Parking Eye ANPR PCN - Mandu Phase 1 Lidl carpark Portishead

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear Wonderful people on CAG i recently received a parking charge for parking too long in a carpark in Portishead. Im from Glasgow and not use to this kind of monitoring every time you park your car. Is this something i can ignore or not guys? Many thanks.

1 Date of the infringement

27/01/2022

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]

01/02/2022

3 Date received

Dont know because i was working away from home for a few weeks.

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]

Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?

Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]

No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

N/a

7 Who is the parking company?

Private Eye

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]

Lidl carpark Portishead

9. For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

Parking Eye Appeals and then POPLA.

10. There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

BPA

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

N/A

parking eye pdf (1).pdf

I take that you are not from Govan or you would have torn up the PCN and thrown  it up the lum. Their PCN is not com so opliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012  nothing to do with William Wallace [that was a different freedom] so they cannot transfer that liability of any debt [assuming there is one] from the driver to the keeper.

So as long as you don't write to then and perhaps give away who was driving they will have a hard job proving who the driver was  It could have been any member of the family plus anyone else who has  insurance to drive a car. 

How many minutes were you over the parking time as there is a new Code of Practice just been issued by the government that might put a stop to their claim. On top of that you can always write to Lidl especially if you are a regular customer and ask them to cancel it. But wait a bit till we see how long over the time you stayed for and if there was someone in the car who was disabled or there were children, or the car park was busy are all extenuating circumstances that could get the PCN cancelled.

• Like 1

• dx100uk changed the title to Parking Eye ANPR PCN - Mandu Phase 1 Lidl carpark Portishead

bottom line

read threads here 

await the Letter of claim, if they ever send one.

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

lookinforinfo

- Many thanks for your reply.

You're right im not from Govan but unfortunately i reside there for the time being. I started a new job near Bristol recently so im looking to relocate from Glasgow to nearer my job. Im aware they cant do anything if the offence was in Scotland but the offence happened in England.

I was actually in the Wetherspoons pub where the car park is so i dont actually shop in that Lidl, i do occasionally at the branch in Govan. I was over 36 by minutes as i was innocently enjoying my time having a meal and refreshments. I do have mental health problems, IBS/ diarrhoea and i get panic attacks. 

dx - Many thanks for your reply i will wait and see if they sent a letter of claim and read the threads.

thread tidied

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you follow lookedinforinfo and DX's advice, ignore them until a Letter of Claim, as POFA not followed they likely on hiding to nothing.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

In the past Parking Eye have been pretty good at complying with the Protection of freedoms Act 2006 but with the new Code of Practice coming out, they may not be so good at compliance now. 

I thought you were in Lidl but it might be worth contacting the restaurant to see if they can intervene on your behalf and get your ticket cancelled.

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply.

I will call Wetherspoons and see if they can get the ticket cancelled.

On the ticket its listed as the Lidl car park although there are a few businesses next to the car park in question. ;)

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted Wetherspoons through their website but they clearly made it clear they could not help me. Its seems like tough sir the parking restrictions are clearly marked all over the car park. 

So fingers crossed they dont take this any further.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, time to write a snotty letter. Type 'snotty letter' into the search box in the red strip at the top of this screen and you'll find other people's to get you on the right track.

As it happens, yesterday someone else here got Parking Eye to back down by writing a snotty letter, so it's worth doing.

HB

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yes

• Like 1

and they

• 4 months later...

Many thanks HB for opening the thread.

I can only apologise for not writing a snotty letter to Parking Eye.

I have been hiding my head in the sand with this matter im afraid, i also have mental health problems which makes dealing with some important matters very challenging, i can only hope they wont take this matter any further. This is the 3rd bailiff letter this one was dated on the 22nd of July 2022.

jpg2pdf.pdf

They are not BAILIFFS.

Ignore.

Dx

• Like 1

and they

That is not a Bailiff letter, DCBL are acting as PaperTiger Debt collector's here, it doesn't qualify as a Letter of Claim.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

They are not pretending to be bailiffs if you read the letter they ae very careful to avoid saying they can come along and do diddly. unless a CCJ was for more than £600 they could not be sent to knock anyway.

read the letter carefully as i've been saying since day one you've been here mystic...

it even says we are not operating as bailiffs....

• Like 1

and they