how do i start a small claims?

adam uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 793 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there. I am not legally qualified and solicitors for small claims are expensive. I have no choice but to do it myself.

OK. I have a company that I believe owes me £1200. They are not paying. I have emailed to them back and forth and they have insisted they are not paying. They do not have an ADR scheme or a regulator.

So,  I sent  them a letter of claim giving them 14 days outlining my issues and claim in October last year.  They then passed it to their solicitors who wrote to me telling me they are acting etc

They took 3 months to respond, and now are stating they are not paying and will defend any action.

So what do I do from here? Do I go online to moneyclaim.gov.uk and file a small claim? Or do I continue negotiating?

What are civil procedure rules? Do they have to respond within a set time?

If someone can be kind enough to give me a few template letters or guidance, thanks.

click small claims.

however it might help to expand a bit on what this is all about/?

whats the £1200 for?

if you issued a letter of claim last october then no wonder they are ignoring you as you didn't follow thru in 14 days....idle threats just like a powerless dca...

issuing a court claim is not just a series of letters nor templates...it could cost you dear if not done properly..but no you dont need a solicitor.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Who is this company?

Why do they owe you this money?

What have you sent them so far?

What evidence do you have?

A small claim is uber easy and simple to do, but there's a process you will need to follow to ensure it is done correctly.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I don't think templates are necessarily the answer.

A good way to learn is by clicking on words in your thread like 'small claims' to go through to another page with more information. That way you will understand what you're doing and be able to answer questions at any hearing you might need.

HB

• I agree 1

Illegitimi non carborundum