Chingford Railway station our car got hit.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 709 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All. 

Sorry if this is not the correct place. 

Yesterday at some point my partners car got hit. It was at Chingford railway station. This is not the normal place he would park. Normally he would use Woodford. 

Our car was hit and for some reason the dash cameras did not pick up anything, it has front and rear camera. We think when Halfords installed the cameras they did not set the sensitivity high enough. We know the car was white and it has caused damage to the back right of the car above the wheel arch there is paint transfer denting and scratches. No note was left.

Is there a way we can get some type of access to the cctv footage we are just wanting to know the number plate of the car that hit it. It was parked right outside the doors to the station with 2 staff parking bays to one side. Opposite to the station there are also some council run cctv on the road running past the train station. The car parking at the station is run by NCP.

BTW l say our as its the family car but my partner is the only driver ATM in the house. 

What is everybody's thoughts please. 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

find IF there are any CCTV cameras and see if one covers the area where it was parked.

then approach the owners or ask at the ticket office in the station for info of who to approach, you can't be the 1st person to ask.

can't hurt to also report it or at least ring the local police station and ask they will know. 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There are several. He parked right outside the door. He says a 360 camera was right opposite where he parked. Along with several railway station and NCP cameras. 

Are they allowed to hand over the footage or will they just say no. 

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

i would doubt the 360 cameras are anything to do with parking, those would be anpr ones on entry/exit, those 360 ones are probably LT anti-crime and the station office will know who to approach, yes you can get the footage or ask for relevant footage.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Based on some basic info he has found the 360 one opposite might be council. As friends and family who live in an around London, tho not in Chingford,  has said the ANPR are a different shape. 

Looks like l am having lots of fun tomorrow. 

an anpr camera is at ent/exit only.

and they

been banging my head against a brick wall as no one picked up the phone.. 

ok so been in contact with NCP. Lee, the guy on chat claims they have no cameras there including anpr as its pay and display which we know its not. 

cant find a phone number for the station and tfl wont give us one despite saying we need to call them. 

Would love to but we live about 6 hours away round trip so its not a just pop out and speak to them.. 

and they

I had tried the phone number but lam going round in circles. They keep saying that l have to contact the MET police for footage, MET say not its a train station so BTP, BTP has said its TFL.

The TFL guy was very rude and told me l should learn to park as women cant drive. I have his name and l requested the complaints procedure as l am not having his behaviour.

Anyway spoke to a very nice lovely lady who has given us the details for the FOI contact saying she does not understand why l was not given this in first place and that its surprising how many times they give the details out.

Estimated cost of damage repair is £3k how the hell did they not know they had hit the car and caused damage l dont know. 

Hello All.

Been trying to get a name of person who l send the FOI request to but several people cant tell me. 1 even claimed he had never heard of it and l dont know what l am talking about. Why do the rude ones only come out when l am on the phone. I have been asked to provided as much information as possible regarding the car and description of the driver and passenger. 

Anyway if someone can look over this and see if what l have put is ok then l would be grateful. 

Dear Sir or Madam or To Whom it may concern. 

FOI request Chingford railway station CCTV

While parked at your train station car park on Saturday 5th March 2022 between the hours of 2pm and 8pm our car was hit. We parked right outside the front doors. The driver did not leave any note or contact details. 

My car a a Blue XXXXXX with the registration of XXXX. 

I am the driver wearing Blue Jeans Black Hooded top Black trainer Glasses and Black hoodie with Liverpool crest on it and beard. I also put my black padded coat on while in car park which l took from the back seat. 
Passenger clean shaven wearing Dark Jeans, Grey hoodie saying Wales and trainers.

We would be grateful if you could provide via dvd/memory stick the CCTV from between 2pm and 8pm on the 5th specifically the incident of the car being hit with the registration number of the Vehicle that hit us. 

Please send it to 

The GodMother

Mafia road 

Mafia town 

Mafia County 

MA1 FIA. 

Regards 

The God Mother. 

Obviously l will put the full car details and the correct address in. If l have missed anything then please let me know. 

Thank you. 

Anyone???

• 1 month later...

So banging my head against a brick wall is being more productive. TFL are being about as helpful as a chocolate teapot.

Keep getting told not my department and passed about with today being told they had passed this onto Arriva over a month ago but cant give me any contact details for the person as they are currently on emergency family leave.

Asked to speak to whoever is covering the work load to be told they have not got anyone doing that. I have been given a name of someone but that person cant access the details as they don't have them as they don't have the relative clearance under data controller procedures.

Looked on google and contacted company's listed as near the train station but no one can help me as a lot of the info is out of date from the pictures of the road phone numbers or even if the company is still there. 

Local council Still has not replied to my email and they dont have a phone number l can speak to them on except for parking tickets and that department wont talk to my partner or l regarding help as its not a parking ticket
Even trawled facebook looking for a admin of some facebook group asking if anyone can help to get either ignored or abuse back

What now. 

