Lowell, overdale, £2.5k Debt

Maxedup
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'll keep this short as I've just joined and am sure im posting in the wrong place.

I started receiving letters from Lowell in 2016/17 about a £70 debt, that debt kept increasing as others were added.

I was suffering from bad depression at the time and later had a break down so have only found most of the unopened letters this past few days.

They got a CCJ's in 2017 and apparently i was ordered to pay £15 a week even though i was a carer and literally only on about £60 a week benefits and some was already being deducted for unpaid council tax, as I said I was ill.

I never once contacted them or spoke over the phone, the other week i received a letter from coverfield? Overdales solicitors saying I had 14 days to contact and pay off 2.5k or they would send the potential enforcement.

After 11 days I received another letter saying I've got 7 days left or they would start potential enforcement, I've got within 7 days from date of letter, 15th February to pay or reply.

I haven't been answering because I've been ill, stressed to hell, a carer for my mum who's 91 and the social services are trying to say has dementia, even got her Doctor to ring me.

But I've also not replied because I don't really know what the debts are for, a couple of hundred maybe, I found a letter which cited capital one, i haven't had any dealings with capital one for over 20 years which was credit cards in 1995/96 and they ended up quashing the debt or whatever term you use so are they actually able to claim for debt from approx 26 years ago?

I don't want to ring if I'm affecting anything but I also can't handle the big boys knocking on my door.

I would ring and organise a realistic payment plan "for what i owe" but not for something that was quashed 20 years ago, plus my idea of reasonable and theirs will possibly be miles apart.

My previous dealings with debt agencies have been horrendous so this is making me really ill.

Edited by dx100uk
added A few blank lines only..dx

Have you checked your credit records ?

Might be the first place to start. And come back to this site with the details, as we need to know more about the debts and when any CCJ's were obtained.

Don't worry about enforcement of county court debt, as the debts are a civil matter.  Do not let any enforcement officers into your home, as once you have allowed peaceful entry, you will then have given permission for them to come back into your home again. And they could start to seize goods to sell towards the debts owed.

As you are struggling with health and have caring responsibilities, you might want to get local help. Your local Council will have details of local organisations that can provide support with the problems you are going through.  Mental Health and debts problems often come together, so there are crisis teams in most areas of the country, where they can help you deal with getting to grips with the difficulties you find yourself in.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to Lowell, overdale, £2.5k Debt

Stop being scared of powerless dca's... They are not BAILIFFS and never can be even with a ccj,..totally powerless on any debt no matter what it's type.

get the ccj number from your credit file, if one really does exist??

then comeback here.

do not ring the fleecers under any circumstances nor contact them ever unless advised by us here

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...