Independent Jewellers - help please!!

jodieb

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got a necklace as a gift from an independent jewellers and it was faulty so we took it back and they gave me vouchers to exchange it for. A few months later they still didn't have anything too great in there but wanted to get something to at least, so chose a bracelet which was a bit tight so they said they'd get a couple of links put in, when I went back a week after they said it would be back, it was a really bad job and I said I wasn't at all happy with it. I asked for a full refund due to the time and the quality of the job. They said their policy is vouchers or exchange only, no refunds are given. The woman in the shop then became very rude and even insulted me. I said I'd gone there in good faith but now I wished I'd gone to a high street retailer instead.

Does anyone know where i stand on this? They've sent it back to get the links re-done, and they sent it to me, but i'm really not wanting to keep it. It cost £100 and I don't think it's worth that amount. I really want a refund but don't know my rights in this situation.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jodie

I'd be pushing for a refund, they are not supposed to offer only vouchers/exchange - fine if it is for an item you don't like but yours was faulty so under SOGA you are entitled to a refund. I don't know the time scale of your situation but I would write and request your money back under SOGA and give them 14 days to respond, if they don't refund send them a letter before action and then issue a summons if you still have no joy. The only trouble is you accepted the alternative item and allowed them to put that right - not sure how that will impact...hopefully someone will be along soon, but you've got nothing to loose by writing to them.

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!