Lowell claim form - old very cat debt ***Claim Discontinued***

Mdot43
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

we have agreed to mediation and have received a text yesterday saying to expect a call tomorrow.

Lowells also sent a letter asking to settle for £450 which we haven't responded to, they state that very destroyed the device after we didn't remove it from the 'find my phone' app.

We did not have any record of the device being on the app this end as the reason it was returned was because it was faulty.

They say because of this Very did not accept the return. 

Any tips on tackling the call tomorrow or just stick to our guns that we aren't paying for a device we don't have. 

the lowell letter is a std one, have you not been reading up in the downtime?

they not provided any paperwork like signed agreement. default notice etc that you requested??

you do not HAVE to mediate.

you have no paperwork so cant make informed decision

refuse on the phone

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

thank you for the reply, yes I did a lot of the reading and was aware it was a standard response by them so we didn't respond, I just thought I'd mention it for completion and future people who go through the same process.

They still haven't supplied the paperwork I requested originally, so no signed agreement or default notice received.  I will tell the mediator that when they call. We have now also passed the 120 days statutory compliance time limit (on 151 now since I sent the letter) so I will mention that also. 

what statutory compliance 120 days?

simply tell the mediator the claimant has failed to provide you enough information to meaningfully enter any mediation process.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

How did Very destroy the item is there any proof of this destruction. 
Can Apple provide any confirmation of its destruction. 
Just a thought but have you tried contacting apple for All data re you including the watch 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 2 months later...

Update - so we received a court letter stating we needed to produce witness statements by 4pm Tomorrow. 

Just checked my email to get some documents to include and there was an emailed notice of discontinuance! 

WE WON!!!!!!!!!!! 

Thank you everyone for your help off to donate but thought I would update as I've done so much reading on here and hate not knowing how they work out. 

Nice one and well done. I would check with courts that it is really disxontinued as would not put it past lowell to lie. 

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

They close at 4 l think but as l said l.would not put it past lowells. 

:becky: As expected...topic title updated but as advised check with the court to see if they have been informed ...if not you may still have to submit a statement and evidence just to be on the safe side.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• AndyOrch changed the title to Lowell claim form - old very cat debt ***Claim Discontinued***

well done!!

thanks for the donation ...:yo:

and they

Did u contact the courts.

Thats good. Congrats again 

• Like 1

@AndyorchJust a question it is related to this but more general as well. 

Could Mdot or any other defendant ask the courts to award costs against the discontinuing party once it has got to this stage. 

Mdot has incurred research time costs as well as other time costs like paperwork etc. 

Afraid not GM as this is Small Claims Track and CPR 38.6 is not applicable.

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread