Packlink/UPS - UPS damaged and disposed of my eBay package - ignored by Packlink and going round in circles with UPS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

First off, thank you for all the support you're providing to consumers on this platform.

My situation is as follows: 

- I booked a UPS shipment via Packlink to send an eBay parcel

- The item never reached the buyer and I've refunded her (UPS actually lied on their shipment report saying the buyer refused the package)

- The shipment tracking report eventually indicated that the parcel was damaged and all merchandise discarded by UPS

I've started the compensation claim process with Packlink (who provides upto £60 insurance) and all my requests for updates on the matter have been ignored.

As advised by eBay, I then got in touch with UPS but still have zero clarity on what's happening from speaking to UPS: someone on the phone tells me the claim (I assume the Packlink claim) has been denied on the basis of poor packaging (totally untrue as the package was heavily padded with bubble wrap and securely fastened) while someone on email tells me I have to start a new claim.

My next step was going to be to initiate a UPS claim/damage report but I don't have photo evidence of damage as UPS effectively disposed of my parcel - so chances of that going through appear slim. I was wondering if there's any other avenues I should explore?

Also some further info which might help: the item was a desk lamp (eBay item value was £58) and I paid approx £9 for the shipment

Thanks very much

You go after ups.

And use royal mail only..not chat. Not email. But letters only.

complaint letter

letter of claim

court claim.

just type in hermes in our search and get reading a good few 10's of posts here to know your process inside out.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Did you take out an insurance for this parcel?

As my site team colleague above has said, you should read as many of the Hermes stories as you can stomach because that's the way it will go.

Packlink is domiciled in Spain – so once again as my site team colleague has advise you – don't bother with them. Occasionally they come up with compensation but generally speaking they don't.

Once you read the Hermes stories and you have begun your complaint to UPS and either they have knocked you back or else you have heard nothing after 10 days, come back here and we will help you with a letter of claim

• dx100uk changed the title to Packlink/UPS - UPS damaged and disposed of my eBay package - ignored by Packlink and going round in circles with UPS

Thank you both, I will follow your advice and check back in after 10 days to proceed with the letter of claim if I don't hear back from UPS.

Also in response to your query, Packlink has standard insurance coverage of upto £60 for UPS delivery services but I won't bother pursuing the matter further with them.

Thanks again!

Well you may as well go through the formality of making a complaint to Packlink just in case they cough up. It has happened occasionally and that would save you having to begin a court claim against UPS

worthy of a read.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi both, I've been unable to submit a claim on the UPS website as their customer advisor told me to, so I intended to kick off the complaint process imminently.

But I've heard back from Packlink after 1 week with the below response so this gives me some hope! So I'm thinking of holding off sending the complaint letter to UPS as Packlink seem to be handling it, although they are being very slow! I'll keep you updated

"I apologise for the delay in our response! I have followed up with UPS and I am waiting for them to send me the last document so I can process your claim"

Thank you

And how long are you prepared to wait?

I agree that is the best thing to do. Otherwise you cede control to them. It's up to you to lay down the deadlines and to follow through if they break them.

• I agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update from me, I've had something from Packlink so seems to be moving in the right direction:

Your dossier has been sent the carrier claims department, today 04-03-2022 in order to claim for a compensation as below.

CONCEPT

AMOUNT

PAID VIA

Goods Compensation

£58

PayPal

Postage cost refund

£ 7.98+VAT

Same payment used to pay the label-(Refunded)

For reference for future readers, I sent the Packlink complaint via their contact form (avoid the chat!!) - I think if you select 'Something else' on the Help page, the contact form pops up otherwise it redirects to chat. I mentioned I will initiate legal proceedings etc which seems to have prompted them into action (I know it's meaningless as they're in Spain but worth a try). Another agent was then allocated to handle the case.

Thanks for all the help so far!

Does this mean that you are being fully reimbursed?

Yep that's the full amount I claimed🙂

I notice they've put a disclaimer though:
Please allow up to 30 days to receive the confirmation about the acceptance of the claim.

So not sure if there's still scope for them not to pay up!

Well occasionally we have had reports of Packlink paying out the value of the lost parcels so it seems that you may be one of the lucky ones.

Please keep us updated

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well done. I'm glad it was fairly straightforward. And thanks in advance for the donation. And thanks in advance for the donation.

• Like 1