• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Hx Parking/gladstones CCJ - Exceeded 1hrs Free - McDonald's Alma Leisure Park Chesterfield CCJ issued thanks to useless parking fines ltd ***Claim Dismissed***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I need some help i went to McDonald's Chesterfield where i had meal and stayed there around 1 hour it was November 2020.

After few days i received parking charge notice to pay which was £65. I found a website called parking fines ltd who claimed that they deal with these cases for £18 and they have very high win rate.

I paid to the company the company filed appeal to HX parking ltd,  which was rejected since then this company advised me that only contact them when i received claim form from CCBC.

In March I received N1SDT form from CCBC then I asked Parking Fine Ltd to help which they refused and asked more money which I rejected but they agreed to send me written defence which I filed via email in March.

Since then Parking Fine Ltd company dissolved and I didn't hear anything from the County Court Business Centre as well.

Yesterday I rang them to find out that if there is any update on my case, to my surprise they told me that the address for the security question is not the same as the address they hold.

I have told them that I have never changed my address since I sent my defense also till march I was receiving all the correspondence to my genuine address from Hx parking ltd and from CCBC as well.

To my surprise they also told me that they issued CcJs in June which I never received because of wrong address.

I have checked my full credit report and there is nothing unusual no new address or CcJs.

The CCBC say that they are investigating that how this address got changed.

First I was thinking that maybe Parking Fine Ltd provided their address but upon checking their website data they based in Sheffield but the address County Court Business Centre hold is in Derbyshire and CCJ also sent to Derbyshire address.

Any advice in this situation what shall I do next.

Thanks in advance

• dx100uk changed the title to Hx Parking Ltd CCJ issued thanks to www.parkingfines.co.uk scammers!!
  • dx100uk changed the title to Hx Parking Ltd CCJ issued thanks to useless parkingfines ltd scammers!!

Bankfodder

yes I am with this forum on and off.

When this parking charge arrived I was thinking to challenge it while searching on google I cam a cross this Parking Fine Ltd who were claiming that they have 100% success rate if not successful they offer money back

I know I made mistake now I am on this mess.

Dx100uk ok let me figure out and fill all the info

Name of the Claimant : HX Parking Management LTD

Claimants Solicitors: Gladstone Solicitors

Date of issue – 5 March 2021

Date for AOS: Not sent

Date to submit Defence - 15 March 2021

What is the claim for – Parking Charge Notice

(Particulars of Claim are in the box to the left of the N1 page 1)

**IMPORTANT** WE NEED TO SEE THE FULL POC MINUS YOUR PERS DETAILS>> NOT AN ABRIDGED VERSION**THIS MUST INCLUDE THE LOCATION

What is the value of the claim?

Amount Claimed £165.41

court fees £25.00

legal rep fees £50.00

Total Amount 240.41

• dx100uk changed the title to Hx Parking/gladstones CCJ - Exceeded 1hrs Free - McDonald's Chesterfield CCJ issued thanks to useless parkingfines ltd scammers!!
  • dx100uk changed the title to Hx Parking/gladstones CCJ - Exceeded 1hrs Free - McDonald's Alma Leisure Park Chesterfield CCJ issued thanks to useless parkingfines ltd scammers!!

FTMDave

I mentioned there that I have checked parking fine ltd website look up and I did not find any address in Derbyshire.

Also I pointed it out that till march I was getting all letters to my original address after sending defence via email the all correspondence stopped until i rang to find out what's going on with my case 

FTMDave what I have failed to tell I think here in this forum I have even clarified more. If you look at my first post I have mentioned when N1SDT Form arrived PFL asked more money which I refused and I filed the defence by myself which PFL sent. 

I am not sure who's mistake because PFL dissolved so I could not contact them again. Still I am unsure because PFL never involved in court case they were involved only to appeal to the original creditor. 

Dx100uk the particular of claims 

1.The driver of the vehicle with registration .... (The vehicle) parked in breach of the terms of parking stipulated on the signage (the contract) at Alma Leisure Park Derby Road chesterfield on 21/08/2020 thus incurring the parking charge (the PCN). The PCN was not paid within 28 days of issue.

2.The claimant claims the unpaid PCN from the defendant as the driver/keeper of the vehicle. Despite demands being made , the defendant has failed to settle their outstanding liability.

The claimant claims

£100 for the PCN

£60 contractual Costs pursuant to the contract and PCN terms and conditions,

together with statuary interest of £5.41 pursuant to s69 of the county courts act 1984 at 8.00% pet annum, continuing of £0.04 pet day

PS I have full credit report nothing unusual no CcJs no new address

Also I am visiting the site as well I been there there were no clear signage I went to McDonald's night time where I had meal I have proof of bank statement for that night when I went to McDonald's. 

Edited by Digital_2012

Looking at this article there is 5 hours free parking and I exceeded 1hour??

WWW.DERBYSHIRETIMES.CO.UK

A Chesterfield taxi driver says he dropped off a customer at a leisure park in the town – and ended up...

Hi I have received a reply from CCBC below is their reply

Good afternoon,

I have now changed the address to the one listed below,

After looking at the case i can see that as we did not receive the completed Directions Questionnaire by 4pm on 24/06/2021 the Defence has now been struck out and judgment has now been entered.

the below is now relevant:

The defence has been struck out and Judgment was entered against you. If you want to contest the claim you will need to apply to set judgment aside and re-instate the defence. You can use an N244 Application, which should be accompanied by a completed DQ. You will need to explain why you didn't file your Directions Questionnaire in time and why you feel you should still be allowed to contest the claim.

You can download forms from www.gov.uk. If the claim against you was for over £10,000 complete an N181 Directions Questionnaire; for claims of £10,000 or under, please attach an N180 form. You will need to provide one copy of the application for each defendant, one copy for the claimant and one copy for the court. There is a £275 court fee, payable by cheque or postal order to HMCTS or by card by calling the Helpdesk between 9am and 3:15pm. If you are applying as an individual rather than on behalf of a company and you cannot afford to pay this fee you can check if you are eligible for help with fees by downloading the EX160A booklet.

You can also apply for help with fees online at https://www.gov.uk/get-help-with-court-fees Please note, applications are not automatically granted. The outcome of your application is at the discretion of the District Judge or court appointed Legal Advisor. If you require any further information, please contact our helpdesk on the number above. Alternatively, you can email us at [email protected]. Please ensure that you state the above case number in the subject heading of your email.
Edited by Digital_2012

I am from Sheffield the chesterfield council website I looking for planning permission for HX parking could not get much info. My credit report not showing anything even I paid for daily updates. Gathering other info signs cameras etc

I will ring them tomorrow there are some cameras I have seen one you enter the car park the other one when u going out from the car park I could not see any kind of writing on them 

I have found these 2 cameras at Alma Leisure Park for McDonald's

cameras.pdf

Edited by Digital_2012

• AndyOrch changed the title to Hx Parking/gladstones CCJ - Exceeded 1hrs Free - McDonald's Alma Leisure Park Chesterfield CCJ issued thanks to useless parkingfines ltd .

Ok I have been trying to contact the contact the council but they are not picking the phone up. 

Now I have sent them an email asking for the required information.

On other hand I need some information regarding the CCJ Judgement already made. So if we get the required information from council then what's our next step. 

To put a case set aside I already applied help with the fees and got the reference number as well

Update 

Finally spoke to someone from chesterfield council planning help desk she told me that it's registered in Nottingham land registry and shes is not sure if it's managed by council. She has sent an email to get details then they going to ring me

I have received phone call the lady on the phone instruct me to get the electronic copies of register and planning she says this is what she can tell me nothing more

Till 5th October 2021 there is no Information about camera and signs permission granted. Because we are talking about past PCN charge that time it was not granted permission then if there is pending application for permission would that still matter?