Inexplicable "Loan" Recovery from UC...?

adridude

Best way forward is to use the DWP complaints process as they have set service standards for complaints.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-work-pensions/about/complaints-procedure

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 months later...
WWW.GOV.UK

How to complain about the service you get from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) or from an organisation that provides its services.

Only DWP Debt Management can help resolve this for you.  No point contacting the Job Centre or Case Manager, as they will not have access to debt information. They just see the amount being deducted on UC statements, that same as you.

Debt Management complaints

Telephone: 0800 916 0647

Monday to Friday, 8am to 7.30pm

On UC statements, next to the amount being deducted, what does it state as the deduction type ?

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Yes there is Independent Case Examiner, but as you will see, they require final letter of response from DWP., before they will look into any complaint

WWW.GOV.UK

Contact the Independent Case Examiner about unresolved complaints to do with DWP services, for example Jobcentre Plus

Suggest that you register a complaint again and also send a Data Protection Subect Access Request (SAR) specifically asking for information regarding budgeting and crisis loans.

I wonder whether this loan is from a very long time ago ( could be 20 years ago) or it is more recent and someone has taken out a UC advance during Covid period using your details without you knowing about it.