Money Program on BBC2

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just caught the last 10 minutes of the money program which was all about bank charges, Cant beleive I missed the first 20!!!! LOL

Basically had some people working out how much it actually costs the bank to process our wrongdoings.

£4.50 maximum for a bounced cheque

£2.50 maximum for failed DD's and going over your authorised overdraft!!!

Any more comments from people who maybe saw the whole thing????

I saw it all.

It was the best yet. Made the whole issue of reclaiming pretty easy to understand. Stephen was a star.. Even the guy from the OFT sounds like he's on our side. Wish i'd taped it

mairi

• Haha 1

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Someone please tip my scales.........I feel like a VIRGIN !!!!

• Haha 1

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

On BBC One this morning Martyn Lewis was on talking about unlawful bank charges. So there has been a lot of press coverage today and a lot more people will also become aware of what the banks are doing day light robery from their customers.

yes, saw the trailer for this earlier today, the contributions from the OFT and Ombudsman were uplifting:) £4.50!!!

The barrister made it clear that the charges were unlawful, I would have liked some meniton of the Limitations Act but maybe a keen journo type will come back to that one.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

£4.50 was the UPPER limit.......the UTMOST they could envisage it costing........even that is a disgrace for a computer letter........lets hope the banks don't feel thats an invitation to set at £4.50 across the board for something that costs a few pence for a stamp !!!

I hope CAG are gonna buy some extra internet servers with all the dosh hopefully comin thier way, cos after that prog, their gonna be workin overtime !!!

For anyone on Telewest cable TV, the programme is available via Teleport Replay until next Monday.

I had missed it myself, so I'm just going to sit down and watch it!

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.