Hermes suck

Ryles
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 759 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks

I’ve had a problem with Hermes recently, like so many others from what I read on this forum and I’d like your opinion on how to proceed.

The short version is:

I purchased a Hi-Fi from Amazon worth £378…it didn’t work so tried to send it back.

Hermes lost it. 

I have paid for the insurance, but it only covers me up to £300. 

I made a claim over 28 days ago, but Hermes have decided to try and ignore me.

Today I rang them threatening legal action.

They are now suddenly very interested in finding my lost parcel, however the item no longer has any value as the seller will no longer consider a refund as the refund window has now closed.

My question is this: do I bother mentioning this in my initial letter of intent, will it harm my case declaring the item no longer has any value due to the delay?

Appreciate any feedback

complaint letter

letter of claim

court claim

100's of hermes threads here identical to yours

never use the phone nor chat writing only

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No problem about suing Hermes here – but if you know the seller, then why don't you see the seller? They have a responsibility to have the item delivered to you. It's part of the contract of sale.

just to clarify the HiFI had already been delivered to me (the buyer) and I was attempting to return to the seller for a refund (because it never worked).

The window for return has closed now. 

I'm worried Hermes will now find the parcel but technically it no longer has any value.

Think i can still take them to court even they don't guarantee a time frame for delivery? 

Was the seller a commercial seller?

I don't understand what you mean by "the window".

Why don't you give us some dates so that we get a perspective of the time friends here.

And also, who is it who organised the return label et cetera

it was a brand new item purchased through Amazon using a third party market place seller.

I ordered it on 21 November 2021and got delivered by DPD the next day...it stopped working a few weeks later

the return window closed on 1st Feb 2022. 

Its usually just 30 days but Amazon was offering an extended window for the festive season i presume.

as far as timeline for what happened with hermes is concerned: 

11th January 2022 – carriage purchased along with full £300 insurance

12th January 2022 – parcel collected by local courier

16th January 2022 – delivery attempted and failed as business was closed

(No further attempts to deliver or update provided since 18th January)

20th January 2022 – contacted Hermes support to check status

21st January 2022 – contacted Hermes support to chase status and request support - none offered

24th January 2022 – contacted Hermes support to chase status and request further support - none offered

26th January 2022 – contacted Hermes support to clarify status and advised parcel lost and to make claim

26th January 2022 – claim form submitted and advised response due within 28 days – never heard back

28th February 2022 - contacted Hermes support to chase claim status – unsatisfactory response given

Edited by Ryles

You haven't addressed the question as to how the return was arranged

oh I had to pay to return it myself, the seller did not offer a return service (it's a large item). 

I chose Hermes because of the cost, it was £50+ with DPD with insurance, Hermes was £21 but at least i did pay fore the max insurance. 

Do you have any evidence that it was defective?

Well there's some lessons.
If this kind of thing never happens again, first of all understand that it is the duty of the seller to organise the return. By organising yourself you have sacrificed a lot of rights.
Secondly, you should go to some lengths to make sure that you have evidence of the failure of the item.

On the basis of what you have told us, and the fact that you haven't taken any precautions to protect yourself then yes, you will have to sue Hermes.

As suggested by my site team colleague above, read up the Hermes stories on this sub- forum.

Make a complaint – give them about 10 days to decline or to ignore you and then we will help you issue a letter of claim.

Do the reading

You're quite wrong. If they find the parcel and it is defective then your case is against the dealer. The dealer is liable and continues to be liable for up to 6 years from the date of the breach of contract.

I'm not sure where you are getting your information from. Not from here I hope

I'm thinking it will be easier to go after Hermes and prove to the court the seller will not accept a return due to time scale than it will be to prove that an item that has been sitting in a warehouse for 2 months wasn't working when I received it.    Anyway let's see if they manage to find it...