do I stand with this one ?

Apparently sky have proof they emailed me about this indemnity but I can’t remember reading any emails from them .... 

await the N180.

so should be  a walk in the part of theres proof you were not there and someone tried to change the name on the account.

this is why it was so important to await the SAR BEFORE you sent the N244 off!>

would be nice to see your N244 and statement.

a letter simply informing debt owners you have moved cannot reset any debt SB date.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I know that now.. sorry!

Just another quick question please .. so if this set aside hearing goes ahead and if by somehow the claimant manages to win ( doubtful)

would that reset the 28 days to pay it in full to remove the CCJ or is it a case that has to be paid from 28 days of the original court hearing (2nd March) .

If I have to fill anything else in I will try and get everything scanned and put on here for you to see. Thanks!

On 10/03/2022 at 10:28, dx100uk said:

I wouldn't worry about paying an old ccj. They arent chasing and paying a ccj outside of the 1 month does not remove it. A satisfied ccj is as bad as a non one with regards credit. It still kills it for 6yrs.

Please read my last post and answer my questions

Dx

Sorry to quote but have done for easy reference ...

in regards to the old stagnant ccj..

in 2019 this was also a back door CCJ from a property vacated in 2015 .

The date on the judgement date in 2019

I can prove I was in a really bad mental state this was only a couple of months prior to a sectioning and hospital stay.

Would that be grounds to set it aside and use my affordability check as a reasonable grounds for defence?

Thanks 

best create a new thread for this other ccj

dx

and they

1 hour ago, dx100uk said:

await the N180.

Have to wait and see if the application to set a side is successful before any allocation.

1 hour ago, Cosmicdancer said:

I know that now.. sorry! Just another quick question please .. so if this set aside hearing goes ahead and if by somehow the claimant manages to win ( doubtful) would that reset the 28 days to pay it in full to remove the CCJ  No or is it a case that has to be paid from 28 days of the original court hearing (2nd March) . Yes If I have to fill anything else in I will try and get everything scanned and put on here for you to see. Thanks!

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

opps getting ahead of myself...

and they

• 2 weeks later...

I have received the SAR request via email . It’s a Dropbox link with a password.

Within a minute of searching I found a confirmation of cancellation with a cancellation date .

Would you like to see this?

Is this the only proof I will need or should I dig further?

Thanks!

Were you not also lndicating you were not living there when a reclaim was made?

On 23/03/2022 at 10:16, Cosmicdancer said:

Update : received a county court letter today saying the claim has been transferred to my local county court to deal with the application for the order of setting it aside .

Also someone at Sky has informed me they have the comms notes about my requested cancellation , however I did mention on that phone call I had no money no possessions etc to pay any cancellation fee.. weeks after that my ex partner tried to change the name etc on the account and continued to pay the account which kept it live..

the sky representative told me there was an indemnity on the account from 2017 and a substantial amount of money was claimed back ( obviously not from me ) .. so.. where do I stand with this one ?

Apparently sky have proof they emailed me about this indemnity but I can’t remember reading any emails from them .... 

and they

Yes that’s correct but there isn’t anything in the SAR that mentions anything about a reclaim from what I’ve seen so far .. just state seements with direct debit reversals .

I’ve got recorded phone calls from this year in regards to me containing any information 

the sky representative has said someone tried to change address etc after cancellation but none of this is on my SAR.

What do I need to do now then in regards to this not at address thing?

They don’t have the phone recordings from back then . Just the cancellation letter and then statements from the months that follow . 

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing block of text

Please take the trouble to space your posts in sentences. With blank lines

and they

Sorry .. i will do in the future.

I’ve called Northampton county court to ask how to submit this further evidence and they said they basically can’t help me with anything because it’s now at my local court..

Does this mean it’s been allocated for a hearing? 

Also referring to my previous post , what reasonable steps can I take now to get this to an easy as possible victory please? 

Thanks!

why not ask us...

you are awaiting allocation 

dx

and they

Ok I will ask.. should I submit this letter confirming the cancellation?

If so where to and how? 

As far as the proving I wasn’t at the address ..

I’ve got the most recent phone call as a .mp3 file from a Sky agent who told me she could see someone had tried to change the details on the account etc ..

however this was not in any of my SAR .. ( only the .mp3 with what she told me )

thanks...

Edited by Cosmicdancer

in your statement, when the time comes.

• Like 1

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I have been given a court date . 25th May 2022.

However no further forms to fill in?

It’s a telephone hearing.

I’ve spoke to the court and I can submit further evidence via email .

So should I send my confirmation of cancellation letter ( 2016?) how can I go and prove i didn’t claim this money back and I wasn’t there?

Or will be cancellation letter be sufficient ? Thanks!

Edited by Cosmicdancer
Spaces for dx

However no further forms to fill in?

Please scan redact and upload a copy of your Notice of Hearing (N244) then we can confirm the courts directions in preparation of the hearing.

Andy.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Correct...is there not a second page advising what documents or statement to submit ?  or did you submit a full defence with your application ?

That's your application n244...nothing on the reverse of the N244a Notice of Hearing  ?

Nope nothing just my name and address ( was used in the window of the envelope ) 

I don’t know why on my copy of application there is no boxes ticked for how I’d like to deal with the case e.g hearing , telephone etc ..

I filled in 3 separate forms word for word and sent them to the court because of no access to photocopier 

I ticked at a hearing so don’t know what’s happened there