@dx100uk Any advise please. 

TFL Link for FOI:  (look at the right side of the webpage 'Make a request online')

It may also be useful to make a complaint about TFL actions to date to the London Mayor office about how unhelpful they have been:

WWW.LONDON.GOV.UK

Information on how to make a complaint.

As for your issue of Police involvement of reporting this incident I would stand firm and report it to both BTP and Met Police as you are unaware who is the Landowner of where the car was parked at the time of this incident and insist that they request the footage of this incident on XX/XX/2022 between XXXX & XXXX time as this is classed as a Hit and Run which is a Criminal Act.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Stu. 

If you had read what l put then you would see l have made the TFL foi request but no one would take responsibility for it and then got told after nearly 2 months it had been passed to Arriva as they are responsible for the station. 

Arriva have said the person covering the work load is not able to help as they are not DPA/GDPR cleared for the CCTV accessing and paperwork signing for accessing. The relivent person is on Emergency leave. 

The MET and BTP have said they dont have time or resources to deal with this which both TFL and Arriva are not suprised with. 

The MET and BTP dont seem to be caring a crime has happened as these smaller things dont make them look good. 

Further to this they do only keep footage for 31 days so any footage now would be lost. According to Arriva and the emailed paperworķ l have provided by TFL. So Police wonnt be able to get anything. 

Oh and from what l am aware Arriva own the land of the car park, some of the buildings around the carpark and the station building with some stuff in it, as in the stairs seating etc anything not TFL branded really. TFL rent the station building and stuff of them each month. They dont rent the car park or buildings around the station. 

I am going to be putting a complaint in but want to make sure l have everything covered so l can put 1 mass complaint in so that he cant come back and say l cant help until you have contacted XXXXX or you need to have waited XXXX before l can step in. 

NO Arriva excuse that the person that deals with DPA/GDPR is on Emergency Leave is a get out clause as they leagally need to have a 'Data Protection Officer' that deals with these requests it is a legal requirement so that excuse does not wash and I do hope you have that response from them either in writing or email to make a complain to the Information Commissioners Ofice (ICO). 

So you complain to Arriva that they have failed with your FOI within the required time limit and neither asked your permission for an extension to that time limit and only given you an excuse that the person dealing with DPA/GDPR is on Emergency Leave when they legally need to have a Data Protection Officer to deal with such requests and require clarification how they are going to deal with your legal request before reporting there failure to the Information Commissioners Office.

I also require a copy of your Arriva Public Liability Insurance for that specific area.

ICO Complaints link:

ICO.ORG.UK

If you have a concern about the way an organisation has handled your personal information or you have an issue accessing information from a...

As for the Police again you don't let this lot 'oh sorry to busy to deal with more important things to deal with' you as I have said insist or demand to speak to the duty officer that your car was involved in a Hit and Run which is a Criminal Act and require them to log this incident as legally required as you need that reference number from them and you do this with both BTP and Met Police.

(you need that reference number as you will need to report this to your insurer and that reference number is important that you have reported a Hit and Run which is a Criminal Act to the Police) don't let them fob you off you need this.

Note: I dealt with CCTV and it is a legal requirement for a Business of this size to always have a Data Protection/Compliance Officer in place even if one goes on emergency leave their must always be a Data Protection/Compliance Officer in place and that includes covering CCTV and request under DPA/GDPR for the Data from that CCTV. 

If they can't comply they must give you a specific reason whether it means extending the time limit with your permission, or that Data need to be requested via the Police (in this case it will be as that data includes other they can't delete and only the Police can view that specific CCTV footage).

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I did not request the information from Arriva. Tfl did. I was not aware that it was a arriva station until last week, Wednesday 27th. So in theroy TFL have not dealt wìth my request. 

From what l am aware TFL did not pass my contact details on just the basic details eg the date time station and car details.

I say that as my name is not on the request TFL customer services is no person just the customer services and the customer services phone number. 

If a extention was asked for then no one spoke to me about it and TFL has my Mobile number email address and home address. 

As l have been lead to believe the footage is only accessable for a month or 31 days so as it is now nearly 2 months or 59 days then l dont no if they have footage. 

Hence why l asked for further advice. Dx had proviously beèn helping. 

Arriva are quite a big company, so they will have staff with relevant authority who can access Any CCTV.  If it were important enough for them, they would have staff from another station attend Chingford to search for the CCTV and if available provide a copy.

My thoughts are that you are not important enough to them, so they are not bothered in assisting you.

Contact ICO to ask what can be done to ensure Arriva comply with DPA.  They need to be able to comply with DPA requests as per the law.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

So even tho l did not make the arriva request l can complain about them. 

I would have thought that the complaint was about TFL.