Messed about by office furniture suppliers

spencer1959
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For over two weeks I have been trying to purchase a new office chair. The first company I choose was OfficeSupperMarket.co.uk Selected the chair, made payments online was phoned a few days later to be told that the chair would be delivered on the friday and was that ok I agreed. On the Thursday the day before delivery another phone call to say that the chair had not been delivered from their main warehouse and would not be able to deliver as agreed. I canceled the order. ...I week wasted.

Second attempt.

Next I shopped about a bit and come across a company called furnitureatwork.co.uk. Arranged for them to call me back explained that I needed a chair asap and that another company had let me down the salesman said he would check with their warehouse to see the earliest that they could deliver - I was told Tuesday the following week I said that was great. Guess what Tuesday came and went but no chair.:mad:

I can't seem to get anywhere its been over two weeks trying to get a chair delivered - this is not a third world country - what is it with these companies. I have now got a credit card with over £300 on it and no chair.

Remember these two companies:

and avoid them.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world:

Those who understand binary and those who don't.:rolleyes:

• 11 months later...

I came across this while searching Google, I had to post a reply. I've been fitting out offices around the UK for the last 8 or 9 years now, and finding the right company is not always easy. Trouble is anyone can knock up a website, how do you know who you're dealing with?

In my experience there are a few good companies out there who you might want to look at. Inter County have always been good for me [edit] GDBI too, very big company. Stage 2 were quite a good little company, but I think they went bust a few years back.

Whoever you choose, do some research first. Helps to buy from someone who makes their own furniture too. Lots of very slick website with not a lot else behind them.

• 5 weeks later...
I've bought furniture from Viking Direct. No problems:)

So have I along with a lot of other stuff. Never ever let me down, knock on the door at the exact time they say they will. Good trustworthy company.

• 1 year later...

Ive had a similar problem with Office Furniture commercial link removed they were an absolute nightmare. I ordered a desk and chair which they told me I'd have to wait 8 weeks for as it was out of stock. I then gave up waiting and cancelled the order and went to link removed who had it delivered in 2 weeks! Ideal.

Commercial link removed were a nightmare to communicate with too. Everytime i tried to get in contact via email, i would get an auto generated response saying they would respond soon. When i cancelled my order, funilly enough i never had a reply from them!

AVOID THEM. Would highly recommend link removed though. Fab prices, large range and quick delivery

Can anyone recommend a good place to get a sofa? ideally a place where you dont have to wait 16 weeks to get it!?

Jazmin

Edited by ScarletPimpernel
Commercial links removed.

• 1 month later...

If you want to get some really high quality solid oak furniture then visit link removed.

You wont get any damaged goods due to the way the furniture is stored and loaded using a pallet method.

The company is really reliable and will exchange any goods within 7days if you arent happy.

Hope this helps to those of you having problems,

Jazmin

Edited by ScarletPimpernel
Commercial link removed.

• 8 months later...