ESP/Gladstone PCN letter of claim - Angel Care North, Whickham NE16 4DN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a PCN of £60 in november however when I received it I actually had to then go into hospital for an emergency operation.

It’s taken me a while to come around and get myself better but I couldn’t fight/pay for this ticket and now I have a letter off Gladstone’s solicitors saying I owe them £170.

I don’t mind paying the original £60 but Gladstone are ignoring my appeal and now it’s past the due date.

Has anybody got any advice or will I now get taken to court?

I have all the evidence from my operation that I forwarded to Gladstones.

I also tried to contact the private car parking people when i came out of my operation but there was only a payment number and with me being so poorly I just gave up.

Sorry to hear you've been so ill.  If you read other threads you'll soon realise that the private parking companies in general and Gladstones in particular are utter charlatans.  They won't give a monkey's about your illness.  They're just interested in £££££.

To help us to help you please fill this in

And by the way it's not a fine, it's an invoice from a private company, none of the consequences of not paying a fine can possibly happen to you.

Edited by FTMDave
Typo

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Welcome to the Forum.

Advice? well if you fill in the questions on post 2 it will five us certain information which will help give you the best way to tackle the PCN.

Will you end up in Court? Possibly yes, possibly no. It depends on a number of factors-none of which we know yet. The good thing from your point of view is that gladstones are the solicitors. They are absolutely the worst solicitors that a parking company could employ. They are an asset for you.

Also there is a new Code of Practice coming in to force which is in the motorists favour. It's still new to us all but it means bad news for the parking companies so try not to stress yourself and we will come up with reasons why you need not pay a penny. 

But first we do need the questions answered above plus  include a copy of the PCN please.

1 Date of the infringement

29/10/2021

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]

05/11/2021

[scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide]
I don’t have the copy to hand of my original letter I do have a photo of it though but it’s on my phone?

3 Date received

10/11/2021

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]

Not that i’m aware of.

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?

Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]

N

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

N

7 Who is the parking company?

ES Parking

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]

Angle Care North Limited

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

Not that I can see

I also have a copy of my gladstone’s letter to hand

Thanks for your help hope this is enough?

Letter of Claim.pdf

Well if the dates are right, they were out of time with the NTK. What did you receive on 5th November please?

If you have the NTK, could we see both sides of it please? If you don't have a scanner, you can take a photo and post that - our upload guide will help.

Here's a link to the forum sticky with the commonly used abbreviations for parking issues.

I'll amend your title a bit to give more information.

HB

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

• honeybee13 changed the title to ES Parking, Angle Care North - Private parking 'fine' now passed on to gladstones

Yes sorry it is in Newcastle, but it’s in the village whickham. It’s postcode is NE16 4DN.  

Ive made a mistake with the form.

They sent it on the 5th November(date at top of original letter), I received the letter on the 10th November. 

• honeybee13 changed the title to ES Parking, Angel Care North, Whickham NE16 4DN - Private parking 'fine' now passed on to gladstones

NTK is in time, 'offence' was 29/10/2022 and NTK dated 05/011/2022 - no doubt their signs are rubbish and probably non compliant though.

You have received a Letter Before Action so you need to send a suitable 'snotty letter' in response, have a search around on here, there's plenty of examples.

• Like 1

• dx100uk changed the title to ESP/Gladstone PCN letter of claim - Angel Care North, Whickham NE16 4DN

Upload 635 unapproved name still showing.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

This is my first ever parking charge so I’m fairly knew to everything that is going on.

Could you point me in the direction of some snotty letter responses?

Sorry, thank you for taking time to reply I really appreciate it as I am clueless on what to do to be honest with you.

thread tidied and your letter of claim PDF and correct dates inserted in the sticky a few posts above.

use our enhanced google search box

type in 

parking eye snotty letter

or just snotty letter.

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Strange, the PCN was apparently sent on time but has not complied with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. That means that they can only pursue you as the driver not the keeper. It is much more difficult winning against the driver since they do not know who the driver was nor can they assume that the keeper and the driver are the same person.

To save looking up for a snotty try this one.

Dear Will and John,

You are definitely not the best solicitors in Britain  but as comedians you are pretty good. Your letter had me laughing out loud.

I don''t suppose you have read the new Code of Practice but that £70 you have added for "time and resources spent" [yeah right ]has been described in the Regulations as a "rip off".  And then you add an extra £30 on to your solicitors costs.  Truly your avarice exceeds your legal knowledge by miles.

If you do not understand the contents of this letter you may wish to consult a competent solicitor.

Do not sign it

Charhenderson you can be as rude as you like with Gallstones, their IQ is well below that of an amoeba so they will not understand but it should make them think that their letter has not scared you and that you are not paying them.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lookinforinfo said:

Strange, the PCN was apparently sent on time but has not complied with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. That means that they can only pursue you as the driver not the keeper. It is much more difficult winning against the driver since they do not know who the driver was nor can they assume that the keeper and the driver are the same person.

To save looking up for a snotty try this one.

Dear Will and John,

You are definitely not the best solicitors in Britain  but as comedians you are pretty good. Your letter had me laughing out loud.

I don''t suppose you have read the new Code of Practice but that £70 you have added for "time and resources spent" [yeah right ]has been described in the Regulations as a "rip off".  And then you add an extra £30 on to your solicitors costs.  Truly your avarice exceeds your legal knowledge by miles.

If you do not understand the contents of this letter you may wish to consult a competent solicitor.

Do not sign it

Charhenderson you can be as rude as you like with Gallstones, their IQ is well below that of an amoeba so they will not understand but it should make them think that their letter has not scared you and that you are not paying them.

Okay so :

Dear Gladstones,
You are definitely not the best solicitors in Britain  but as comedians you are pretty good. Your letter had me laughing out loud.
I don'’t suppose you have read the new Code of Practice but that £70 you have added for "time and resources spent" [yeah right ]has been described in the Regulations as a "rip off".  And then you add an extra £30 on to your solicitors costs.  Truly your avarice exceeds your legal knowledge by miles.

Do not sign it. And do I just post it to the address on the bottom of the gladstone’s letter I received? What about ES parking who originally fined me do I need to send it to them too or not? 

Thanks

Yes, write at the bottom COPIED TO ES PARKING ENFORCEMENT LTD and tomorrow invest in two 2nd class stamps and get two free Certificates of Posting from the post office. 

Gladdys are well up not only for fleecing motorists but also for fleecing their clients, and would love a court case to start even if it was hopeless.  So let ES Parking know too directly they you would be big trouble if they were daft enough to do court.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread