Highview Parking ANPR PCN Claimform - Urban Exchange Manchester

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

This is the exact thing that has happened to me. I received a letter today, dated 16th February 2022 for a PCN for 07/07/2017 for Urban Exchange.

The charges are very similar:

£231.24 for amount claimed

£35 for court fee

£50 for legal rep

total = £316.24

please can you help advise if i can contest this or if i will need to pay. 

many thanks,

Which Court have you received the claim from?  County Court Business Centre Northampton NN1 2LH 

Name of the Claimant: Highview Parking Limited

Claimants Solicitors: DCB Legal LTD, Direct House, Greenwood Drive, Runcorn, WA71UG

Date of issue – 16th February 2022

Date for AOS – 2nd March 2022

Date to submit Defence – 16th March 2022

What is the claim for – 

1 The Defendant(d) is indebted to the Claimant ()' for a Parking Charge(s) issued to vehicle ' xxxx ' at Urban Exchange M4

2. The PCN details are 07/07/2017 

3_The PCN(s) was Issued on private land owned or managed by C. The vehicle was parked in breach of the Terms on Cs signs (the Contract) thus Incurring the PCN(s).

4 The driver agreed to pay within 28 days but did not,  D is Liable as the driver or keeper

5.Despite requests the PCN(s) is outstanding. The Contract entitles C to damages

AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS
1 £165 being the total of the PCN(s) and damages

2 Interest at a rate of 8% per annum pursuant to s 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 from the date hereof at a dally rate
of £0 02 until Judgment or sooner payment

3.Costs and court fees

What is the value of the claim? Total £316.24

Amount Claimed 231.24

court fees: 35 

legal rep fees: 50 

Total Amount  316.24

Hi, 

I received a claim form for a parking charge today. the issue date is 16th February 2022 for a parking charge at Manchester's Urban Exchange on 7th July 2017. This is over 4 years old.

The details of the claim form are below.

Please can someone help me and advise if i need to pay this or if i can contest it.

I have recently worked hard to rebuild my credit score and i do not want to get a CCJ as this would ruin all my hard work.

I have looked at previous post and used the template on the other post to help advise the details.

the claim form is almost identical to other one as it is the same people pursuing, using the same legal firm, at the same location the parking charge was received, also in 2017, etc. 

many thanks in advance,

if you can help me,

this would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

Don't worry.  Even if the worst possible thing happened and you lost in court, if you paid within the 30 days the court ordered there would be no CCJ, and no effect whatsoever on your credit score.

The way the legal system works is that costs are already included.  So if you gave in now you would pay £316.  If you lost in court you would pay £316.  So it's worth fighting.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform

register as an individual on the Gov't Gateway Site
Go to HMRC's login page.

Click the GREEN sign in button.
Click “Create sign in details”
Enter your email address where asked.
You will now be emailed a confirmation code. ...

You will now be issued with a User ID for your government gateway account.
 note down your details inc the long gateway number given, you might need it later.

then log in to the MCOL Website

select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.

then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked.

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim

type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything

you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.

you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.

………….

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Actually thinking about it, were you to lose in court it's highly likely the judge wouldn't allow the £60 Unicorn Food Tax they'll have certainly added to their original invoice and would only allow one year's interest rather than four a half worth's, and not at 8% either.  All reasons not to pay.

And of course CAG is here to ensure you win in court so your final bill is £0.00.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

dx100uk

Thank you for providing the step by step guidance. Much appreciated.

I have completed all the steps and will be sending the letter to the solicitors shortly. Can I just ask, what happens once I have sent the letter?

You read that other thread and as many pcn claimform threads here as you can. Everything will be revealed

But read the bottom 2 lines of my last post carefully and you wouldn't be asking your question..

cag is predominantly self help, we dont mind guidance but not nursemaiding people.

Dont do anything without checking here 1st mind!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...