After some years as a Hermes customer with no issues, they finally lost a £48 parcel

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 721 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

me like you has trouble looking without glasses ..

the laugh was at them not you.

i would have expected a response if you did ask for your £18 back by now

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It's not pointless if you're prepared to take court action.

Even though it is only £18, it is your money not theirs. You would have to issue a court claim and pay the claim fee but you would get that back. However you would have to be determined and see it through to the end.

We can help you – but this is a self-help site so we give you lots of advice and support and advise you on the quality of the letters that you send out or the claim that you make but you have to be up for it.

I understand that maybe you're not feeling very well but I'm afraid that that is the best we can do – but it is pretty good and you won't get this level of help from anybody else – even a solicitor.

Would you like to start a court claim against EVRi for the loss of your parcel

Well I came back here thinking I should interact and state time has passed but felt this was not gonna happen. No real response when I did comment back. EVRi did exactly the same thing, sent me a message saying they would contact me and then did nothing in the time frame stated. 

I'm living on a day to day basis and tackling what I can, when I can. I don't have money to play with. I don't have energy to give away.

I'm sorry I bothered you. 

It's no bother at all. And I'm sorry that we can't help you more .

If you feel better later then come back because you can bring your claim anytime within the next 6 years .

It seems to me that you have placed too much hope and trust in EVRi expecting them to come back to you and to take an interest in your last .

I'll have

They have no interest in your loss other than avoid reimbursing you

so reluctantly i check in today to see what the deal is with this... and it turns out the item sold was eventually delivered 10 days ago, 6 or 7 weeks later. So I have called ebay and messaged the buyer. Tracking shows a photo of the parcel with my return address showing, going thru a letterbox.

buyer - hasn't said a word but has long been full refunded
ebay - insist they have no dealing with this after 30 days
evri/EVRi - have nothing to say

so now it looks like they can just pretend your parcel is lost for 2 months and wash their hands of you

I really can't be handling this :( and instead of clicking Submit Reply, I accidentally click the blue button on an advert below and I am being ushered to speak to an automated 5 solicitors online "Just Answer" and told to pay £5. What the hell is going on :(

We carry Google advertising in order to make ourselves a bit of revenue to pay our bills to keep on going.

There is nothing we can do about the kinds of advertisements that are posted. That is down to Google but I'm afraid that without them we wouldn't exist at all.

As you said, – you accidentally clicked.

If you clicked on the quick links then this would not happen.

You should decide whether or not you want to continue with this and make a claim.

If you want to go ahead then of course we will be here to support you

I am trying to put some energy into this to clear it up. I have done nothing wrong and two multi million pound companies are acting as if they don't have to speak. I have no idea if the buyer is going to either but I am £48 out of pocket.

Yes, I understand completely what you were saying. It is exhausting and it should be completely unnecessary .

Have you tried to contact your purchaser?

So don't keep us guessing. What did he say?

Presumably then you have the name and address.

Is it a house? Is it a residential address?

For 3 pounds you can check the ownership of the address to see if it belongs to them by going to the land registry web search service.

https://search-property-information.service.gov.uk/?_ga=2.40735461.655834345.1650973155-1500751136.1627887581

It will help to know if they have some assets although the amount of money owed is so small I can't imagine they would make any trouble.

I would then suggest that you write them a letter and point out to them that you have evidence that they have received the parcel and also they have received a refund.

Not only are you proposing to contact their local police force about possible fraud but also you will be bringing a county court claim against them which will include not only the value of the refund but also court costs and interest.

If you'd like to do that then we can help you

I suggest that you try and record the call. Read our customer services guide

Well if you would like to start to put pressure on the purchaser then we can help you .

However, it will mean that you have to make a threat of legal action and if your money is not sent back to you then you will have to begin the claim .

It is very straightforward and you have a very high chance of success.

I can see by the tone of your posts here that you are very dispirited – and I don't think anybody can blame you.

However, this is something that we can't give you support on and if you want to go ahead and take action then I think that your posts need to be more pragmatic. I'm sure it's difficult to be positive in their circumstances but that's what is needed here.

Well that's me persecuted for having depression, trying to rebuild and being robbed along the way.

oh and I did some digging last night on the persons name and address. turns out they are running a company (listed at the address on company house) and have a facebook page, from their house address. also the door/letterbox in the tracking proof photo matches the door at the address on google streetview. 

eBay - worth just over $30 billion (april 2022) couldn't care less after 30 days (policy)
EVRi - worth £749 million (april 2019) turned over £850 million the following year. (uncontactable pretty much)
This persons company - unknown worth but has a minor triple figure following on facebook and a very nice looking website, well made. (Seemingly ignoring multiple contact attempts)

I have finally managed to make contact with EVRi/Evri by going via the tech support for collection points line who transferred me to a real person. They have set an investigation starting with the delivery driver because the buyer has claimed no receipt of the parcel. 

The reality here as I know it :

I did nothing wrong. Lost goods, lost funds. 
Buyer did nothing wrong. (until now where EVRi say they delivered the parcel and they deny it, which doesn't mean they have done anything wrong)

eBay did nothing wrong according to their policy. Refunded the buyer in good time. A shame they have a careless attitude since they forced the hand and have no intentions of helping resolve the situation they intended to profit from and in my opinion are owed for, from the purchase and failure of purchase.

EVRi held parcel somehow for 6-7 weeks. In that time did nothing they were supposed to do after giving me and accepting back the completed claim for and ignoring it beyond the 30 days they were supposed to deal with it in. Closed the case for customer support to contact me. Nothing happened. They have contract with eBay via Packlink and know full well this parcel would be refunded under eBay policy so had NO rights ignoring me and my claim and then giving the parcel to the intended recipient, way beyond deadline.

eBay could have helped connect with EVRi.
The buyer either did nothing wrong or indeed got the parcel and is lying.
EVRi failed at numerous points.

I did nothing wrong. I still think EVRi are the key failure here, even if the buyer lies and indeed got the parcel. That issue is for EVRi to deal with given facts. They knew.

I thought you said that there was a photograph of it being delivered

Well, I think that if EVRi says that it was delivered as I'm sure they will do, then your only solution will be to proceed against the purchaser

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 721 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks