Energy supplier instructed bailiffs to burglarise my home for an economy 7 meter | Good Energy @goodenergy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Energy supplier instructed bailiffs to burglarise my home for an economy 7 meter | Good Energy @goodenergy

Whilst at work, two energy supplier appointed bailiffs, drilled through the locks of both my porch and front doors. In doing so they caused irreparable damage to my homes locks, doors, hinges and door mechanisms. The bailiffs had been instructed by the energy supplier to install a smart meter. They stole the original locks of my doors and my utility 7 meter. They also had free reign of my property and may have stolen other items from my home.

I called and explained to the energy supplier that I was never a customer of theirs. I was not the person mentioned on any of their letters and most importantly I would not have been mentioned on the warrant.

The energy supplier replied that my name did not have to be mentioned on the warrant. A warrant had been lawfully obtained from a court and the bailiffs were acting legally to “force” entry into my home.

I asked the utility company for evidence of the warrant because I must contest it. They then began back tracking and stating that they would have to contact their bailiff for this information. Surely, they should have this information in front of them. They then wanted to know my personal details, such as my full name and telephone number. I declined to share my personal information with a company which behaves unlawfully. 

I am still in shock that this happened to me. I now have to find thousands of pounds to replace both doors. Where do I go from here to obtain justice and redress? This is unnecessary stress which I do not honestly need. I am now paranoid that they may have installed hidden listening devices and cameras. I also don't know if they are likely to enter my property at anytime.

can you not report this to the police as breaking and entering and criminal damage, pass on the name of the firm to the police. explaining you have no ties, contracts or accounts with this firm?

they would have to show any valid warrant to police, even with a warrant its surely not legal to 'break in' ?? 

i dont know anything about energy companies and what warrants can be obtained all i could find on the topic is below :

5. It should be your choice. No illegal break-ins! Energy companies don’t have any right to force entry into your home to recover money. They can only get in to disconnect supplies or put in a prepayment meter not to seize your possessions, and they can only get in with your permission or a warrant from a magistrate’s court. (If your meter is outside, however, this won’t help.) They should not be sending bailiffs – if they do, don’t let them in. Bailiffs are not allowed to force their way in. And they won’t solve your problem. Don’t negotiate with the bailiffs – negotiate with the supplier itself. If the company do go to court and do get a warrant, or if they disconnect you from the mains in the road, this will cost you extra (usually around £75 if it’s a warrant, much more if you’re disconnected.) Refusing to let them in is a way to buy time so you can negotiate some way to pay at a rate a bit nearer to what you can afford. Phone the supplier right away. Some codes of practice allow for disconnection to be delayed by a week or two if you tell them you are contacting the DWP or social services for help with the bill. If they get in, even with a warrant, they have to leave your home as secure as they found it, and compensate you for any damage caused.

im sure those more knowledgable shall be along soon

who is the supplier that did this?

how long have you been resident at the property?

do you know of the person ran up the warrant , was it a previous resident?

what made you simply ignore all letters to date , simply because they were not to 'you'?

somethings that we know should happen and in order to allow this to happen are not aligning correctly in your accusation of burglarising your property... however as correctly stated, they should not leave damage or force you to be out of pocket.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

For a energy supplier to go as far as getting a warrant and fit a pre-payment meter is the Last resort.

They would have been trying to contact you for a while now via letters, texts, Emails.

Have you got photo's of this so-called damage as evidence to show us.

• Thanks 1

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

As this Energy Company is not  your supplier, if not have you informed your actual provider, to get confirmation, as it will be the other  energy Co you go after, the bailiff is protected by the Warrant, but mistakes have been made with wrong addresses and Bailiffs before.  Get proof of bills and payments to your actual supplier, then contact the bailiffs and sqy hey big mistake you were not a customer of the firm who got the warrant, that at least puts them on notice for later on, they themselves, might not actually have done anything wrong, it will be the energyco that obtained the warrant you will have to go after.

You will need proof of your actual provider and bills paid, than inform the ones on the warrant that you have been a customer of XXX energy since XXX, and why did you have my home forecibly entered as am not a customer. get their reply then come back here  for further advice.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Of course Record Any Calls if you can.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!